Extended Double XP time - plea on behalf of community

I wouldn't mind seeing an extra day or two. I've had plenty of rough nights with crashing and patching, so even one more day would be great to have, be it leveling an alt or mastering some more weapons on my main.

Having gone to Padres and gotten myself stuck on loading screen bug......I haven't been able to play POTCO since 30th Dec...I could use a few days too ...once I am able to play :( :)

You seem to be missing the point, some people seem to be crashing to desktop more then others.
-
Why should some of us suffer for others good fortune of not crashing as much?

I am aware of that, considering I am one of those people affected by incessant crashes. For what it's worth, I actually have it much worse than you, but that's besides the point.

There is a trade off you accept by using beta software, and that is you will have to deal with an early, buggy, and incomplete game. Sometimes you will be unable to do certain things, sometimes/frequently you will be interrupted by crashes, and sometimes you will be downright unable to play at all. That's just the reality of playing a game that's under development.

If TLOPO was out of beta, I would totally agree with you, since that would be considered a full release.

One of these days they'll fix the memory issues and most of the crashes should go away :)

Yes but they did the Double XP Event for the New Year/Holidays and not as compensation for crashes. Most of us weren't able to use most of its duration, so extending the duration makes logical sense.

If anything extending duration will keep peoples morale up.

I also cant understand how you can assume you have worse crashes then me. lol.

Most of us weren't able to use most of its duration

Let me just ask this: what exactly prevented you from playing that wasn't already an issue beforehand?

I also cant understand how you can assume you have worse crashes then me. lol.

I read your earlier post, and you're able to go to places and do things that cause crashes for me. The game used to load most places, but the memory issues seem to be getting worse and now I'm lucky if it even loads my home port, much less go anywhere or do anything.

Let me just ask this: what exactly prevented you from playing that wasn't already an issue beforehand?

Nothings changed, I crashed before the double XP and I crash now, I know they're working on it but that doesn't change anything. We're simply asking to see if they're willing to slightly extend it. Thats kinda irrelevant. p;
I read your earlier post, and you're able to go to places and do things that cause crashes for me. The game used to load most places, but the memory issues seem to be getting worse and now I'm lucky if it even loads my home port, much less go anywhere or do anything.

And I'm positive there are some things you can do that I can't. And if you do have it worse then me then that only further strengthens our reasoning for wanting a extended double XP.

The point was that I know what it's like to crash frequently- I feel your pain. Given that it's beta, and that people should have expected to lose time from issues, I just don't agree that whatever extra XP we missed is owed back to us via an extension. But, opinions differ and I'll certainly respect that.

After the latest few updates the most I've been able to do without crashing is run laps around my home port. I can't even view my friends list. So, I suppose I'm unaffected whether they extend it or not. If they do, enjoy it by all means :)

I would be in agreement to the double xp being extended. if not for everyone at least for people without keys if thats possible. The whole week and a half double Xp was out the servers were going crazy and there was even a roll back that set some players play sessions completely back

If you didn't get to play as much as you wanted, I'm sorry, but that's how things go sometimes. Every once in a while, some games will have a double XP weekend, so I thought the length of this particular event was extremely generous. Given how ridiculously long it lasted, and how easy it is to get playtimes that work with your schedule, I just can't see why an extension is necessary. If the game was out of beta, I would agree regarding server downtime... but it's not, and interruptions should be expected. I even got hit with server downtime myself and it wasn't as bad as some here are making it out to be.
You have to consider the fact that nor all players have beta keys. the play slot system is abowomanely jammed full of players there are cases where you have to wait a whole day before you can play a gain. a standard 3 day model for double XP wouldnt work in the game the way it is at all. The game is in beta so certain things must be done differently and this was one of them. If the servers were mostly stable for the whole time then i could see that being plenty long enough for everyone but there was a large rollback and several incidents where districts were resetting madly and the game had large downtimes to fix this

Aaaaaar-guing aside, I think it would be nice for those who haven't gotten much of a chance to level up their pirates to be given a day or so more to be able to come in and (ab)use it for what it's worth. Those playtime slots are awfully hard to get a hold of, terribly unforgiving I might add!
there was a 3 or 4 hour rollback that had to be preformed due to a bug that was allowing players to cap their pirates at 50 instantly and this was the only way to fix it

You have to consider the fact that nor all players have beta keys. the play slot system is abo****ely jammed full of players there are cases where you have to wait a whole day before you can play a gain

As one of those players without a beta key, I know what it's like. Believe me, if the event wasn't as long as it was, I'd certainly be asking for an extension too!

a standard 3 day model for double XP wouldnt work in the game the way it is at all. The game is in beta so certain things must be done differently and this was one of them.

I think there might be misunderstanding, I wasn't trying to suggest that a 3 day event would have been enough. We are on the same page regarding the event's length.

If the servers were mostly stable for the whole time then i could see that being plenty long enough for everyone but there was a large rollback and several incidents where districts were resetting madly and the game had large downtimes to fix this

While there were undoubtedly issues- I know, I lost two full play slots to both of those particular problems myself- the servers were indeed stable for most of the event. The developers have been great at jumping right on these server bugs.

Back