Chat Filter Tolerance Increase

I think TLOPO is currently in the same boat as TTR on this matter. For some reason, both servers seem to enforce an even stricter rule in terms of communication-wise compared to Disney. Heck, neither of them want to implement open chat for whatever reason. But what Disney didn't do is add onto the whitelist with words requested by players, so that's a plus one for the servers.

I've heard of unfair bans from players on TTR based on chat logs that do not even contain extreme and harmful explicit content. Has the same thing happened on TLOPO though? I don't know.
Possible reason as to the difference; TTO and POTCO ex-players are more familiar with the various methods as to how to chat a word "work-a-around" which provides the same meaning for words not allowed back-in-the day, by Disney. Also, many years have gone by to where some lingo/innuendos have changed with possible new ones to have replaced the old (again, with the same 'meaning').

Yes, add them to the whitelist thread so that the TLOPO staff in charge of the whitelist will see it faster. Hard for them to weed through posts on threads like this.

Here is the whitelist thread: https://piratesforums.co/threads/the-official-whitelist-suggestion-thread.12084/

Ah, no. I meant, shouldn't there be a system to automatically add approved player names to the whitelist? It seems like a lot of extra work for mods to be reading through the whitelist suggestions for this and re-approving words that they've already checked and approved as names.

Back