Game of Thrones

For those of you wanting a refresher of what happened in the last bit of GoT S6 and don't own the previous season, HBO is currently doing a re-run of the last 2 episodes of season 6 on HBO (this would be battle of the wrong mothers and winds of winter) and then obviously it'll go into the new episode "Dragonstone" when it's airtime comes up (hype).

So great to be back in season again.
Honestly loved that opening scene with Frey and Arya Stark. It got me at first but I realized Arya was the one there up to something and it was just quite a sweet revenge. Loved seeing Lyanna Mormont again who remains to be one of my favorite more minor chars. I think the scene that I really liked though had to be with Clegane burying the dead, there was something about it that I just really liked about it and I am not quite sure how to explain it.

So great to be back in season again.
Honestly loved that opening scene with Frey and Arya Stark. It got me at first but I realized Arya was the one there up to something and it was just quite a sweet revenge. Loved seeing Lyanna Mormont again who remains to be one of my favorite more minor chars. I think the scene that I really liked though had to be with Clegane burying the dead, there was something about it that I just really liked about it and I am not quite sure how to explain it.
I initially thought it might be a flashback scene or something but I immediately realized that it wasn't actually Walder. Amazing scene. I loved them showing the Hound's new personality but I wish they would have burned the bodies just to be safe. Ed Sheeran's scene wasn't a big deal to me - it didn't ruin the episode but was unnecessary. At least it was done early on (to get the cameo over with) and gave us a new perspective to the coming wars by humanizing the soldiers. Is Arya actually going to King's Landing, though?

I initially thought it might be a flashback scene or something but I immediately realized that it wasn't actually Walder. Amazing scene. I loved them showing the Hound's new personality but I wish they would have burned the bodies just to be safe. Ed Sheeran's scene wasn't a big deal to me - it didn't ruin the episode but was unnecessary. At least it was done early on (to get the cameo over with) and gave us a new perspective to the coming wars by humanizing the soldiers. Is Arya actually going to King's Landing, though?
I did like that scene for how they humanized the soldiers even if they are the enemy. I loved seeing that in other parts of the episode the sort of human aspect since it's something we all quickly forget when we consider others. I could not really care for the cameo from that scene.

Lot of good parts for a season premiere.. the beginning with Arya and the Freys was obviously awesome and something I've been wanting since the Red Wedding so I quite enjoyed it.

Also enjoyed the part with the Ed Sheeran cameo, much for the same reason Sparky did. I think it's incredibly easy for TV show writers to just make an entire faction evil and villainous, it's nice that they took the time to show that while the Lannisters and their main henchmen are as evil as they come, not all their forces are.

In the north, I enjoyed when the one Lord is all "I'm not going to train WOMEN" after Jon's speech and Lady Mormont is just like "1v1 me bro" except in much more eloquent fashion. Maybe it's just cause I love the Lady Mormont character and the smackdown she gives anyone who gets in her way.

For Oldtown, as we all know Sam was in a real "crappy" situation in this episode but looks like things are starting up with ol' Slughorn (also the Joriah appearance was surprising for me at least).

As for the ending, I enjoyed watching Dany retake her ancestral home and begin retracting the steps of her ancestor Aegon the Conqueror. I'm interested to see though how the lead up is to the interaction between her and the other leaders of the Seven Realms.

(Totally didn't forget the Hound but him seeing the White Walkers siege in the fire and re-visiting the house where he and Arya allowed a father and daughter to die was intense but overall, as always his interactions with others is hilarious.)

Last edited:
Well where to start with #2? Dany needed quite a chill pill I think. Understand that she felt a little betrayed and all that Varys once tried killing her and some other things but seriously take a chill pill don't go Mad Queen that's supposed to be left to Cersei. Speaking of the reigning Mad Queen, and dragons how about our anti air systems we have being developed? Dragons best be careful... Or the arrow goes will register them as a casualty.

I liked that we expanded upon Jorah Mormont, who is also a personal fave of mine even if he can be a little too senpai notice me. Watching Sam rip those scales off though was harder to watch than most of the scenes in this series and there's a plethora of scenes that have you gagging. I hope it pays off for Sam and Jorah. I can't help but feel the Archmaester had some good reasons to keep away from the other Maesters research in greyscale.

It is difficult to gauge how Lannisters will win over the other Tarly in the South. I feel like in the end it is possible that he ends up bending the knee to Cersei for the chance at getting Warden of the South but Lady Olenna is ticked and id take that one into account if i were him.

The Arya Nymeria scene was touching and sort of cool. Not surprised that they wouldn't reunite. It's life.

Looking at that Greyjoy battle it wasnt pretty at all. Brutal but if im being honest i enjoyed the death of the sandsnakes who more or less were annoying of course a satisfying death for us comes at a cost: a setback for Team Kill Cersei. I liked this episode but my strongest sentiment is... Dany chill.

Well where to start with #2? Dany needed quite a chill pill I think. Understand that she felt a little betrayed and all that Varys once tried killing her and some other things but seriously take a chill pill don't go Mad Queen that's supposed to be left to Cersei. Speaking of the reigning Mad Queen, and dragons how about our anti air systems we have being developed? Dragons best be careful... Or the arrow goes will register them as a casualty.

I liked that we expanded upon Jorah Mormont, who is also a personal fave of mine even if he can be a little too senpai notice me. Watching Sam rip those scales off though was harder to watch than most of the scenes in this series and there's a plethora of scenes that have you gagging. I hope it pays off for Sam and Jorah. I can't help but feel the Archmaester had some good reasons to keep away from the other Maesters research in greyscale.

It is difficult to gauge how Lannisters will win over the other Tarly in the South. I feel like in the end it is possible that he ends up bending the knee to Cersei for the chance at getting Warden of the South but Lady Olenna is ticked and id take that one into account if i were him.

The Arya Nymeria scene was touching and sort of cool. Not surprised that they wouldn't reunite. It's life.

Looking at that Greyjoy battle it wasnt pretty at all. Brutal but if im being honest i enjoyed the death of the sandsnakes who more or less were annoying of course a satisfying death for us comes at a cost: a setback for Team Kill Cersei. I liked this episode but my strongest sentiment is... Dany chill.
The Varys scolding was unnecessary - shouldn’t she have done that from the start?
It’s clearly evident that she’s weak-minded since she bursts out in anger and as soon as whomever she’s accusing of anything says something emotional (like Varys talking about the people who mutilated him) she drops her act and immediately sympathizes with them.

If Daenerys attacked sooner maybe the risk would have been less. Now that she's postponed her attack, they're going to be armed to the teeth and I’m afraid that she might lose her dragons.

Also regarding the Greyjoy scene - it was action-packed and interesting to watch. I couldn't care less about the Sandsnake deaths - I'm just happy that there's another crazy evil guy. I'm glad Theon jumped and didn't act all heroic, cause when you're this scarred (literally and figuratively) there's no going back.

I have a feeling that everything will go wrong by Season 8 and Bran will save the day by traveling back in time and altering something.

The Varys scolding was unnecessary - shouldn’t she have done that from the start?
It’s clearly evident that she’s weak-minded since she bursts out in anger and as soon as whomever she’s accusing of anything says something emotional (like Varys talking about the people who mutilated him) she drops her act and immediately sympathizes with them.

If Daenerys attacked sooner maybe the risk would have been less. Now that she's postponed her attack, they're going to be armed to the teeth and I’m afraid that she might lose her dragons.

Also regarding the Greyjoy scene - it was action-packed and interesting to watch. I couldn't care less about the Sandsnake deaths - I'm just happy that there's another crazy evil guy. I'm glad Theon jumped and didn't act all heroic, cause when you're this scarred (literally and figuratively) there's no going back.

I have a feeling that everything will go wrong by Season 8 and Bran will save the day by traveling back in time and altering something.
Next week going to be Evan better

Episode 4 was 10/10 I've watched it 5 times :)
By far the best of the past 4. The ending scene was probably one of the best scenes in the show period with just the sort of mixture of events that occurred. I've heard plenty of criticism about how the dothraki should not have so easily mowed down lannisters soldiers but I mean what do you expect? They saw wild horse savages backed by the literal equivalent of an F-16 while they stand there with ovens as protection. Either way we can all admit that the dragon bad buttery was cool and just great but the literal gold of this scene had to be that last sequence. You have Jaime Lannister absolutely flustered by the quick turn of events and although Bronn magnificently demonstrated the abilities of Scorpion, he still was at a total utter loss as to what has happened, what is going on. The charge at Dany was just something that was so jarring. Poor Tyrion as he is ready to just honestly kick and scream as he watches his brother make a foolhardy decision and witness his possible death. While we see that he makes this decision because it's the only one that just makes sense to him in the cluster of madness.

Aside from the loot train which wasn't loot apparently just grain (lame) I loved the Arya homecoming more than I thought I would. The fight with Brienne especially had a lot of feelings with me especially the little things. Sansa realizing that her sister is more deadly than most soldiers on the field and the mere fact Brienne expected so little of her only to realize as she kept upping her game against Arya that she still proved a challenge worthy of a friendly clash. Not To mention I loved just the style of Arya which almost pays off for the honest boredom I found in her being essos (I just wasn't a fan)

Back