Cannot Recover 5 chickens from Crates on Port Royal

Hey! So I am currently stuck on the quest where you have to find 5 chickens on Port Royal in crates. I found 4 out of 5, but I have literally searched every crate on port royal and I cannot find the 5th. I literally spent over an hour searching. I am curious if this is a bug or if it is hidden somewhere really well.

Thanks!

Hey! So I am currently stuck on the quest where you have to find 5 chickens on Port Royal in crates. I found 4 out of 5, but I have literally searched every crate on port royal and I cannot find the 5th. I literally spent over an hour searching. I am curious if this is a bug or if it is hidden somewhere really well.

Thanks!
What OS are u using? Mac, Linux, or Windows? If windows, which one?

I finished this quest yesterday. I thought it was bugged too at first, but it turned out not all crates had the chickens. Eventually I was able to recover them all. If memory serves, this was actually the same in POTCO. The last post in this POF thread from 2007 seems to back this up as well: http://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1951

It's entirely possible that some people are experiencing a bug here though. Try searching around the entire town. If none of the crates give any chickens, then maybe something else is going on. Otherwise it's likely there's just a specific one being missed.

I can only find three of the five chickens. None of the crates in town work, and none of the crates in Fort Charles work (see link to thread above).

The only crates that worked for me were on the docks, where there are three crates, and curiously all three of them worked.

I took your guys' advice and searched all the crates I could find, and well, none of them have worked yet

I am missing the 5th crate, None seem to work. I did find one crate in Port Royal if you go up the stairs to the Jeweler but cannot locate the 5th anywhere.

I finished this quest yesterday. I thought it was bugged too at first, but it turned out not all crates had the chickens. Eventually I was able to recover them all. If memory serves, this was actually the same in POTCO. The last post in this POF thread from 2007 seems to back this up as well: http://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1951

It's entirely possible that some people are experiencing a bug here though. Try searching around the entire town. If none of the crates give any chickens, then maybe something else is going on. Otherwise it's likely there's just a specific one being missed.

Yea I do feel like I am possibly missing something, however I searched the entire island and none of them worked.

Any server I go into, it appears that every single crate will simply say "nothing interesting here." and that's that. I've attempted to get these crates for 2 days already, and it is proving to be nearly impossible and it is honestly really upsetting. I've also heard that a quest that requires you to search for barrels/crates for a grenade level has been a big issue also. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?

Yes I can confirm that people have those problems but you can't fix it. You need to wait for an update like everyone else :/

Been having the chicken "pox" for 2 days now, lol. Can only muster 4 out of 5. Spent a total of 2 hours over 2 reserve spots, going from the docks to the fort to the town to thieve's den and no chickens!
Cluck cluck!

Don't forget guys, it is Beta lol. I think anything that has to do with the "blue circle" that is searching barrels/crates, digging, steering ship, or cannons on ships, are all buggy right now, and we just got to wait for a fix.

Been having the chicken "pox" for 2 days now, lol. Can only muster 4 out of 5. Spent a total of 2 hours over 2 reserve spots, going from the docks to the fort to the town to thieve's den and no chickens!
Cluck cluck!
I only got one chicken so far. You got four. Do you recall if you got them in any particular spot or server, or situation, like you just logged back on?? Just looking for any possible pattern.

I only got one chicken so far. You got four. Do you recall if you got them in any particular spot or server, or situation, like you just logged back on?? Just looking for any possible pattern.
Toothless let me play his game for an hour last night (he's my dad), but all I was allowed to do was search ALL of Port Royal for chickens. I found 1.
I searched the fort, the town, the dock and the cave, 3 times over! I sorta did other things too, but the mission was chickens and there were mostly feathers.
Enjoy!

I have found 4/5 chickens. BTW.... there is one up the steps to the Jewelers. I feel like I am probably walking past the last one. I don't think it's bugged. I think it is just hiding. :)

Found the 5th chicken! Believe it or not, it's down on the wharf. Was going to give up and decided to go fishing for awhile and low and behold, there it was! Over by the guy you buy lures from :D

Back