Suggestion Captain's Cabin.

Should this feature be added?

• Total voters

Aetherion

Honorable Pirate
Picture this scenario. You are in Padres Del Fuego, you just killed Undead Timmy for the umpteenth time, and you just got yourself a shiny new Famed! But you open your inventory, and OH NO! It is entirely full! What ever do you do? You could delete an item, but that would mean deleting that Uncommon gun you had set your hopes on using, eventually, once you leveled high enough! You don't want to delete, or sell anything, and in your confusion, the chest despawned, and you are left wallowing in your misery.

In all ships, above the "Light" ranking, you can see a visible "Cabin" of sorts. A door exists, but is unusable, and leads to nowhere. If the devs would be so kind as to create a captains cabin, which would be a private player housing system, customizable down to the style of walls. Within could be a chest, with a 10 slot inventory for each type. (Face, Clothing, Weaponry.) and can be upgraded via quests or coin, to a 50 slot inventory per type.

What other things would you like to see inside of your ships cabin? Post below, then answer the poll :D

Picture this scenario. You are in Padres Del Fuego, you just killed Undead Timmy for the umpteenth time, and you just got yourself a shiny new Famed! But you open your inventory, and OH NO! It is entirely full! What ever do you do? You could delete an item, but that would mean deleting that Uncommon gun you had set your hopes on using, eventually, once you leveled high enough! You don't want to delete, or sell anything, and in your confusion, the chest despawned, and you are left wallowing in your misery.

In all ships, above the "Light" ranking, you can see a visible "Cabin" of sorts. A door exists, but is unusable, and leads to nowhere. If the devs would be so kind as to create a captains cabin, which would be a private player housing system, customizable down to the style of walls. Within could be a chest, with a 10 slot inventory for each type. (Face, Clothing, Weaponry.) and can be upgraded via quests or coin, to a 50 slot inventory per type.

What other things would you like to see inside of your ships cabin? Post below, then answer the poll :D
The thing about this is if it was on the boat and you went in it, new area, not on the boat and then people will steal your helm or if you sink there would need to be a way to sink the cabin also, which i imagine would be pretty hard from a dev standpoint.

But i like the idea of more inventory space or a storage chest that would help alot especially for clothes.

I've never had inventory issues, but I also don't hoard junk for no reason. I mean, what's the point in keeping a ton of clothing you're never going to wear? Or famed / legendary weapons that are lower quality than your best version of that weapon? I get some people think it gives them bragging rights, but eh, I would rather destroy items and remain clutter free.

I basically suggested this in my post about player housing :)

The concept of a captains quarters has been kicked around a while now. In me own head, i assume it comes down to a few options.
  • Houses / Boarding Rooms
In Toontown for instance, players had their own houses for toons to walk around in, decorate etc. Something of that level would be a major undertaking, though. Not only would each player's account have to maintain a large inventory but also details of multiple rooms of furniture, walls, decor etc. I think the idea of a house or a tavern boarding room might be too much.

• Captain's Quarters / Stateroom
The other format I could imagine would probably be easier to create. From aboard your ship, you move to a spot on the deck and press Shift. It takes you into the Captain's Quarters. They would look the same no matter which class of ship you had most likely.

16508182_1214792071969307_1280716762463206965_n.jpg

But unlike a whole house, the Captain's Quarters would appear as a zoomed-in single screen with clickable areas (Wardrobe, Inventory, Treasures, Merits, etc.)

It would not be a space for your pirate to walk around in but rather a detailed graphic menu screen. This example pic is from Assassin's Creed. But you get the idea.

Back