Why I love the new ship AI

navy3001

Notorious Pirate
Hello i will say why i love the new ship AI in the game!

i don't remember much about the AI in POTCO but from the videos i saw people did the following

attack ship

quickly drive away from it

aim for a broad side

repeat untill the ship is sunk

but in TLOPO the AI is as fast as the player ships and they "force" you into a turning battle which makes it feel more like a battle of that time

one thing i do agree about with other people is the argo range...but then again your a pirate why would they not go after you on sight?

I'll say one thing... you need a good crew on cannons now!:p Hope we can still throw grenades at enemy ships, we need all the help we can get! (Would help if you have a level 6 Copper Head upgrade too);)
:pirate ship::bang::cannon::flag1:

I'll say one thing... you need a good crew on cannons now!:p Hope we can still throw grenades at enemy ships, we need all the help we can get! (Would help if you have a level 6 Copper Head upgrade too);)
:pirate ship::bang::cannon::flag1:
truthfuly i can take out pretty much any ship..just a crew makes the ship go down faster :p (if they can aim that is)

i don't remember much about the AI in POTCO but from the videos i saw people did the following

attack ship

aim for a broad side

but in TLOPO the AI is as fast as the player ships and they "force" you into a turning battle which makes it feel more like a battle of that time

one thing i do agree about with other people is the argo range...but then again your a pirate why would they not go after you on sight?
That's where it's wrong. Its to a point where the players' broadsides dont hit the ship correctly- it always misses. Needs to be fixed; the old AI was perfect.. it might have been easy, but that was the point. This game isn't meant to be realistic, its meant to be fantasy and fun. The ship AI should be looked at, end of story.

That's where it's wrong. Its to a point where the players' broadsides dont hit the ship correctly- it always misses. Needs to be fixed; the old AI was perfect.. it might have been easy, but that was the point. This game isn't meant to be realistic, its meant to be fantasy and fun. The ship AI should be looked at, end of story.

my boradsides hit the hostile ships... they do miss but not always

the old AI was..boring

my boradsides hit the hostile ships... they do miss but not always

the old AI was..boring

What if some of us specifically liked the 'boring', slower AI?

I personally loved how relaxing the old sailing system was. Maybe implement the new AI for Bounty Hunters, Warships, Treasure Fleets, and Special ships and use the old AI for normal ships? That'd allow for people to pursue more challenging encounters while leaving some of the slower, more relaxing sailing I know I loved.

What if some of us specifically liked the 'boring', slower AI?

I personally loved how relaxing the old sailing system was. Maybe implement the new AI for Bounty Hunters, Warships, Treasure Fleets, and Special ships and use the old AI for normal ships?
well..not sure what to tell ya...the new AI isnt that hard to combat once the turning battle starts just make sure you time Open fire when your ship is closer to the target ship so none will miss

EDIT: seems i did this before you edited it and added in the more stuff..i guess it could work for war ships treasuer fleets and bounty hunters

The previous AI didn't effectively move or fight back at all, they might as well have been floating archery targets. The new system is a little out of sync with the quest progression, though. Missions like "Sink 100 Navy Bullet Sponges" have passed beyond 'grind' into some new dimension of gaming we don't even have words for.

attack ship

aim for a broad side

They attack to often. Normally for no reason what so ever. This annoys me a'lot. I went afk to see what my mom wanted because she was calling for me (lol) and I let it load up and when I come back, I find myself in a jail cell. Then I did the exact same thing again but I went to tick and I was back in a cell. My computer is slow so I let it load something while i'm doing something else. (2011 Mac) I really do not like this. I was changing my settings and my ship was almost destroyed. I feel like this is a problem. I wish when I hit them this would happen but its random, I do not like this at all.

They attack to often. Normally for no reason what so ever. This annoys me a'lot. I went afk to see what my mom wanted because she was calling for me (lol) and I let it load up and when I come back, I find myself in a jail cell. Then I did the exact same thing again but I went to tick and I was back in a cell. My computer is slow so I let it load something while i'm doing something else. (2011 Mac) I really do not like this. I was changing my settings and my ship was almost destroyed. I feel like this is a problem. I wish when I hit them this would happen but its random, I do not like this at all.

it seems the update that just happen fixed the argo range because i was battling a war ship and i ran into two other AI ships and they just ingnored me

One thing I hope they do is increase the amount of rep ships give to the captain. Even with ships whose levels are in the 40's, if the captain only gets one broadside in and the crew instantly sinks the ship, the captain only gets around 10 rep which makes leveling sailing not even a feasible option.

I believe since they added bounty hunters or are going to since I don't see them the regular ships are glitched and are acting like they're bounty hunters, I hope this is true since this game isn't suppose to be that hard and us pirates are suppose to be a bit stronger than the enemies

I believe since they added bounty hunters or are going to since I don't see them the regular ships are glitched and are acting like they're bounty hunters, I hope this is true since this game isn't suppose to be that hard and us pirates are suppose to be a bit stronger than the enemies

but they are not hard to battle..

If you want tough ship AI, then fight your way to the Bounty Hunters. It needs to be fixed.

but they are not hard to battle..
They are hard to battle, especially while sailing a War Galleon alone that doesn't turn all that fast.
Undead ships are almost impossible to hit with the broadsides now because they are so inaccurate.
Also, the small hull the undead ships have does not make it any easier for the broadsides to hit.

The ships being this fast is mega unrealistic, though if they made them slightly slower and then fixed broadsides from missing literally 90% of the time then it'd be just like it was I think.

They are hard to battle, especially while sailing a War Galleon alone that doesn't turn all that fast.
Undead ships are almost impossible to hit with the broadsides now because they are so inaccurate.
Also, the small hull the undead ships have does not make it any easier for the broadsides to hit.
i have a war frigate and every time i go out i come back in with a few royal chest due to not enouth time to get full royal chest..if time was nothing then i would always come back with 16 royal chests

Back