Cannot Recover 5 chickens from Crates on Port Royal

I also have been stuck on 4 chicken crates for going on 5 days and have searched EVERY SINGLE CRATE on Tortuga. If anyone gets this figured out please let ,e know. I am missing out on progressing further and being left behind.

I need chickens!
I searched every crate on Port Royal over a dozen times these last 5, long, agonizing days (lol!).
I searched the dock (there are like 3 there), I searched both levels of the town itself, I searched the Fort (and I mean inside and out at the Fort), I searched Thieve's Den, I searched the gypsy encampment, I searched EVERYWHERE! I found 4. I actually glitched myself on purpose and searched under the town (yes, there's one down there too). But alas, I still need one chicken...
Good Luck Pirates!
Tanacious Toothless

I also have been stuck on 4 chicken crates for going on 5 days and have searched EVERY SINGLE CRATE on Tortuga. If anyone gets this figured out please let ,e know. I am missing out on progressing further and being left behind.
Patience mates! Many of us are also stuck on quests, but that's all just part of beta. Best thing you can do is be patient for a new update, and try again. It will be fully fixed eventually as beta progresses and more bugs are fixed :D.

I think you want to be on Port Royal for this quest.

The first time I tried the quest I found 3 chickens on the docks, none of the other crates worked.

I kept searching, hard...

Then several days later I found another chicken in a crate in town, a crate I'd probably searched over 20 times before!

Then, nothing. For days, just nothing...

I'd all but given up when I found the last chicken in a crate I must have searched over 200 times at that point.

So my advice is juest keep going and check the crates every now any then. At some point it'll work. Probably :p

But yeah. This was actually significantly harder than finding beta keys, lol.

Don't forget...to remember...Beta...we will look back then...or will...the struggle...the endurance...the patience...the cooperation...the hard work...the fun!...the crazy stories...the crazy glitch pics...the wild conversations...the solutions...the "good O'l days..of Beta"..luv every moment gentlemen, & ladies...live your pirate moment now...for soon...another update will come to pass...as will another weapon and level...

...it was not so very long ago...we had no "create a pirate"...nor rusty cutlass...no quest to complete...nor a vessel to sail on a vanished sea....

Ok I'm done...cept for this....enjoy it pirates...

..."By the sweat of our brow"..."And the streangth of our backs!"....."and the courrage of our hearts..." "HOIST THE COLOURS"

Calico, you rock!
Thanks!
I will be holding a cook-out on Tortuga soon. On the menu will be lots of fresh chicken!!!
Cluck Cluck!!!

OK, I was soo fixated on finding chickens that we've been eating chicken meals for the better part of a week, LOL!

Ok so tell your dad I'm an old salt too...married with a boy as well...and tell him I said Congrats!!! Any time you can get away from shopping, especially with the Mrs. ,is a good reason to celebrate!! ..oh cool ya got the chicken too lol. So where's this cold frosty beverage you speak of? Arrr!! Me pallet be parched!
Cal.
Fssshhhtooop! (That's the actual sound of a beer bottle opening). Calico, this one's for you!

I'm having CRATE problems with a quest that requires me to find a ships log in a crate. I've searched for three days straight with no success.

Where did you find the last one?
Calico posted a trick to get the crates to work. On the quest journal, highlight the quest and select to either "show crew" or not show crew, the opposite of whatever you already have set. Then go and get yer chickens.

I had no problem doing the chicken quest. You just have to search the crates. All searchable crates look the same so they're easy to point out. I found all of them just in the "main" area of Port Royal.

Calico posted a trick to get the crates to work. On the quest journal, highlight the quest and select to either "show crew" or not show crew, the opposite of whatever you already have set. Then go and get yer chickens.
What do you mean "show crew"? Like the thing where friends page is?

What do you mean "show crew"? Like the thing where friends page is?
OH, OK, you go to your quest journal and click on the Black Pearl quest, then click the sub-menu "Story Quest: The Black Pearl Crew" and their image appears at the top. Either hide the crew or show them, depending on what you currently see, by clicking box.
Good Luck!

screenshot_2017-01-03_17-14-03.jpg

2 Real close leaving Junes heading Left , 1 just B 4 crossing Bridge on opposite side , Can find 5 with In the concreted area close to June's , took me about 5 mins

I tried the hide/show crew but that didn't work for me. I was on andaba for an hour and had only found one by the jeweler, even though I searched every crate (town and Fort Charles) Then I decided to switch (went to Abassa) and found the rest right away no problem! Anyone who still has this problem, try switching to abassa! It was like magic!

I tried the hide/show crew but that didn't work for me. I was on andaba for an hour and had only found one by the jeweler, even though I searched every crate (town and Fort Charles) Then I decided to switch (went to Abassa) and found the rest right away no problem! Anyone who still has this problem, try switching to abassa! It was like magic!
Gonna try this

Back