Question Beta Key Drop Rate

What do people mean monsters are glitched? As of yesterday, I had no problems with them, loot related or otherwise.

What do people mean monsters are glitched? As of yesterday, I had no problems with them, loot related or otherwise.
We mean that they are unkillable, they attack you when you're just semi-close, multiple attack you at once, and attack without the player attacking first.

Everyone is eligible to find a Key. No one is exempt.
I did not say anyone was ineliglible.

I believe you misread what I was saying. To use a metaphor, its like having two dice, and both need to come up green to get a key. One is rolled upon digging. Another is rolled when you login/arrive at island/etc. Its probably setup like this to keep someone from digging in the same spot 800 times and getting loads o' keys.
Both people who have gotten keys have said that they got it after 1/2 digs at wherever they were, not on dig #60+. See the quotes below.

AS soon as my playtime started and I went to that location I got it! So.. I would say digging is the best, but I'm sure other people have gotten from different things too.

This exact same thing just happened to me too!

I gave up digging and went to grind weaponskills, but the monsters are borked. So I teleported to Port Royal, dug one time and got it first try.

I'm not sure I want to retract my last post, because I still believe most players are going to end up disappointed if they spend all their playtime digging and don't get a key. But definitely check the dig spots after you arrive somewhere, even if it's only one dig.

Last edited:
I did not say anyone was ineliglible.

I believe you misread what I was saying. To use a metaphor, its like having two dice, and both need to come up green to get a key. One is rolled upon digging. Another is rolled when you login/arrive at island/etc. Its probably setup like this to keep someone from digging in the same spot 800 times and getting loads o' keys.
Both people who have gotten keys have said that they got it after 1/2 digs at wherever they were, not on dig #60+

Where are the people who've gotten keys.

Honestly digging will likely lead to a better chance of getting a beta key than loot for these reasons:
1. Loot doesn't always drop -- Every dig spot is a chance of getting a key.
2. Loot is mixed with a bunch junk besides keys -- Dig spots are only beta keys.
3. Enemies are a bit broken right now -- Dig spots seem to work fine.

Unless they balanced the drop rates in such a way that loot actually has a much higher percentage chance than digging spots, I'd say digging spots are the way to go.

(Not official at all just my thoughts)

Honestly digging will likely lead to a better chance of getting a beta key than loot for these reasons:
1. Loot doesn't always drop -- Every dig spot is a chance of getting a key.
2. Loot is mixed with a bunch junk besides keys -- Dig spots are only beta keys.
3. Enemies are a bit broken right now -- Dig spots seem to work fine.

Unless they balanced the drop rates in such a way that loot actually has a much higher percentage chance than digging spots, I'd say digging spots are the way to go.
Thanks for the advice, I'll try that Saturday when my playtime hits.

Got one today on Valor at 9 AM digging in Padres del Fuego, thanks for all the tips guys!
screenshot_2016-12-16_09-00-59.jpg

Back