DISCUSSION: The potential for a real-life event.

If there was a convention, would you attend?

• Yes.

• I would like to, but I cannot.

• No.

• I would like to, but I am not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Toontown Rewritten has OMGcon, and that seems to be pretty successful. To be honest though, the potco community isn't as big and well known, so for a remake of an old mmorpg that's still in closed alpha, I doubt people would be nearly as interested. Still a good idea, but perhaps a little too early. Not enough awareness.

* I also live in Canada, so if this occured at multiple locations, perhaps one could be up here?
The POTCO community is around 5k iirc.

I would totally attend that, that would be so much fun. If it takes place in the east coast I think it should take place in New York, and if it takes place in the west coast then probably California would be best. That's just my opinion though, good luck on setting it up!

A real life event would be quite amazing.

For some activities we could do something like real life potion creating. Ha like mixing chemicals and creates stuff that does make you "belch" or other things. Quite the science class you have to take though.
Fishing might be hard to incorporate...

Now this is not quite as an activity but as a showcase. We could do this presentation of up-and-coming events, updates, or other things that aren't posted at the website. Almost like classified stuff that you guys might incorporate in the future.

~Davy SS

Morgantown, west virginia would be a good location for lower Pennsylvania eastern Maryland, north, east and western parts of West virginia, may also work for some people in ohio.

I would for sure attend if there was an event!

Something East coast would work great for me we could meet in like North Carolina or if you guys wanted directly on the coast we could go to Myrtle Beach for nice beach and good times!

If it was somewhere local I would attend. This relaunch is barely off the ground so I don't see much potential for this just yet.

Conventions are great but sometimes it's hard to for people to travel with work and school and solely for TLOPO. If such an event was held, perhaps it should be located in an area with more things to do so to make it a trip as well which could probably help people with attendance. I do think the live-streams work well as well as the IRC. Maybe we could establish a date either on livestram where devs take questions and such or have a time and date on irc to discuss, although it may become quite crowded. If a convention would be the reality, I think most pirates would want to see/play demonstrations of the latest development and maybe some pirate themed games, I personally enjoy more along the lines of getting to know the staff and the community (which btw any devs or even forum staff id love to chat via forum conversation or IRC as i plan on a long stay with the forums and eventually TLOPO) and would prefer 1-on-1 or group conversation/meet and greet. I think its a good idea and sparks room for more brainstorming.

Back