Discussion Beta FAQs

MMDR

Pirate Master
Ahoy mates,
As you may have heard, Beta is approaching! In order to prepare for this upcoming adventure, we composed this FAQs thread that addresses some of the most common questions about Beta. If you have a question that is not covered, please feel free to leave a comment!

Q: When will Alpha close?
A:
Alpha will close on September 19th, 2016. However, this does not mean that Beta will open on this day.

Q: When will Beta release?
A:
December 9th, 2016. Playtimes will be available at 12pm EST, the game will open at 3pm EST.

Q: Will Beta be closed, semi-open, or open?
A:
When Beta releases, it will be semi-open. Players can reserve PlayTime slots or get a Beta Key to access the game. However, after semi-open Beta ends, the game will enter open Beta, meaning Beta Keys and PlayTime slots will no longer be required to play.

Q: What will happen after Alpha closes?
A:
After Alpha closes, the TLOPO team will be working on preparing the game to transition into Beta. We promise you that the time between Alpha and Beta will be kept at a minimum. We will also make sure to keep you all posted with frequent updates.

Q: What will happen to my TLOPO account and my pirates?
A:
After Alpha closes, all pirates will be erased. When Beta is released, everyone will have to create new pirates. However, TLOPO accounts created in Alpha will be kept.

Q: Will my pirates be erased again at the end of Beta?
A:
No, pirates created during Beta will carry over to the full game release.

Q: I have an Alpha Key, will this Key not work for Beta when it is released?
A:
Alpha Keys will not lose their value. They will automatically become Beta Keys and you will be able to play the game for an unlimited amount of time, just like you did during Alpha.

Q: How can I play Beta when it releases?
A:
The PlayTime system will be in place when Beta is released. You will be able to reserve a slot and play like you were able to during Alpha. We will also be having contests that provide Beta Keys.

Q: What is going to be in Beta?
A:
Beta will start out with land and sea enemies, questing, and much more! Throughout Beta we will implement every feature that POTCO had.

Q: Will I still have Unlimited Access status during Beta?
A:
Yes, everyone will keep their Unlimited Access status. The game will also remain 100% free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahoy mates,
As you may have heard, Beta is approaching! In order to prepare for this upcoming adventure, we composed this FAQs thread that addresses some of the most common questions about Beta. If you have a question that is not covered, please feel free to leave a comment!

Q: When will Alpha close?
A:
Alpha will close on September 19th, 2016. However, this does not mean that Beta will open on this day.

Q: When will Beta release?
A:
There is no set date for the release of Beta yet. The release will be some time after September 19th, 2016 (the closing of Alpha).

Q: Will Beta be closed, semi-open, or open?
A:
When Beta releases, it will be semi-open. Players can reserve PlayTime slots or get a Beta Key to access the game. However, after semi-open Beta ends, the game will enter open Beta, meaning Beta keys and PlayTime slots will no longer be required to play.

Q: What will happen after Alpha closes?
A:
After Alpha closes, the TLOPO team will be working on preparing the game to transition into Beta. We promise you that the time between Alpha and Beta will be kept at a minimum. We will also make sure to keep you all posted with frequent updates.

Q: What will happen to my TLOPO account and my pirates?
A:
After Alpha closes, all pirates will be erased. When Beta is released, everyone will have to create new pirates. However, TLOPO accounts created in Alpha will be kept.

Q: Will my pirates be erased again at the end of Beta?
A:
No, pirates created during Beta will carry over to the full game release.

Q: I have an Alpha Key, will this key not work for Beta when it is released?
A:
Alpha Keys will not lose their value. They will automatically become Beta Keys and you will be able to play the game for an unlimited amount of time, just like you did during Alpha.

Q: How can I play Beta when it releases?
A:
The PlayTime system will be in place when Beta is released. You will be able to reserve a slot and play like you were able to during Alpha. We will also be having contests that provide Beta keys.

Q: What is going to be in Beta?
A:
Beta will start out with land and sea enemies, questing, and much more! Throughout Beta we will implement every feature that POTCO had.

Q: Will I still have Unlimited Access status during Beta?
A:
Yes, everyone will keep their Unlimited Access status. The game will also remain 100% free.

Thank you @Mike Wass! So looking forward to Beta. Jolly Roger and Co. here i come! :piratelove:

Think about it like this. They stated that both quests and enemies will be in beta. So would you rather start the first quest at level ??? (Depending on how much you played) or would you rather start playing it at level 1 like you should be.
I'm level 50 :p but, yeah, it would and will be much more enjoyable to start at 1 and work my way up (a reasonable way this time)

Back