Hacker!

Hackers can do many bad things to potco such as server resetting, Game master powers,
I have just notice something very horrifying... Tony asked me in a convo if I was still on Sovereign Code. and Asked if I could get on and guild him. I assumed I still was in the guild and got online to guild him. I was kicked.
I was very scared so I went to the directory and looked up Sovereign Code. No Results. :( Thanks to Leon A whole guild was ruined. And now The Sovereign Code family is gone...
Whos that Leon everyone keeps talking about?

IP blocking ,contrary to popular belief, simply does not work.
You're right that IP blocking is largely ineffective. However, Disney DOES collect and log your MAC address every time you login. Your MAC address is permanent (sort of). Disney also does log IP addresses. The problem is not that Disney has no reliable means of cracking down on hackers, it's simply that they're not willing to put forth such effort.

Also, I recommend everyone see https://piratesforums.co/posts/122769/. You may not discuss or name 3rd-party tools used to manipulate the game on these forums, period. I will be going through this thread and removing references. If this continues the thread will be locked.

Am sure he can only hack people who he knows there username i did get my hands on a account hacker about 1 or 2 years ago i tested it my self with one of my accounts and it worked i ended up deleting the program because i was not interested in that.

You're right that IP blocking is largely ineffective. However, Disney DOES collect and log your MAC address every time you login. Your MAC address is permanent (sort of). Disney also does log IP addresses. The problem is not that Disney has no reliable means of cracking down on hackers, it's simply that they're not willing to put forth such effort.

Also, I recommend everyone see https://piratesforums.co/posts/122769/. You may not discuss or name 3rd-party tools used to manipulate the game on these forums, period. I will be going through this thread and removing references. If this continues the thread will be locked.

Agreed!! IP blocking is, for most intents and purposes, useless. It harms the innocent while the guilty work around it in mere minutes.

Logging MAC addresses can absolutely help but with a simple NIC swap that is overcome as well -- and I'm sure any hacker worth his/her salt knows this as well.

Paid accounts (trackable through the plastic one uses to pay) is the best way to go, and even that is no where near full proof. Nothing is really.

As Disney sits right now, the best way to deal with ANY potential danger is to avoid known hackers as best as possible and keep ALL personal information private and OUT of the public eye. As Davy said, Disney is not willing to put forth the funds or manpower to overcome this growing problem.

And to be clear to everyone, I made no such reference to any third party program used for hacking or any other means. And I don't believe Davy meant to say I did. I think it was just included in the post as a deterrent regarding future posts.Sidenote here but good information.

Many community collges, universities, and online educational programs offer specific courses regarding internet security.

It's something I'd advise anyone to look into and learn more about.

It's an absolute eye-opener to learn about today's internet and its potential pitfalls regarding personal information and identity theft. To have it presented in a clinical manner, instead of all willy-nilly via friends, news articles, and website blurbs, gives one a much clearer picture concerning the challenges we all face in keeping our personal information safe, secure, and oh so PRIVATE.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your evidence that IP tracking does not work? I play other MMO's and any time I move to another computer or location, the other games I play notice that my IP is different and send me an unlock code that I must use when I log in or the game will not work.

The only way I can see this not working is
1. I give my email address and password to the hacker ( or they obtain it through a key logger)
2. They somehow know my ip address, my user name, my password, and use that information to fool the game into thinking it's me.

I'm not saying these are impossible, but if you do not give out your information and you have security software on your computer that prevents key loggers, then IP tracking is a pretty good preventative. BTW my accounts have never been hacked on any game - ever.

The problem is not that Disney has no reliable means of cracking down on hackers, it's simply that they're not willing to put forth such effort.
It is extremely crazy and most discouraging that Disney does not take more action to protect the stability of the game :mad: (especially when ye consider how EASY it is to disrupt such hacking efforts if you really put your mind to it).

Keep relying upon the "report" option but, I also encourage everyone to stop being so passive (if ye truly care about the game) and do what it takes yourself to protect POTCO.

*** Ever heard of GOOGLE??? :confused:

As the old saying goes, "if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself."

Back