Workaround [FIX] Game crashing / d3dx9_4x.dll is missing when clicking play

I crashed on OpenGL when I go to create my player, it stops at 30% all the time, and I am having the same problem on DirectX 9, none of this works for me.
Change the server and use openGL, If it still doesn't work and gives you the 30% error on opengl keep changing the server.

I was having the same problem, so I Googled the micro soft website for widows 10. in the search box on the website type in DirectX runtime. Download it. once downloaded, go to the launcher, make sure it is on GL, then log in. this has worked for 2 of my guild members and me. hope it helps!

did you guys try it for windows 8? if i'm not mistaken they had 3 different types of downloads.

After trying several times I finally got something (I'm not even sure what it was lol) downloaded. Restarted computer, re-installed game, and.....I'm playing RIGHT NOW!!!! My life is complete. Haha

Isn't the dll problem only for DirectX though? Couldn't you just switch to opengl from the get go and not have to download anything? I don't know, I guess I could be wrong.

Either way, I was hoping there was a way to use DirectX instead of OpenGL and not just have to switch back to Open to get around the instant crash thing, because when I'm using Open I only get around 25 FPS among other issues and I wondered if using DirectX instead would help.

Isn't the dll problem only for DirectX though? Couldn't you just switch to opengl from the get go and not have to download anything? I don't know, I guess I could be wrong.

Either way, I was hoping there was a way to use DirectX instead of OpenGL and not just have to switch back to Open to get around the instant crash thing, because when I'm using Open I only get around 25 FPS among other issues and I wondered if using DirectX instead would help.
Yeah, for the games I use to play I'd always use to use Directx it got more frames than OpenGl.

As always, great thread Divine!
So i see a lot of people getting the 2 common errors, and I'll show you the fixes for windows. If there is any other issue you're having let me know, and I'll see if I can find a fix to add to this tutorial:

View attachment 82500
This issue only states that you don't have the latest directx9 runtimes installed.

Fix by going to this link and downloading and installing the directx9 runtime program.

If installing directX9 doesn't work, google and download the .dll you're missing and place it in the TLOPO directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO"
Thanks to @RoseFox for the insight!

View attachment 82501
I don't know the cause of this issue, but it can be fixed by simply setting your display option to openGL

View attachment 82502
View attachment 82503

If installing directX9 doesn't work, google and download the .dll you're missing and place it in the TLOPO directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO"
Does anyone know what website is safe to download the missing .dll from? I google the .dll that I am missing but I can't find any websites that I recognize and know are safe to download from.

I tried downloading the file but it says that it isn't compatible with Windows 10. It lists off a bunch of Windows operating systems that it will work on but does not let me set it up because Windows 10 isn't on the list.

Attachments

• ds.PNG
    ds.PNG
    6.4 KB · Views: 183
1. Download the d3dx9_42.dll file by clicking this direct link: http://download.game155.com/zip/d3dx9_42.dll.zip

2. Unzip the .dll file into desktop

3. Copy and paste the .dll file into Computer/Local Disk C:/Windows/System32 then restart the computer

4. Launch the game.

upload_2017-5-22_10-12-37-png.82520
1. Download the d3dx9_42.dll file by clicking this direct link: http://download.game155.com/zip/d3dx9_42.dll.zip

2. Unzip the .dll file into desktop

3. Copy and paste the .dll file into Computer/Local Disk C:/Windows/System32 then restart the computer

4. Launch the game.

upload_2017-5-22_10-12-37-png.82520

Back