Hacker!

The only way one can possible ensure their account is not hacked is to simply NOT talk about personal information and/or your account information with anyone. I have maybe TWO people in the entire game that I have shared ANY kind of personal information with and I've known both for about year to a year and a half. I know these people as well one can know someone over a video game and skype. They DO know things about my personal life but know nothing about my account or account information. They never will. That, imo, is MY business alone.

And folks, NEVER use ANY kind of personal anything in your name and/or password. It is tempting, I know. It is easy to remember, I know. However, it is simply a MISTAKE, I know.

Here is the best method I know of to make a user name and/or password that is thoroughly hard (if not imossible) to crack or hack.

Make up a complete random sentence in your head with AT LEAST EIGHT WORDS, TWO NUMBERS, and ONE PASSWORD ACCEPTABLE type of PUNCTUATION included in it.

See the sentence in your head.

Then spend a day, week, month remembering that sentence as well you do your OWN NAME. People memorize at different rates, so take as long as you need to completely memorize (learn) this sentence.

Again, ensure that in this sentence you've included at least eight words, two numbers, and some form of acceptable password accepted punctuation.

Again, see the sentence in your head (write it down if needed at first to memorize). Again, make sure the sentence is totally random and has nothing to do with you personally.

Now use the beginning letter of EACH word in the sentence starting at the beginning, use the numbers too, and use the punctuation you chose for that random sentence also and write this down. Of those letters you've written down make two of them capital letters (three if ya want, no more than three though imo). Then use the punctuation you've chosen in the proper place (where it appears in the sentence) of the password.

There is your new password. Can do same thing for username. I learned this while getting my Associate's Degree in Networking years ago and it is still a very valid method today.

Example:

dogs are better than 2 cats on 3 days of the week!! -- Random Sentence I'd memorize.

dAbt2co3Dotw!! <---- How my new password would appear when entered into accounts .

Unless I tell someone specifically what that password is.... good luck figuring it out no matter HOW WELL you know me.

I hope all this helps in some small way.

This whole hacking thing on POTCO is "frustrating..." :skullpeak:(and I am becoming angry)!

I don't know why but, all of the sudden, a THOUGHT BUBBLE just went off within my head on the realization that those whom hack POTCO accounts are - in loose definition - online predators. :( If you look closely at Disney's own definition of cyber bullying, you will also notice that hacking falls into this category.

Think about it. *Whom are those whom more than likely will give out/provide their own password or account information to someone on POTCO? Kids, right? If you look at it in this way, those whom enjoy the unregulated hacking experiences on the game are victimizing young kids (despite the fact that the some hackers might be just 'kids' themselves).

It's time (speaking to Disney/DIMG) to step up to protect those whom can't legitimately protect themselves! It's time to become proactive on all POTCO HACKING efforts!!!

I know I keep harping on this, but a simple IP tracker installed by Disney and tracked during LOG IN would prevent 99% of these attacks. Other pay to play online games have them. I do not understand why Disney does not. It's a simple step on their part to help paying customers protect their account, even if it is from their own stupidity or gullible nature.

I know I keep harping on this, but a simple IP tracker installed by Disney and tracked during LOG IN would prevent 99% of these attacks. Other pay to play online games have them. I do not understand why Disney does not. It's a simple step on their part to help paying customers protect their account, even if it is from their own stupidity or gullible nature.

I was thinking the same thing, but would this also be affected by those using Dynamic IP addresses?

They could use a dynamic security code to keep accounts from being stolen.

Many MMOs have this to promote security.

The idea behind it is that the owner of the account has an application on their iPod, or computer that is synchronized specifically with their game account. In order to log in, the player would need both their password and this security code application. The application generates a random string of numbers that you type in to the launcher in addition to the password. The random string of numbers expiries 60 seconds after it is generated, so that a new string is used each time the player logs in.

More info here: http://www.gamespot.com/star-wars-t...does-the-physical-security-key-work-61413109/

As far as the 'seeing' them, exploits exist where you can see the player's D-Name. I've done this as an experiment. It's easy.

So, if you use your D-Name as a password - you're screwed. If your D-name as your real name, or something that easily identifies you or helps decipher a password, then you need to contact Disney about changing it.

You need to go now and change your password to something that has nothing to do with your real name, job, family, school etc. A combination of letters and numbers is best. If you want to use a word then substitute a number here and there.

Ex. : SweetTooth = Sw33tt00th

You've just made it a lot harder for random guessing, etc.

IP blocking ,contrary to popular belief, simply does not work. It can have too many consequences that one may not desire, most internet providers use dynamic ip addresses, and a simple ip mask (via proxy) can get around most ip blocking methods--I said most.

Unless you are willing to spend a good amount of money (disney doesnt even do updates anymore) and a good amount of man power and hours (try disney customer service to see that epic fail in action), ip blocking, IMO, simply is not a truly viable option for the hacker(s) on disney or for even for a website to block users.

An option disney will not use, but I think would be most viable, is PAY ONLY players. And I agree with Disney in this point. I'm not someone who wants to block/stop those unable to pay and/or possess no malice from playing the game.

The only way I can see for us, the cosumer, to keep our info private is to keep our username/password and all personal information OUT of the public eye and use available software like anti-virus, malware, and identity theft protection.

What significantly bugs me the most :cursing: concerning hacking is not the difficulty in finding a smart means to the solution but rather the obvious fact that nothing is being done yet (so it seems) to incorporate a feasible "safety net" into the infrastructure of the game.

Hacking is just one example of the "symptom" of a problem; it is a HUGE symptom though which keeps me distant from the game due to the unpredictability.

Sense Toontown has never found a way to stop the hackers other then fixing the exploits so they dont work any more people still find other ways to do it idk how potco is going to fix it.

What is the truth concerning the hackers on POTCO?

I remember reading Disney's past statement that the exploits do not thrive on POTCO (and that accounts 'certainly' cannot be hacked without information exchange, lol).

*So, what is the truth with the presence of the hackers on the game :confused:???

What is the truth concerning the hackers on POTCO?

I remember reading Disney's past statement that the exploits do not thrive on POTCO (and that accounts 'certainly' cannot be hacked without information exchange, lol).

*So, what is the truth with the presence of the hackers on the game ???

They are active... None of the exploits have been fixed.

Its actively used... None of the codes have been fixed.
That bites! :popcorn:

Thanks for informing us, CJ. :) *Such manipulation on the game seriously makes me hesistant to log onto the game, still. (I hate to lose 'all' the hard work that I have done, these past years).

I have just notice something very horrifying... Tony asked me in a convo if I was still on Sovereign Code. and Asked if I could get on and guild him. I assumed I still was in the guild and got online to guild him. I was kicked.
I was very scared so I went to the directory and looked up Sovereign Code. No Results. :( Thanks to Leon A whole guild was ruined. And now The Sovereign Code family is gone...

If you got hacked then you got hacked all you can do is contact Disney and tell them what happen so they can fix it. What you should never do is always worry about being hacked. :drink: If you still don't feel safe then the number one thing you should do is probably be a "Speed Chat-Plus" This is just my thinking of being safe on the game :p but we should stop talking about the hackers and start talking on more positive things like Christmas or New Years.

If you got hacked then you got hacked all you can do is contact Disney and tell them what happen so they can fix it. What you should never do is always worry about being hacked. :drink: If you still don't feel safe then the number one thing you should do is probably be a "Speed Chat-Plus" This is just my thinking of being safe on the game :p but we should stop talking about the hackers and start talking on more positive things like Christmas or New Years.

like Marc Cannonshot said, If you ring disney they will get it fixed just like that it might rake some time as well :)

Back