Elder Scrolls Online

Would you recommend Elder Scrolls Online to Ex-POTCO Players?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
John Foulroberts - Oh, so it's not like POTCO voodoo doll chains, but rather an attack using magic to pull your enemy close to you?

Btw 82% to go before I am done downloading the beta <3 See you on there soon John? @Kat Five KnifesAlso, JFR only weakness is Centipede? XD - What's the story behind that?

Last edited by a moderator:
John Foulroberts - Oh, so it's not like POTCO voodoo doll chains, but rather an attack using magic to pull your enemy close to you?

Btw 82% to go before I am done downloading the beta <3 See you on there soon John? @Kat Five KnifesAlso, JFR only weakness is Centipede? XD - What's the story behind that?
Correct.

I just hate centipedes. They are hideous miscreants that I would be glad to see go extinct... Every time I see one I am frightened beyond measure.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a great game, and the chains just pull the enemy close to you. It's not like PotCO, it's more like the Elder Scrolls (of course) and Fallout games. Since I am a closed beta-tester you can ask me any questions about it.

Those screenshots look amazing! Skyrim + mmo sounds like a lot of fun. I'm already paying a membership for another game though, will there be a free to play option??

Those screenshots look amazing! Skyrim + mmo sounds like a lot of fun. I'm already paying a membership for another game though, will there be a free to play option??

At this time, no. The cost of purchasing the game (60 bucks) gives you one month of access. After that it's a whopping $15.00 per month. This is expensive but those of us willing to pay such a hefty price are hoping it will keep out some of those FTP trolls.

My guess is that it may follow the path of SWTOR, have a massive following in the beginning and then drop off significantly and be forced to go FTP. Rift did as well and at first it was covered in trolls and bots but I think they have a handle on that now, with player-based chat squelch ( if enough people report a troll, he is silenced for a time) and I have not seen a bot in a while - finally - so idk. We will have to wait and see. FTP has kept Rift alive and it's still a great game to play.

It is not a Skyrim mmo! Skyrim is a single province in the continent of Tamriel. There are 10 provinces in Tamriel, each as big or bigger then Skyrim.
Sadly, there is no free play option. It would actually suck if there was a restricted game mode. People who have the full game will crush restricted players.

It is not a Skyrim mmo! Skyrim is a single province in the continent of Tamriel. There are 10 provinces in Tamriel, each as big or bigger then Skyrim.
Sadly, there is no free play option. It would actually suck if there was a restricted game mode. People who have the full game will crush restricted players.
elder scrolls mmo **

I haven't even looked at playing another game/MMO since Sept. 19th but if I knew that I could afford ESO (long-term), I would be willing to do so dependent upon those screenshots shared already upon this thread.

What is important to me is a game which captures an overwhelming sense of "adventure" and a game which has the capability to where I am totally immersed within that game's world. Important to me also is a sense of community amongst the game's players and if you do find this out for yourself Kat Five Knives, please keep us updated and inform here for those of us considering a game such as ESO.

Is there going to be an annual subscription for the unlimited access?. Looked at the site and didn't see anything about it, was just wondering.

JFR with all 10 legendary... would trade it all for a can of Centipede repellent ;)

I always wanted blue dot repellent. Like when I would be looting and I look at the map to see a little blue dot approaching, I always wanted to spray repellent so they go away and don't steal loot. :p

I always welcomed blue dots. - However, when you have Emerald Curse and Abyss stolen from you 4 hours apart from one another and both in the same spot.... Tortos South Idol.... and they where the only legendary you wanted in the game... I cried that day.

It's ok, I cried many times when people got Thunderspine, especially in that 2 week period where like 10 people got it. And I liked blue dots, but only if they were respectful blue dots. :p

lol It's fine Captain Rai :) If ANYONE where to take my Emerald I was VERY happy it was you <3

However, the level 30 and I quote 30! Who I JUST help do Raven's cove quest all day got it...... I cried. Then 2 weeks later heard he got hacked... >.< - Btw guys we should stop going off topic :p Sadly there is a rule about that :p

Back