Elder Scrolls Online

Would you recommend Elder Scrolls Online to Ex-POTCO Players?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
Elder Scroll Online Discussion
I been hearing a lot of good comments and reviews about this game, and from what I've seen it has loot, weapons, clothing, classes and crafting. If you are going to play or (Are already playing) please post how you think this game compares to POTCO and if you would recommend it to ex-POTCO players.

What I know and cost: Game is online which you can play on PC, Mac, PlayStation and X-box one. The game cost from what I see 59.99 for basic start up to 79.99 for premium which both comes with 30 days of membership. There is a monthly cost after which is 14.99 per month. This game is MUCH more expensive then POTCO however has a much wider range of gameplay and graphics.

My viewpoint: The big problem I see for most of our POTCO community moving to this game is that it is rated M for Mature. (17+) As most of you know, POTCO was rated E for ages. (10+) The gaming can be changed from first person to 3rd person shooter. Also, I personally would love to try the game however seems out of my price range atm :/

Comment what you think about this new game. If you have paid for it already and are going to be playing Friday (Like John Foulroberts) Please post some videos/screenshots of the gameplay here and tell us your point of view and is the game worth the cost? Any games you would recommend? Cast your vote!

Link to Elder Scrolls Online: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/

Moved this to other games.

I know I will enjoy playing over the weekend. I've already preordered the Imperial edition and am eager to play it with the lady. She's been more fortunate than me with the keys, so she'll be able to show me around. I do know that I am already obsessed with the soundtrack - I log in and just let the title screen music play over and over.

Will see if I can post some screens of our adventures over the weekend.

I love the game, but it isn't like Potco at all. It is much better. I would say that should be an option. I am a beta player, and i haven't noticed much in the way of suggestive themes or very strong language. I am guessing that the rating really comes from Violence. I would say that it is a fairly safe game. If you can play Skyrim or Halo, this is fine. Plus, it is a ton of fun.

ESO looks like an amazing game! I wouldn't compare it to pirates online though due to the fact that Pirates online has been close to my heart ever since I was a kid. I was going to play ESO when it opens up to everyone but when I saw the price I was like ' No way am I going to pay that much to play'. So looks like this game is out of my reach. :facepalm:

Just wondering i created this thread curious to see if any of you have played TESO yet i personally have through the beta program and its been Great. Please post Your opinion on this game compared to POTCO.:fight1:

Have played off and on this weekend with Kat. I haven't taken many screenshots as they'd look horrible with my low settings. I might be more enthused for screenshots if my system could handle something above low quality...

Some of the lore sounds familiar as well, so if you've played any previous Elder Scrolls games, you'll get the hang of things pretty easily. I played Skyrim for a total of two hours (again, my system sucks).

The game does have its bugs and broken features - but that's the purpose of beta. I for one like the quest lines - lots of betrayal and a "choose your own adventure" theme. Definitely more dynamic than any Disney game... it's not so repetitive.

Here are a few shots I've taken - they aren't that impressive, and the last one was just because. :p
Kat Five Knives

ESO 1.png
ESO 2.png
ESO kat and eff.png

Duel axe welding and a romantic screen with Kat of course. :) So that is the setting on "Low" o.o Game must be very high end up there in graphics if your computer can't handle it John Foulroberts

Also, how was the short amount of questing that you did? Also, character creation. I been hearing a lot of good comments about how detailed it is :p

Duel axe welding and a romantic screen with Kat of course. :) So that is the setting on "Low" o.o Game must be very high end up there in graphics if your computer can't handle it John Foulroberts

Also, how was the short amount of questing that you did? Also, character creation. I been hearing a lot of good comments about how detailed it is :p
The quests (those that are NOT bugged) are very appealing and hold your attention, while giving decent rewards. Kat and I were betrayed by some girl - she sent us on a few "errands" but then double crossed us and threw us in jail. Both of us were yelling over our headsets...

Character creation is awesome. EVERY part of your character (yes, even your posterior) is customizable and extremely dynamic. Some races/factions have exclusive features, so there is a lot of diversity. It isn't so cookie-cutter like Pirates was. I was very impressed with it.

My observations are this:
1. It's not really like POTCO, but the main part that I love about POTCO is yet to be seen - can a game bring a group of people together so that they feel like family? I've not been able to experience that on even the smallest level on any other game like I did on POTCO. JFR and I will have to wait and see if the guild we choose becomes like a family or is it just a group of people who occasionally talk to each other and do things together Only time will tell.
2. I love love LOVE the quest lines. Betrayal, bribery, drama, it's all there.. and you're an integral part of the story.. so much so that the choices you make permanently change the way the game plays for you. In other games like Rift, LOTRO, and POTCO, I just clicked through (yeah yeah yeah, ok what is it that I have to do???: click click click...) but not here. Since the choices you make MATTER, you have to read it and choose wisely.
3. The quests are NOT like most "Go kill 20 of these and report back" You have tasks you must do and sometimes they involve solving riddles or figuring out how to get the job done..
4. The graphics are awesome.

Here are a few more pics from my time in Tamriel.

sunsetoverTamriel_zpsb05ee427.png

esoshrooms_zpsf9006702.png

This one's for you, dear /snicker

forjfr_zps4fffcf00.png

TESO has potential. I'd get it, if I can convince the Parents to cough up the cash. Though, TESO doesn't know what it wants to be. Seems, from the gameplay and setup, it wants to be an MMORPG, but at the same time it also wants to be single-player.
Graphics look pretty good, tbh, and the gameplay did seem refreshing compared to WoW's "MASH THE BUTTONS IN A CERTAIN ORDER OR BE VOTE-TO-KICKED!" The CC also does look pretty awesome from what I saw on vids, heck of a lot more detailed than POTCO. Or even GW2.

Waiting to see how much of the lore of Elder Scrolls they mess up, though. :mad:

More pics from beta ( POST NDA lifting so all legal :) )

While we do not get to sail on the ships, many quests involve searching ships for people or goods. Hopefully at some points the Dev's will add ship combat - that would be SWEET.

shipdetail_zpsaa7ea08a.png

A screen shot does not do this justice... the graphics are amazing and the scenery just breathtaking

screenshotsdonotdothisjustice_zps58747ea1.png

Molag bal invades Tamriel through these Dark Anchor Rifts ( two views)

darkanchorwithKat_zps361fd8c8.png

darkanchoranotherview_zps62809287.png

JFR Dragon-knight with his fire-bearing weapons - we had fun with combat.

jfrdragonknightwithenemy_zps41ec889e.png

jfrdragonknightwithchain_zps59ecc82b.png

Back