Wow fishing......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill just say this. I fished for nearly 90 hours before it just got patched and i didn't receive the single item i wanted. I managed to receive a famed item every 2 or so hours and it became the most painstakingly awful 90 hours of my life. I had to actively pay attention so to avoid messing up. With cannon defense you could straight up do nothing pretty much the whole time. that's the differentiating factor. To be clear im not defending fishing in this post, but these are two entirely different situations and to compare them as callously as they have been previously is completely nonsensical

Fishing was not bugged. Cannon defense had MULTIPLE EXPLOITS that were abused.

You are literally asking us to wipe your inventory when we decided not to. If you are so willing to lose your inventory, and believe it should have been done, then by all means delete every famed and legendary you have - we are not stopping you - but we will not punish the ENTIRE player-base and wipe MONTHS of progress in their weapon looting just because of a small incorrect value in fishing. That would be ridiculous.

We removed CD because it was bugged, and will take some time to fix. Again, fishing was NOT bugged, we will NOT punish those for something they could not help. End of story.
LOL i replied to you earlier where i said i am not demanding you to remove their items. And here you say " but we will not punish the ENTIRE player-base" but you guys didnt care on the ram situation regardless if people abused it or not or even knew it and you guys removed the ones from fishing even from people with videos and screenshots of them getting them in fishing. Just want some consistency. In both of these cases people got items they didnt completely earn, you guys literally say in release notes "they should reflect values on land now and not return astronomical amounts of famed and legendary items" it just seems inconsistent that you dont care about something that in your words was astronomical advantage.

Last edited:
While not entirely dissimilar, I don't really understand how people are equating the two situations. With CD, people were deliberately abusing a bug in a feature that wasn't even supposed to be in the game over a short period of time that gave a small, distinguishable set of items that weren't even functional. With fishing, people were inadvertently receiving an advantage in a deliberately released feature that has been in the game for over a year and received indistinguishable, and mostly functional, higher quality items at a faster rate than anticipated.

They're only similar in the sense that people received high quality items that they otherwise wouldn't have, and removing those items would adversely affect those who earned them fairly. The adverse effects of removing items in this situation would be much greater and far less warranted as a result of the above distinctions.

While not entirely dissimilar, I don't really understand how people are equating the two situations. With CD, people were deliberately abusing a bug in a feature that wasn't even supposed to be in the game over a short period of time that gave a small distinguishable set of items that weren't even functional. With fishing, people were inadvertently receiving an advantage in a deliberately released feature that has been in the game for over a year and received indistinguishable, and mostly functional, higher quality items at a faster rate than anticipated.

They're only similar in the sense that people received high quality items that they otherwise wouldn't have, and removing those items would adversely affect those who earned them fairly. The adverse effects of removing items in this situation would be much greater and far less warranted as a result of the above distinctions.
Cd was taken out and then added back in patches not sure how it wasnt meant to be added. And most people didnt abuse the bug they got theirs fairly. It just seems wrong for devs to not be consistent and say they will not punish everyone when they did that in cd case. The reason the removed the rams was that we didnt report it and that was hard to do for many people that didnt abuse it or knew about it. And as far as the similarity " just being the items " i mean they are literally the only thing that mattered they are the only reward and advantage that you get by doing either of these things.

Cd was taken out and then added back in patches not sure how it wasnt meant to be added.
In the release notes prior to the bug it was written in plain text that it had been removed from the game. It was accidentally left enabled when the update was deployed.

It just seems wrong for devs to not be consistent and say they will not punish everyone when they did that in cd case.
It would be inconsistent if not for the distinctions. You're not seeing past the similarities. If fishing were accidentally released and there was an exploit and it went unreported and there was reason to believe it was being taken advantage of en masse and it took place over a short period of time and it gave a mostly distinguishable set of items and those items were non-functional anyways... then it would be inconsistent.

In the release notes prior to the bug it was written in plain text that it had been removed from the game. It was accidentally left enabled when the update was deployed.

It would be inconsistent if not for the distinctions. You're not seeing past the similarities. If fishing were accidentally released and there was an exploit and it went unreported and there was reason to believe it was being taken advantage of en masse and it took place over a short period of time and it gave a mostly distinguishable set of items and those items were non-functional anyways... then it would be inconsistent.
not sure how it was abused in masses since it was after wave 90 and you couldnt get that far with playtimes running and the mean reason they said they were taken was that people didnt report it again not many people knew since wave 90 wasnt achievable unless you had a beta key, and were lucky enough to not crash, and lucky enough to actually get people in the game to play together most of the time it only allowed 1 person in, and then you had to be lucky for your cannon to not stop leveling sometime it stopped at lvl 3 or any random level and you basically had to reset or play extremely hard mode with 3 people and cannon not leveling up for ammo. I dont care that the items werent functional i actually have spent less time on fishing at 20 than cd and i had barely gotten my ram and fishing just rained free famed on me. The devs themselves said that it gave a " astronomical " advantage. I just think them taking rams away and saying they are gone someone people abused a bug that people didnt know about and we are taking the ones from fishing then saying they are gone deal with it and in this instance they dont care at all.

Fishing was not bugged. Cannon defense had MULTIPLE EXPLOITS that were abused.

You are literally asking us to wipe your inventory when we decided not to. If you are so willing to lose your inventory, and believe it should have been done, then by all means delete every famed and legendary you have - we are not stopping you - but we will not punish the ENTIRE player-base and wipe MONTHS of progress in their weapon looting just because of a small incorrect value in fishing. That would be ridiculous.

We removed CD because it was bugged, and will take some time to fix. Again, fishing was NOT bugged, we will NOT punish those for something they could not help. End of story.
I never played Cannon Defense when it wasn't functional, so care to explain these "multiple exploits" that the feature had? I'm just curious of what was going on. I know that you could sit and do absolutely nothing to gain cannon rams, but what else was wrong with the feature? You're treating Cannon Defense as if it was massively broken without detailing the issues.

not sure how it was abused in masses since it was after wave 90 and you couldnt get that far with playtimes running and the mean reason they said they were taken was that people didnt report it again not many people knew since wave 90 wasnt achievable unless you had a beta key, and were lucky enough to not crash, and lucky enough to actually get people in the game to play together most of the time it only allowed 1 person in, and then you had to be lucky for your cannon to not stop leveling sometime it stopped at lvl 3 or any random level and you basically had to reset or play extremely hard mode with 3 people and cannon not leveling up for ammo. I dont care that the items werent functional i actually have spent less time on fishing at 20 than cd and i had barely gotten my ram and fishing just rained free famed on me. The devs themselves said that it gave a " astronomical " advantage. I just think them taking rams away and saying they are gone someone people abused a bug that people didnt know about and we are taking the ones from fishing then saying they are gone deal with it and in this instance they dont care at all.
Honestly, you should just drop it. They're not taking away peoples' famed/legendary items - if they did, they'd have to remove the ones obtained through land looting as well. That's just how it works. Not the mention the other MASSIVE issue that not everyone would see it how you do and would be extremely upset at such a decision. It may be similar in principle to the cannon ram situation, but on this big of a scale, it would just be ridiculous and ultimately unnecessary.

I never played Cannon Defense when it wasn't functional, so care to explain these "multiple exploits" that the feature had? I'm just curious of what was going on. I know that you could sit and do absolutely nothing to gain cannon rams, but what else was wrong with the feature? You're treating Cannon Defense as if it was massively broken without detailing the issues.

I do not currently have the list in front of me, nor do I honestly want to dig for it, but off the top of my head there was an issue with certain ammo types.

I do not currently have the list in front of me, nor do I honestly want to dig for it, but off the top of my head there was an issue with certain ammo types.
Lol ya ammo bug was definitely huge right? even though you couldnt level majority of the times and we stuck with the first ability.

Honestly, you should just drop it. They're not taking away peoples' famed/legendary items - if they did, they'd have to remove the ones obtained through land looting as well. That's just how it works. Not the mention the other MASSIVE issue that not everyone would see it how you do and would be extremely upset at such a decision. It may be similar in principle to the cannon ram situation, but on this big of a scale, it would just be ridiculous and ultimately unnecessary.
everyone was upset at cannon rams they got them fairly the devs didnt care one bit why are the caring now?

everyone was upset at cannon rams they got them fairly the devs didnt care one bit why are the caring now?
I'm sure the devs would have loved to give back all the cannon rams that were looted on land and from fishing if they could have, but they had no way in the system to differentiate where they had been looted from. They did care.

I'm sure the devs would have loved to give back all the cannon rams that were looted on land and from fishing if they could have, but they had no way in the system to differentiate where they had been looted from. They did care.
they wouldnt even give them to people who had screenshots and videos of them getting it before cd and the developers still didnt care.

I've been watching you whine and complain all evening. It was very entertaining. How about you move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back