Wow fishing......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Cannonskull

Pirate Lord
2017-7-19 tlopo-rc-1.3.4
Bugfixes
  • Corrected an issue with Treasure Sense not calculating properly.
  • Fixed an issue with certain ammo types not dropping.
  • Fixed an issue with returning the correct number of skill points upon skill retrain.
  • Fixed "knockdown" skills so they properly prevent the avatar from attacking.
  • Fixed loot rates for fishing - they should reflect values on land now and not return astronomical amounts of famed and legendary items!
Maintenance
  • Code cleanup.
  • Whitelist tweaks.

2017-7-19 tlopo-rc-1.3.4
Bugfixes

• Corrected an issue with Treasure Sense not calculating properly.
    • Fixed an issue with certain ammo types not dropping.
    • Fixed an issue with returning the correct number of skill points upon skill retrain.
    • Fixed "knockdown" skills so they properly prevent the avatar from attacking.
    • Fixed loot rates for fishing - they should reflect values on land now and not return astronomical amounts of famed and legendary items!
Maintenance

• Code cleanup.
    • Whitelist tweaks.
Haha I guess I'm happy!

So its OK to roll-back/take away everyone's Cannon Rams, but not the Famed/ Legendary Weapons fished up through a broken mechanic...
Doesn't that fall under abusing a bug?
The difference is CD's bug/exploit could let you AFK the entire time, and still get loot. In fishing you still had to work for it.

So its OK to roll-back/take away everyone's Cannon Rams, but not the Famed/ Legendary Weapons fished up through a broken mechanic...
In small scale cases I think they would remove the items, but since fishing has been like this for so long I don't think they're gonna do anything of the sort. People would just be too angry.

It would not be fair to wipe everyone's legitimate famed and legendaries, they've been looting all this time, because of higher than normal loot values on fishing. They were still playing the game legitimately, not abusing a bug, and could not help that values were higher - heck, nobody could have even known!

Abusing a bug is entirely different.

It would not be fair to wipe everyone's legitimate famed and legendaries, they've been looting all this time, because of higher than normal loot values on fishing. They were still playing the game legitimately, not abusing a bug, and could not help that values were higher - heck, nobody could have even known!

Abusing a bug is entirely different.

Anyone who fished for even a little bit of time would have noticed the loot from fishing was too good to be true.

Anyone who fished for even a little bit of time would have noticed the loot from fishing was too good to be true.

There's no way they could have known the loot values, so it would be unfair to punish the entire community for that. Why would you remotely want to see every famed or legendary taken away because of fishing??

It would be impossible to differentiate weapons gained through fishing versus through land/sailing loot. CD was a little easier to correct because the only weapons given through CD were cannon rams, which are only otherwise rarely obtainable thru sailing and fishing loot. Obviously, people who got rams through fishing and sailing were hurt through the CD exploit deletion of rams, but fishing loot would be on such a larger scale that it would be detrimental.

IDK what you want as compensation for the fishing "exploit," which wasn't really an exploit, but suggesting the removal of famed and legendary items is ludicrous to me.

Mostly for consistency's sake, I guess. If the whole community got punished over the cannon ram thing, how is this any different?

It is different in nearly every aspect.

Cannon rams was a bug being heavily exploited, fishing loot values was not a bug - it was just wrong values. Why would we punish everyone over something like that? We've got to be reasonable here!

It would be impossible to differentiate weapons gained through fishing versus through land/sailing loot. CD was a little easier to correct because the only weapons given through CD were cannon rams, which are only otherwise rarely obtainable thru sailing and fishing loot. Obviously, people who got rams through fishing and sailing were hurt through the CD exploit deletion of rams, but fishing loot would be on such a larger scale that it would be detrimental.

IDK what you want as compensation for the fishing "exploit," but suggesting the removal of famed and legendary items is ludicrous to me.

Any more "ludicrous" than punishing the other players who did earn their rams no through CD?
Not looking for compensation either, just for some level of consistency.

I was under the impression that rams were not working in the first place. On the fishing side of this debate I spent hours and hours fishing and got 2 famed it takes lots of focus and attention when fishing

Any more "ludicrous" than punishing the other players who did earn their rams no through CD?
Not looking for compensation either, just for some level of consistency.

We are being consistent. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Nobody exploited a bug here, and taking away months of work from people because of some higher than normal numbers on fishing would be insane of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back