Discussion Beta FAQs

I wouldnt know i never got any keys lol so yeah i cant help with bugs reporting and how much buga in the game i would love to help but yeah never got the chance to help
Everyone had the opportunity to help test Alpha by reserving PlayTimes. Sorry to hear that you didn't reserve any.

Once Beta opens, everyone will be able to resume reporting bugs. Still lots of testing to be done!

Everyone had the opportunity to help test Alpha by reserving PlayTimes. Sorry to hear that you didn't reserve any.

Once Beta opens, everyone will be able to resume reporting bugs. Still lots of testing to be done!
Well i do work im in the military so my hours are unpredictable so i couldnt reserved any time and when i did u work through it

The reason why it's taking so long is because we have a list of things that we set as requirements for us to deploy Beta. Only when we have each of these requirements met will you see the doors to Beta open.

When we closed down Alpha, it was because we had the todo list down to a reasonable amount. We knew that we can finish that up within a certain amount of time. The reason why Alpha closed "early" is because we had to devote more resources to monitoring the servers, etc, when they could be working on getting Beta ready to be released. In the outlook, it is making Beta release faster.

Another issue with Alpha is that we had to constantly be putting updates onto it, taking even more resources from the team. Don't get me wrong, adding features and such is nice on Alpha, but we had exhausted all of the features that we wanted to have in Alpha. This left us with little to nothing left to add to it. If we hadn't closed Alpha, we seriously would still be in v1.14.

We haven't been slacking during these two months. When Beta is released you're going to fall out of your chair when you see the release notes. There was A LOT of work done to the game. A LOT. Our list is getting smaller every day, and currently only has a few things left that need to be finished. Some community members have even accidentally spotted what one of the items is.

Hope this cleared up some confusion!
SPEECHLESS!!!
(Kudos to all)
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
:pirate ship:

When Beta is released you're going to fall out of your chair when you see the release notes. There was A LOT of work done to the game. A LOT.
Does that mean that @Bartholomew Bladespinner and I are gonna be very busy making new release note threads on the forums once beta opens up? :p

Also,
Our list is getting smaller every day, and currently only has a few things left that need to be finished.
That's great to hear!

How are you going to make money if the game isn't going to have unlimited access? I mean will you be adding updates to the game like new bosses and such? I would be willing to donate a few dollars.

How are you going to make money if the game isn't going to have unlimited access? I mean will you be adding updates to the game like new bosses and such? I would be willing to donate a few dollars.
We aren't recreating the game to make a profit - we're doing it because we miss POTCO.

New content will be added in the future, such as Isla Escondida.

Thank you for being willing to donate, but we do not accept donations. We have all of the costs covered :)

How difficult will it be to possibly dig up a beta key? Is it something that will take around 7-10 hours of trying or something where you did for a straight 30 minutes-1 Hour and we are set. Either way, I plan to spend the time to get it. Also, how can I know when events open up for beta key giveaways other than constantly checking the forum. Finals coming up soon and I am really busy. Any kind of alert system?

Thanks!

-Spider

How difficult will it be to possibly dig up a beta key? Is it something that will take around 7-10 hours of trying or something where you did for a straight 30 minutes-1 Hour and we are set. Either way, I plan to spend the time to get it. Also, how can I know when events open up for beta key giveaways other than constantly checking the forum. Finals coming up soon and I am really busy. Any kind of alert system?

Thanks!

-Spider
"You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life."
-Katsumoto

I have a question, this may not be the place to put it, but let's hope someone sees it. When it says that your pirate will carry over, does that mean the quests you have done will still be done in the released game? For instance, if I completed the black pearl, would i have to do it again in release?

yes jim
I have a question, this may not be the place to put it, but let's hope someone sees it. When it says that your pirate will carry over, does that mean the quests you have done will still be done in the released game? For instance, if I completed the black pearl, would i have to do it again in release?

Everything that I did in Beta from December-early March was saved over when I logged on yesterday :D

Back