Extended Double XP time - plea on behalf of community

Punkin Pie

Pirate Lord
Hello Mike and the amazing Tlopo crew! @Mike Wass

On behalf of the community, we thank you for all the hard work you're doing on the game.
It's so fun to be back in the Caribbean again!

Without sounding greedy - as Pirates are deemed to be - considering all the DC's and resets and down time we've been experiencing currently and throughout the holiday, would there be any way possible to extend the Double XP event for a mere day or 2 or however long you may feel generous enough to allow?

Everyone would greatly appreciate it!

Sincerely,

signed Punkin on behalf of the Community

Even tho double XP is great, I find myself leveling at a rate which is beyond fun at some point, it literally takes little to no effort to max your weapons at this point, I even avoided playing because of this, if I level too fast it will take out the fun for me too soon. Of course this is me speaking for myself, I'm not sure how other people experience this.

I personally enjoy the struggle, the challenge and the tough, hard fought and won battles! While double xp is fine, I'd rather play slow and level even slower, because every time I hit 50, I get bored.
I like the whole journey more than I do getting to the top.
While I'm all for double xp, it isn't my best friend.
Enjoy the ride folks!
Good Luck!

Nothing to read here folks...

Last edited:
This isn't an open debate if we need or want the double xp.

I asked for it on behalf of all the good folks who really havent gotten to use it.
As great it is that you feel you don't need it, there are many many that do.
Therefore, please don't post why you don't need it. Thanks. :)
Sorry, LOL!

If you're making a request on "behalf of the community" I think people are allowed to state their opinion that not everyone agrees on double XP, if the devs are considering this request they should have more people's opinion than just one.
I completely agree, making outright statements on "behalf of the community" should be allowed to be discussed, as there isn't only one side to the story.

I felt a bit bad to ask for a time extension on the event, because Mike and the Tlopo Crew don't owe us anything. They're working hard on their own time for us. I've just heard so many sad stories this week, of how many folks weren't able to use the event because of all the interruptions, so I thought we give it a try and ask.
Thank you for your kind consideration :)

(best to shake off the negative responses)

I felt a bit bad to ask for a time extension on the event, because Mike and the Tlopo Crew don't owe us anything. They're working hard on their own time for us. I've just heard so many sad stories this week, of how many folks weren't able to use the event because of all the interruptions, so I thought we give it a try and ask.

we're not saying that it's a bad request, it's actually good that you care about the players it really is, shame to see you thinking that we're trying to bring negativity. Which is, to my meaning not the goal here. we're just stating our opinions that some of us think otherwise, so that the devs have an idea wether to grant your wish or not. + it's beta, everyone knows this and has to accept that whilst playing TLOPO.

Even tho double XP is great, I find myself leveling at a rate which is beyond fun at some point, it literally takes little to no effort to max your weapons at this point, I even avoided playing because of this, if I level too fast it will take out the fun for me too soon. Of course this is me speaking for myself, I'm not sure how other people experience this.

I second this. I like taking my time to level up and enjoying the experience slowly. I've also been avoiding playing so I don't master things too quickly!!!

Negative responses? We are posting our opinions as a part of the community
Alright, first off, two weeks is a giant time period to play and take advantage of the event. If you could not play at any point during those two weeks, a small time extension will be of very little use, if people couldn't take advantage of the event in the holidays, they likely cant make the most of a few days either.
I do agree, the TLOPO crew do not owe us anything, and it is amazing the effort, time and money they put in just to allow us fans to play this fantastic game, but double exp is not actually experiencing the game how it was meant to be played, the event putting it at a much easier level. Some of us want to play the original experience, we should have the right to voice our opinions when you claim to speak "on the behalf of the community".
Not at all blaming you or trying to be negative on those who do want double exp event to continue, but a little annoyed at how you want to make those with a different opinion not have them voiced, and then have the audacity to label us as the bad guys. We are a part of the community, and if you want to make posts on behalf of the community, maybe create something like a poll, but do not try to quiet those with different opinions than you.

Arrrr!! am I not a bloody pirate? I'm asking for the world!!! Avast ye Bilge rats and give us these extra days...pleeeeeease! hehehehe!!!
then I will ask for the entire universe!

I honestly dont see the problem with the 2x xp boost, I enjoy leveling faster, and its nice that Punkin even went out of her way to ask for an extension. Instead of arguing over why or why not we should or should not have an extension of the XP Booster, we should be thankful there is even a remake of POTCO that is playable- and free! So stop with the "It's not fun to level with increased xp" stuff, and be thankful for the people who want to keep this game alive and fun! Have I said "Be thankful" Enough? I'm seriously about to lose my mind at all the complaining on a game that is technically still in testing, with devs who practically bend-over backwards for the community. and if anyone wants to argue with me, send it in PMs, I dont want to flood this chat with unneeded comments.

If you actually read our posts you clearly see us saying that we appreciate punkin pie request we only state our opinion and if you butcher that off as attacking her than youre better off saying nothing.

Back