Why I love the new ship AI

Anything with active opponents is a thousand times better than that target range of stationary bullet sponges. Now we just gotta persuade the players to start moving too!

Thank you Davy, you're awesome!

Anything with active opponents is a thousand times better than that target range of stationary bullet sponges. Now we just gotta persuade the players to start moving too!

Aye, I'm loving that they actually have a mind now. I've been moving and they can barely keep up though, should teach them what the "A" and "D" keys are as well... strafing is great for taking care of speedy foes!

Aye, I'm loving that they actually have a mind now. I've been moving and they can barely keep up though, should teach them what the "A" and "D" keys are as well... strafing is great for taking care of speedy foes!

It would be interesting if every ship had a slightly different strategy. As I increase my speed and turning rate I do find I'm settling into a one-size-fits-all combat routine, at least for one-on-one fights.

Thank you for the suggestion! A more varied strategy from the AI would be interesting to see, I agree.
Maybe some team AI eventually, so groups of ships spread out to attack you from different angles rather than all gathering together in your wake getting in each others way.

Back