Question Why is the game world so quiet chatwise?

I know the game is in beta. It has been in beta for years and years now. I know the devs work hard. I'm just saying it how it is. Right now there are 3 people in my guilds discord general chat not being able to play the content they want because they can't access the caves because they crash. There comes a point where these things have to be fixed, permanently. Players who have been around for a long time know that most of these bugs are recurring in some shape or form, and as I stated previously, players lose a tolerance to play the game and directly speaking, lose the will to chat or interact when the game just... doesn't work.
I actually had a similar crash trying to enter one of the shops on Padres the other day. It's an inventory issue that the devs are aware of. They're definitely trying to fix game breaking bugs like this as soon as physically possible. As a programmer myself, I know exactly how hard it can be to track down intricate bugs in a codebase, especially one that's over a decade old. Many times you fix a bug but in the process 3 other things break due to how poorly the original code was structured. So all I can say to you is to have patience, and if you feel yourself losing interest due to such bugs, maybe take a break for a bit and come back when (hopefully) those bugs have been addressed and are no longer an issue.

I actually had a similar crash trying to enter one of the shops on Padres the other day. It's an inventory issue that the devs are aware of. They're definitely trying to fix game breaking bugs like this as soon as physically possible. As a programmer myself, I know exactly how hard it can be to track down intricate bugs in a codebase, especially one that's over a decade old. Many times you fix a bug but in the process 3 other things break due to how poorly the original code was structured. So all I can say to you is to have patience, and if you feel yourself losing interest due to such bugs, maybe take a break for a bit and come back when (hopefully) those bugs have been addressed and are no longer an issue.
I stopped playing TLOPO consistently about 2 years ago cause I was tired of all the bugs back then. Since then I've come back intermittently to grind events and such, talk with old friends. I understand what your saying, but two years or so later, the same bugs I still see in Hollowed Woods, the same frustrations raised by my friends and guildies. I and others have tried to have patience... the issue is that it seems the patience required doesn't seem very fruitful right now, at least from my perspective.

Back