Discussion Beta FAQs

There are so many threads out there I'm not sure this has been answered:

Will the release of Beta have looting and boarding flagships implemented at the start? Or will it be released later on in Beta?

Thanks!

Yes I know this, but will enemies drop loot at the start or will that be implemented later?

I know we will have sea enemies but will that include flagships that can be boarded or will that be implemented later?

I only ask cause those were personal favorites of mine from the game! #hype

Btw, "Q: What will happen to my TLOPO account and my pirates?
A:
After Alpha closes, all pirates will be erased. When Beta is released, everyone will have to create new pirates. However, TLOPO accounts created in Alpha will be kept."
^ I think you mean "accounts created in Beta will be kept."

A:
After Alpha closes, all pirates will be erased. When Beta is released, everyone will have to create new pirates. However, TLOPO accounts created in Alpha will be kept."

They mean that you won't have to register a new account on the main web page (tlopo.com) but you will have to make a new pirate.

A:
They mean that you won't have to register a new account on the main web page (tlopo.com) but you will have to make a new pirate.
Yup. It's just saying you'll have to make new pirates but not a new account. But thanks for making sure it was right :)

I just wish.. Alpha wouldn't have had to of closed so soon.. With Beta being so far still in the distance..
My assumption is.. hackers got into the game.. and ruined it for us all..
Their parents should be so proud..
NOT..

I just wish.. Alpha wouldn't have had to of closed so soon.. With Beta being so far still in the distance..
My assumption is.. hackers got into the game.. and ruined it for us all..
Their parents should be so proud..
NOT..
The reason why it's taking so long is because we have a list of things that we set as requirements for us to deploy Beta. Only when we have each of these requirements met will you see the doors to Beta open.

When we closed down Alpha, it was because we had the todo list down to a reasonable amount. We knew that we can finish that up within a certain amount of time. The reason why Alpha closed "early" is because we had to devote more resources to monitoring the servers, etc, when they could be working on getting Beta ready to be released. In the outlook, it is making Beta release faster.

Another issue with Alpha is that we had to constantly be putting updates onto it, taking even more resources from the team. Don't get me wrong, adding features and such is nice on Alpha, but we had exhausted all of the features that we wanted to have in Alpha. This left us with little to nothing left to add to it. If we hadn't closed Alpha, we seriously would still be in v1.14.

We haven't been slacking during these two months. When Beta is released you're going to fall out of your chair when you see the release notes. There was A LOT of work done to the game. A LOT. Our list is getting smaller every day, and currently only has a few things left that need to be finished. Some community members have even accidentally spotted what one of the items is.

Hope this cleared up some confusion!

(...) When Beta is released you're going to fall out of your chair when you see the release notes. There was A LOT of work done to the game. A LOT. (...)
Got your point @Mike Wass

Already bought a very low chair. Dont wanna get hurt when Beta is released.

low chair2.jpg

Thank you for all the wonderful work of TLOPO team.
Sleepy

The reason why it's taking so long is because we have a list of things that we set as requirements for us to deploy Beta. Only when we have each of these requirements met will you see the doors to Beta open.

When we closed down Alpha, it was because we had the todo list down to a reasonable amount. We knew that we can finish that up within a certain amount of time. The reason why Alpha closed "early" is because we had to devote more resources to monitoring the servers, etc, when they could be working on getting Beta ready to be released. In the outlook, it is making Beta release faster.

Another issue with Alpha is that we had to constantly be putting updates onto it, taking even more resources from the team. Don't get me wrong, adding features and such is nice on Alpha, but we had exhausted all of the features that we wanted to have in Alpha. This left us with little to nothing left to add to it. If we hadn't closed Alpha, we seriously would still be in v1.14.

We haven't been slacking during these two months. When Beta is released you're going to fall out of your chair when you see the release notes. There was A LOT of work done to the game. A LOT. Our list is getting smaller every day, and currently only has a few things left that need to be finished. Some community members have even accidentally spotted what one of the items is.

Hope this cleared up some confusion!
Amazing to hear, Mike. It makes me feel good knowing the wait for beta will be extremely worthwhile :)

Back