Question Beta Key Drop Rate

Does anyone know what a beta key actually looks like? I usually discard the loot (like, from ships), would be mortified if I found one and deleted it by accident!
I got one this morning!! I was beyond thrilled. I hope you can see the screenshot I took. Once you get it, you go into your account and there will be a spot there with your code that you then insert in the window where it shows if you have a key.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 148
I need a key, any good tips to find one?
Try going on the least populated server, and continuously farm guys at places like Fort Charles. When you find a key in a loot pouch/chest, it'll be a little key in blue text saying Beta Key. After taking it, you'll get a little ticket that congratulates you, and you'll find an Earned Keys tab on your account page. Just enter the key in after earning it, and you're good to go! Hope this helps!

Guys keep in mind, it was stated in the official thread under "news and updates" by a lead moderator that beta keys in fact cannot be obtained by plundering ships. You can only get one from digging and looting enemies on land.

Wow, I just got a beta key! I don't know what the drop rate is right now but I just got to level 4 and dug for treasure about 20 times when I found it, on Tortuga by the Gypsy.

Wow, I just got a beta key! I don't know what the drop rate is right now but I just got to level 4 and dug for treasure about 20 times when I found it, on Tortuga by the Gypsy.
Awwwwwwww, nice! I hope I get one! Enjoy your Beta Key!

No, you cannot get keys through sailing loot.
I can't even get loot from plundering! It crashes 75% of the time when I dock, I have lost so many Royal Chest etc. that I'm not too keen on filling my hold up at the moment... lol;)
(UPDATE : I think it's my lack of RAM tlopo exe stops working, I've only got 4 gb I've gone inot settings and manually increased the virtual memory... hopefully it will work: it didn't... keep on trying:) )
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
Back