Weapons Why Finding The New Legendary Cursed Seems "Impossible"

Do you think the TLOPO team should...

• just tell us how to get the new Legendary.

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • give us a new hint on how to find the New Legendary Cursed every week.

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • leave it as a Mystery.

Votes: 20 26.7%

• Total voters
I'm starting to suspect they're gonna be special giveaways of some sort. Together, I'm pretty sure this community has dug up every single weapon in the code of the game. Even if they're boss-only, Abassa/Andaba is always crowded with looters trying their luck at Drench and Drizzle and the best we've got are reports of old legends. Of course, there are some rare items such as the Gorilla Broadsword which aren't found often because the enemies that drop them are under-looted, so they could be well-ensconced in some method no one ever cares to try.

I have a feeling it might have something to do with fishing since they're not conventional enemies and it's not a normal way to loot. Plus the blog post called "Cursed Treasure" did mention throwing the weapons "overboard".
I did try fishing off Cuba but have not yet tried off Menta or RC.

I'm starting to suspect they're gonna be special giveaways of some sort. Together, I'm pretty sure this community has dug up every single weapon in the code of the game. Even if they're boss-only, Abassa/Andaba is always crowded with looters trying their luck at Drench and Drizzle and the best we've got are reports of old legends. Of course, there are some rare items such as the Gorilla Broadsword which aren't found often because the enemies that drop them are under-looted, so they could be well-ensconced in some method no one ever cares to try.
Not really sure how this has to do with my point...

Special giveaway? For what? Why? What does that have to do with anything?

Most of this is just a 'guess' on what it could be... which if you read the original post, this is not a theory thread on how to find the new blades... it's explaining what's wrong with how finding them was setup and none have been found.

I have a feeling it might have something to do with fishing since they're not conventional enemies and it's not a normal way to loot. Plus the blog post called "Cursed Treasure" did mention throwing the weapons "overboard".
Once again to both post, this is not a theory thread, it's about what's wrong with the way they set up this 'mystery'

I did try fishing off Cuba but have not yet tried off Menta or RC.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the bosses.. why would 6 new bosses randomly be implemented? but i'm completely confused with this whole post and this "mystery."

Not really sure how this has to do with my point...

Special giveaway? For what? Why? What does that have to do with anything?

Most of this is just a 'guess' on what it could be... which if you read the original post, this is not a theory thread on how to find the new blades... it's explaining what's wrong with how finding them was setup and none have been found.

Once again to both post, this is not a theory thread, it's about what's wrong with the way they set up this 'mystery'
I expect that there is nothing wrong with the way that it's setup and that it's as simple as; no one has yet found the way to get them. I think the blog was clear that they are lootable and not in the usual way. I expect that if we were dealing with a glitch the developers would have noticed by now and made a statement. At this point I wish they would just do this one thing: Make the announcement explicitly that they are lootable and everything is as they intended.

The whole fishing idea would make sense because fishing is currently pretty useless considering you can get more gold from land looting or ship looting, and the Flying Dutchman was a ship in the movies that resided underwater. Though it just doesn't make sense as cursed famed weapons have already popped up for many pirates. Maybe you can only get the new legendary cursed from fishing, or maybe it's just the same as it's always been. Truth is, we don't know and you should really just keep looting how you always have. :)

Sometimes things don't always work out like ya would hope them to , I played Potco for close to 6 years with 4 accts and many a pirates and Never found a " Legendary " ! Yet playing here on TLOPO I have found 2 with my pirates in under a year ! Ya never know when one may show up but yes it lacks the information to find a new one but if ye do , then what , ya want another and another !

d55986c401d87971c81ef4f8e21363cb.png

2018-4-4 tlopo-rc-v1.12.2
Hint
  • If ye be looking to find new blades, keep to the six. Except if they're a pair, for then they'd have to share.
Bugfixes
  • Increased the rate at which the new legendary cursed blades will drop as per community feedback. Please note that they will still be very hard to obtain, just not impossibly hard. This does NOT affect global loot rates.
  • Spouts now have a voodoo energy bar.
  • Spouts will now spawn at levels 47-52, up from 45-52.
  • Spouts will now use the full range of voodoo skills.
Maintenance
  • Code cleanup.

~This Thread Is Now Closed~

"If ye be looking to find new blades, keep to the six. Except if they're a pair, for then they'd have to share."

This means you can find any of the new blades from all the 6 new boss' EXCEPT the Voodoo Twins.

Last edited:
I still think its all RNG and the wording Dentface posted was just a different way to put it, maybe you don't need to read too much into it lol

Also what are the twins?

Wait, could you please explain to me how there are different looting methods? I thought it was just kill an enemy and hope for the best.

I understand that there are different ways to kill enemies faster to get more loot, but how would that affect the rng? I understand that different enemies and different places may give different weapons, but I wouldn’t call that a looting method.

Are there sertain ways to kill enemies that give different loot? I don’t understand.

Back