Caribbean Pirates Online

Hello.
Some of you know me.
I was first one who started with remaking POTCO.
On day of closing I had formed team and started to develop game.
Team felt apart and I continued developing alone.
In december I joined another remake, and stayed with them till march when I had personal
problems and was not able to come online. While I was offline they kicked me out of team.
Now I work alone again.
I will remake this game. It is true that will take a long time to happen, but I m not
giving up. So you may say, this is just another POTCO remake...
NO this is not just another potco remake. It is FIRST potco remake project and I hope it will
last after all other projects fell apart.

It is you choice to support me or not . :)

My idea and goal is to make game avaible to everyone.
I do not plan to give out alpha keys or any keys at all. Every one will be welcome to play.
Also I have in plan to release server so peoples can host their own games. Together we can
bring POTCO back. But it will take some time...

Feedback would be appreciated!

Last edited:
How are you planning on funding this?

Why do you plan to build a game completely alone rather than helping projects that have already started?

I hope community will found this, also I have game source and I only need to build up server.
Game remake from screen shot is just as side project and I don't spend much time on it, I am focused on emulating potco.
I was kicked out of another remake (why?!), and I don't have intention to join any other team.
another remake will never remake game them self if they don't buy source from disney or hire coders for money.
Not many people use Panda3D and are POTCO fans.

On top of that I just want to say I don't like another remake and other POTCO reamke projects because their concept is closed game for chosen people and they only want glory and to be famous. I don't care if someone know who I am or doesn't, my only intention is to get POTCO back to everyone :)

Looks very similar to another remake. Assuming both games got to 100% completion, what would be different about CPO compared to another remake?

CPO will be published for everyone, by that I don't mean on source, I will publish client and server.
When I stop upgrading game , source will be uploaded and open to public.
For security reasons I will not release it until then :) sorry

Also if source become avaible now , there will be hundreds of different POTCO project's which will spread community all over internet,. My goal is to make standard, e.g. MInecraft and it's servers.

Also if source become avaible now , there will be hundreds of different POTCO project's which will spread community all over internet,. My goal is to make standard, e.g. MInecraft and it's servers.
I had thought that the open source code for POTCO was already available for everyone to use. I figured this was the main reason why "Pirates Online Uprising" was begun...because they had obtained said open source code. :confused:

Do you mean, your version of the open source code?

@Shamus The Brute : Source wich was avaible online is not usable source, it is source from web game, you can't use it to make standalone game,
I got source from last client provided by disney.
@Tom O'fury I was developer on another remake (check my another remake wikia page, you will see I was very active). I don't know for what reason they baned me(why?!) while I was offline for 3 months
another remake developers don't know much about python and not saying about panda , it is true some of them know bit or two but not enough to make MMO, they should first learn python, basics of networking and panda3d, then they can start working on game. For funding read text further bellow.
@Captain Redhorn another remake is in closed stage, and will have closed alpha/beta, my plan is to be open for as much people as possible. Please read this post, it explains most of questions.
I want to warm that someone is pretending to be me in chats. I will tweet time and location of chat (e.g. freenode #channel sunday 14:00 ). ----

Here I will represent you two possibilities for hosting new POTCO
Please, for gods sake read it careful and decide wisley, this is very importatant and will have
permanent effect, once it is decided it wont be changed.

There are two options:

1. Host POTCO in form as it was when game closed.

Pros:

- Almost no work on game itself is needed

- No changes a.k.a there are famous pirates and isles from POTC movies

Cons:
- Server owners will be chased by Disney and hammer down

- We can not make profit on game that leads to many problems
1. Cummunity needs to buy hosting – this can lead to hacking end users
game crashes and eventualy to general colapse

2. Someone will get in fight with server owner and owner will decide to kick him out

3.People who buy servers will request to be admins – this will have negative effect on players for sure

2. Modify POTCO and remove copyrighted content

Pros:
- Disney can't do anything to us

- We can make profit that means stable servers, controled ownership, and higher security due control of people who have access to host, when host expires we ask community to add more money resources on our accounts this will allow to purchase server in size we need and don't pay for unused space

- Control ower hackers and easy hacking prevention

However there is always a catch:

Cons:

- A lot of work is needed on game

- All copyrighted content needs to be 30% different from original therefore Jack Sparrow will become Jack Narrow :p

I am extremely against using copyrighted content, I have bad feeling about messing with disney.
Also it can't end up good.

In case you select second option:

We all remember what happened with POTHS, everyone put all their hopes into them and they cheated you. I fully understand you. I will not try to convice you to buy hpsting, I wont try to make you give me even a dolar, nope. First month of server hosting will be paid by myself, I calculated and prepared money. When you see the game, progress I made and if you like it and if it is what you like then, and only then if it is your OWN WILL, you can donate for server. I don't plan to have membership. It is stupid thing, when you come to level 14 your basic account will be automaticly converted to former paid membership, now completly free.

Many of you will ask wth is with me, and will think this is just another beg for money. Nope, I don't want you money, nor I need it. I am good like this, it is on you if you want to play POTCO online or offline. I you decide to be online , then you will donate for servers. Simple as that. Money will be collected only when needed (on end of month or maybe three months period depending on amount of players)

Thats all mates, thaks for reading, now please select one option and respond.
( I will note down users which responded and if you are not on list , don't even try to negotiate about decision , what ever it be)
Thank you all,

Tomislav
---
Note to admins/moderators : it would be nice if someone fixed my horrible engish and grammar :p
and if it is not a problem I would realy apreciate if you could point forum users to this post. This is very importatant and will have permanent effect, once it is decided it wont be changed, so chose wisley!

Last edited:
2. Modify POTCO and remove copyrighted content

Pros:
- Disney can't do anything to us...

...However there is always a catch:

Cons:
- A lot of work is needed on game
- All copyrighted content needs to be 30% different from original therefore Jack Sparrow will become Jack Narrow :p

I am extremely against using copyrighted content, I have bad feeling about messing with disney.
I am in agreement with you on the copyright issue but in some of the reading that I have done, I am extremely concerned that not "everything" can be removed which will keep Disney's nose out of everyone's business. For further understanding, please review this 2010 online article:
Note to admins/moderators : it would be nice if someone fixed my horrible engish and grammar :pand if it is not a problem I would realy apreciate if you could point forum users to this post. This is very importatant and will have permanent effect, once it is decided it wont be changed, so chose wisley!
I appreciate your effort in writing to a language which is not your own but, if it helps I will pass this request along to:
@Davy Darkrage @Captain Star @John Foulroberts @Bad

Tried to fix your grammar a bit... hope this helps:
Source which was available online is not usable source, it is source from a web game and you can't use it to make a standalone game.
I got source from the last client provided by Disney.
I was a developer on another remake (check my another remake wiki page, you will see I was very active). I don't know why they banned me while I was offline for 3 months.
-another remake developers don't know much about python or about panda. It is true that some of them know a bit but not enough to make an MMO. They should first learn python, the basics of networking and panda3d, and then they can start working on the game. For funding read what I said further below.
-another remake is in closed stage, and will have closed alpha/beta, but my plan is to be open as much as possible. Please read this post, it explains most of the questions.
I want to warn you guys that someone is pretending to be me in chats. I will tweet time and location of chat (e.g. freenode #channel sunday 14:00 ).

Here I will represent you two possibilities for hosting new POTCO:
Please, for gods sake read it careful and decide wisley, this is very importatant and will have

There are two options:

Pros:

- Almost no work on game itself is needed.

- No changes (there are famous pirates and islands from POTC movies)

Cons:
- Server owners will be chased by Disney and shut down.

- We can not make profit on game which leads to many problems.
1. Community needs to buy hosting – this can lead to hacking end users
game crashes and eventualy to a general collapse.

2. Someone will get in fight with server owner and owner will decide to kick them out.

3.People who buy servers will request to be admins – this will have negative effect on players for sure.

2. Modify POTCO and remove copyrighted content.

Pros:
- Disney can't do anything to us.

- We can make profit that means stable servers, controled ownership, and higher security due control of people who have access to host, when host expires we will ask community to add more money resources on our accounts this will allow to purchase server in size we need and don't pay for unused space.

- Control over hackers and easy hacking prevention.

Cons:

- A lot of work is needed on game.

We all remember what happened with POTHS, everyone put all their hopes into them and they cheated you. I fully understand you. I will not try to convice you to buy hosting- I wont try to make you give me even a dollar, nope. First month of server hosting will be paid by myself, I calculated and prepared money. When you see the game, progress I made and if you like it and if it is what you like then, and only then if it is your OWN WILL, you can donate for server. I don't plan to have membership. It's a stupid thing, when you come to level 14 your basic account will be automaticly converted to former paid membership, now completly free.

Many of you will ask why I am doing this and will think this is just another beg for money. Nope, I don't want you money, nor I need it. I am good like this- it's on you whether you want to play POTCO online or offline. I you decide to be online, then you will donate for servers. Simple as that. Money will be collected only when needed (on end of month or maybe three months period depending on amount of players)

( I will note down users which responded and if you are not on list , don't even try to negotiate about decision, what ever it be)
Thank you all.

Tomislav

Last edited:
Thanks for article, it get's deep into problem, wich I am aware of.
I think it is best to make game wich looks and feels like POTCO as much as possible,
you get same experience while playing and over time will get used to it.
New game brings a lot of goodies and most inportant -we can do what ever we want.
To make it clear - I have job and it 's good one, so I don't need money from MMO game,
it will be community managed, and if you think server doesn't have enough place for everyone,
you will make donation and viola! :)

@Capitain Redhorn Thank you for edit
---
We have time till end of month to decide what option to take, your choice

Hey Tomislav, just wondering, will you have to recreate the AI and UberDog files? Or are you going to somehow retrieve them. Also, if there's any help you need with development, I'm up to help. I host my own TT server as well, so I understand how to setup and compile a server, etc.

Best regards,
McDuckie

EDIT: My vote goes towards taking out the copyrighted material. It'll make it alot safer for everyone. Also, isn't it illegal to release the source to the public?

Last edited:
Tried to fix your grammar a bit... hope this helps:
Source which was available online is not usable source, it is source from a web game and you can't use it to make a standalone game.
I got source from the last client provided by Disney.
I was a developer on another remake (check my another remake wiki page, you will see I was very active). I don't know why they banned me while I was offline for 3 months.
-another remake developers don't know much about python or about panda. It is true that some of them know a bit but not enough to make an MMO. They should first learn python, the basics of networking and panda3d, and then they can start working on the game. For funding read what I said further below.
-another remake is in closed stage, and will have closed alpha/beta, but my plan is to be open as much as possible. Please read this post, it explains most of the questions.
I want to warn you guys that someone is pretending to be me in chats. I will tweet time and location of chat (e.g. freenode #channel sunday 14:00 ).

Here I will represent you two possibilities for hosting new POTCO:

There are two options:

Pros:

- Almost no work on game itself is needed.

- No changes (there are famous pirates and islands from POTC movies)

Cons:
- Server owners will be chased by Disney and shut down.

- We can not make profit on game which leads to many problems.
game crashes and eventualy to a general collapse.

2. Someone will get in fight with server owner and owner will decide to kick them out.

3.People who buy servers will request to be admins – this will have negative effect on players for sure.

2. Modify POTCO and remove copyrighted content.

Pros:
- Disney can't do anything to us.

- We can make profit that means stable servers, controled ownership, and higher security due control of people who have access to host, when host expires we will ask community to add more money resources on our accounts this will allow to purchase server in size we need and don't pay for unused space.

- Control over hackers and easy hacking prevention.

Cons:

- A lot of work is needed on game.

We all remember what happened with POTHS, everyone put all their hopes into them and they cheated you. I fully understand you. I will not try to convice you to buy hosting- I wont try to make you give me even a dollar, nope. First month of server hosting will be paid by myself, I calculated and prepared money. When you see the game, progress I made and if you like it and if it is what you like then, and only then if it is your OWN WILL, you can donate for server. I don't plan to have membership. It's a stupid thing, when you come to level 14 your basic account will be automaticly converted to former paid membership, now completly free.

Many of you will ask why I am doing this and will think this is just another beg for money. Nope, I don't want you money, nor I need it. I am good like this- it's on you whether you want to play POTCO online or offline. I you decide to be online, then you will donate for servers. Simple as that. Money will be collected only when needed (on end of month or maybe three months period depending on amount of players)

( I will note down users which responded and if you are not on list , don't even try to negotiate about decision, what ever it be)
Thank you all.

Tomislav
Kind of surprised that you still left "cummunity" in

Last edited:
Doesn't look like I did *winkwink*

343gf3q.jpg

Sneaky... :rolleyes:

Notice to all community members:

When joining the forums we all agreed to the terms and rules of this site. One of them is flaming, the posting of hostile or insulting messages to an individual or group. You may not harass or demean anyone based on appearance, race, gender, age, etc.

Please keep this rule in mind as action will be taken against users doing this to other members of our community.

Thank you,

Forums Staff

So this will be most or exactly like POTCO right? And is another remake still going on or not? This is a little confusing lol.

@Shamus The Brute : Source wich was avaible online is not usable source, it is source from web game, you can't use it to make standalone game,
I got source from last client provided by disney.
@Tom O'fury I was developer on another remake (check my another remake wikia page, you will see I was very active). I don't know for what reason they baned me(why?!) while I was offline for 3 months
another remake developers don't know much about python and not saying about panda , it is true some of them know bit or two but not enough to make MMO, they should first learn python, basics of networking and panda3d, then they can start working on game. For funding read text further bellow.
@Captain Redhorn another remake is in closed stage, and will have closed alpha/beta, my plan is to be open for as much people as possible. Please read this post, it explains most of questions.
I want to warm that someone is pretending to be me in chats. I will tweet time and location of chat (e.g. freenode #channel sunday 14:00 ). @kucar_bs

Here I will represent you two possibilities for hosting new POTCO

There are two options:

Pros:

- Almost no work on game itself is needed

- No changes a.k.a there are famous pirates and isles from POTC movies

Cons:
- Server owners will be chased by Disney and hammer down

- We can not make profit on game that leads to many problems
game crashes and eventualy to general colapse

2. Someone will get in fight with server owner and owner will decide to kick him out

3.People who buy servers will request to be admins – this will have negative effect on players for sure

I really prefer this BTW, I want it to be as close to POTCO as you can get it, just no specific Copyright things so Disney doesn't complain and stuff. I don't even know why they care, not like POTC is coming real soon. And also the security needs to be good so people can still donate and stuff. I'm not sure letting people host their own servers would be a great idea though, might just make a big mess. And if we can get an offline mode that would be nice. Membership free please lol, I couldn't keep paying for it like I wanted to back then, that's why I have a Wii U, free online lol, no Xbox Live for me.

Last edited:
Back