Release Notes 2017-7-3 tlopo-rc-v1.2.6

It appears as though rare/normal ship materials are no longer a guaranteed drop from hunters and warships. It happens at chance. Someone above me mentioned something about ship loot, but I'm not sure if we're thinking about it the same way. Also, loot chests and skull chests (visually) drop in groups of 2 or more, but when porting they don't show up.
i noticed this as well

No, since the start of beta. This was possible before. Not sure why it's in the patch notes. Maybe it wasn't possible for a while.
Definitely wasn't while I played. I started playing TLOPO immediately after the big extended maintenance, whatever update that was. I primarily sail and I never got a single material chest from anything but hunters/warships.

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed a bug with stunning and freezing skills.
  • Fixed a crash with boarding flagships.
  • Fixed a crash with fireworks while sailing.
  • Fixed a crash with ship permissions.
  • Fixed a tutorial bug that would prevent players from obtaining their free ship.
  • Fixed an interest bug that would prevent players from leaving crews.
  • Fixed an inventory bug that prevented new players from having treasure stacks.
  • Removed the movement delay within PvP. This should prevent the ability to skip around.
  • Ship materials can now drop from normal ships.
Maintenance:
  • Code cleanup
It seems like if you board a ship already looting in progress you won't get all the cargo already collected before you got there, is this a bug? because that seems rather annoying

I'm certainly glad that was changed. All too often, when I start a mat run, people wait to board until it's almost over. So I have to make do with 2 crew members for 75% of the trip. Hopefully now there will be some incentive to board ships that are just starting their run.

Why would you think you are entitled to portions of the loot obtained before you were even ABOARD the ship?!?

And yes afaik, POTCO operated the same way...
But what about when you're on a ship and you crash. When you come back you won't get the loot that you would've gotten if you hadn't crashed.

It appears as though rare/normal ship materials are no longer a guaranteed drop from hunters and warships. It happens at chance. Someone above me mentioned something about ship loot, but I'm not sure if we're thinking about it the same way. Also, loot chests and skull chests (visually) drop in groups of 2 or more, but when porting they don't show up.
I've noticed these exact same bugs too, very annoying lol

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed a bug with stunning and freezing skills.
  • Fixed a crash with boarding flagships.
  • Fixed a crash with fireworks while sailing.
  • Fixed a crash with ship permissions.
  • Fixed a tutorial bug that would prevent players from obtaining their free ship.
  • Fixed an interest bug that would prevent players from leaving crews.
  • Fixed an inventory bug that prevented new players from having treasure stacks.
  • Removed the movement delay within PvP. This should prevent the ability to skip around.
  • Ship materials can now drop from normal ships.
Maintenance:
  • Code cleanup
New bug found, getting a loot skull chest or loot chest when sailing doesn't give you the reward when you dock, pls fix this

in next update can you fix the quest tracking? its hard to find ships and locations sometimes where it takes literally 10-20 minutes

in next update can you fix the quest tracking? its hard to find ships and locations sometimes where it takes literally 10-20 minutes
while you're waiting for a fix you could search here http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page for quest help. If you search by the quest title you often get maps to the area, maps where required mobs are etc. I find it very useful :)

Why would you think you are entitled to portions of the loot obtained before you were even ABOARD the ship?!?

And yes afaik, POTCO operated the same way...

Often I'll be joining ships about halfway thru their mat run and all I'll really do (mostly when I don't have a cannon) is only repair constantly. When we port often times I'll even get more materials than the Captain or others that were there for much longer than myself! Given how everything else regarding looting rewards is basically random the purpose of "loot earning" seems like it doesn't work by my experiences.

On another note often when I'm doing a mat run I'll call on others from my guild that I know would appreciate the materials if I have extra crew space and vice versa. Often I'll board a ship and then do basically nothing (because they're porting and full repaired) yet I still receive rewards as equal and sometimes even greater than if I were to port my own ship as the Captain. Either the few chests I managed to be "rewarded" were beyond amazing or the other 15 everyone else got were total garbage.

To that end, it's more about earning the opportunity to receive an item instead of about how good or bad the received item is. In boarding late, you may receive in one loot container something better than everybody else receives in six loot containers. That's just the luck of the draw.

With this new update I've noticed the ship I'm on getting like 2-3 loot pouches and loot chests from sinking only one ship also whenever I get a loot skull chest I have a habit of porting right away but never actually get them, this sometimes happens if I wait until getting other loot before porting but not as much as porting right away

No, since the start of beta. This was possible before. Not sure why it's in the patch notes. Maybe it wasn't possible for a while.
At some point it was only possible to get ship materials from sloops, but I think they removed this for a while before adding warships and hunters.

Back