DISCUSSION: The potential for a real-life event.

If there was a convention, would you attend?

• Yes.

• I would like to, but I cannot.

• No.

• I would like to, but I am not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I dig the idea but my travel is a bit limited. I'm in the NKY / Cincinnati area and could travel to like Chicago, Nashville or Louisville for such a thing.

I'm central but as I've already said, I prefer to keep my gaming identity and my actual identity separate ;) and because of that I don't have intentions of going. I would watch it on an internet stream, tho.

I'm central but as I've already said, I prefer to keep my gaming identity and my actual identity separate ;) and because of that I don't have intentions of going. I would watch it on an internet stream, tho.
we could petition still for a virtual con. Either through hangouts, Skype, or rabbit. Rabbit actually allows you to stream videos via the interwebs, alongside optional vid and text chatting. I,ve always pushed for movie nite while in another remake. We could still do an unofficial virtual meet up and maybe invite some devs and pf.co staff members to join. I seriously wouldn't mind creating a thread to toss that idea around.

we could petition still for a virtual con. Either through hangouts, Skype, or rabbit. Rabbit actually allows you to stream videos via the interwebs, alongside optional vid and text chatting. I,ve always pushed for movie nite while in another remake. We could still do an unofficial virtual meet up and maybe invite some devs and pf.co staff members to join. I seriously wouldn't mind creating a thread to toss that idea around.
I honestly don't see the point in that. They already do live streams on twitch and allow you to chat about it. There wouldn't be much of a difference if we just create a giant group where everyone talks at the same time and nothing comes of it. A real-life event is a whole different story then setting up a meeting online.

I honestly don't see the point in that. They already do live streams on twitch and allow you to chat about it. There wouldn't be much of a difference if we just create a giant group where everyone talks at the same time and nothing comes of it. A real-life event is a whole different story then setting up a meeting online.

which i had brought up earlier in the thread, but i still think there should be something done as an alternative to those who can't go or feel uncomfortable of attending a face to face.

the movie night would be the added feature.. making it more than "just" a skype q&a.

The streams are usually only one dev. If there are more, they're usually in the game or in the chat. This could be an event where all the devs are present in some form beyond just chat.

What a fun idea. Going, of course, would entirely depend on location, distance to location, time of year and other things going on in life.
For anyone in the region of the Florida Panhandle, there's an annual Pirates of the Sea Festival every held every Columbus Day weekend in October at Panama City Beach, Florida at a large shopping area called Pier Park, where you can dress up like a pirate & enjoy costume contests, bands, food, parades & fireworks at night. We dress up & go every year. Fun.

What a fun idea. Going, of course, would entirely depend on location, distance to location, time of year and other things going on in life.
For anyone in the region of the Florida Panhandle, there's an annual Pirates of the Sea Festival every held every Columbus Day weekend in October at Panama City Beach, Florida at a large shopping area called Pier Park, where you can dress up like a pirate & enjoy costume contests, bands, food, parades & fireworks at night. We dress up & go every year. Fun.
I've been there a few times. It's pretty cool actually!! I'm from that area originally but I live in Texas now.

I live in The Bahamas so odds are I wouldn't be able to make it even if there was one, but I do love and support the idea. Maybe it would be wise if it was held when Beta comes around when the majority of the features are added. It would be great to hear everybody opinions and see the devs and community irl :D

the renaissance fair something of austin has a pirate weekend. let me double check.
I know my town has the biggest Ren Fest in Texas every Fall, for like 6 weeks straight. I've gone a few times, but I haven't gone to the pirate weekend that they have, it's more of a "dress up as a pirate" thing, nothing really Pirate-y.

I know my town has the biggest Ren Fest in Texas every Fall, for like 6 weeks straight. I've gone a few times, but I haven't gone to the pirate weekend that they have, it's more of a "dress up as a pirate" thing, nothing really Pirate-y.

the Pirate Adventure weekend?
https://www.facebook.com/events/163635733977610/

Todd Mission?

.. i also think of Galveston, but that's based on it's history

some of these events may also still exist

Buc Days - Corpus Christi, TX (April)
Long John silver's Pirate Invasion Weekend at Scarborough Faire - Waxahachie, TX (April-May)
Granbury Pirate Invasion - Granbury, TX (August)
Surfside Beach Pirate Fest - Surfside Beach, TX (September)
Pirate Days of Texas - The Colony/Lake Lewisville, TX (October)

^^^^^^^
double check them through google

Last edited:
the Pirate Adventure weekend?
https://www.facebook.com/events/163635733977610/

Todd Mission?

.. i also think of Galveston, but that's based on it's history

some of these events may also still exist

Buc Days - Corpus Christi, TX (April)
Long John silver's Pirate Invasion Weekend at Scarborough Faire - Waxahachie, TX (April-May)
Texas Pirate Festival - Hillsboro, TX (June)
Granbury Pirate Invasion - Granbury, TX (August)
Surfside Beach Pirate Fest - Surfside Beach, TX (September)
Pirate Days of Texas - The Colony/Lake Lewisville, TX (October)
Oh, apparently it is actually an event. I'll have to go this year.

Back