Hacking Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
FireskullApproved.jpg

Nuff said :cool:

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: :iagree::iagree::iagree: Lets close the forum of talking about the guild attacks/hacking and other bussniess like that the forum is still #1 and will remain that way guys keep the forum clean and open

Ty Davy for your hard work. I agree with your decision. Warning players about a hacking issue in game is one thing, arguing/fighting about it is another.

There is no NEED to fight over the forums about it, it will just make things worse for your self no one else but you. !! So remember that. You will only get your self in truble no one else

Great! I admit I might be subject to a little of this and I hope we all (including myself!) can follow your lead in eliminating the spread of hacking.View attachment 45818

I also want to encourage people to read over their screenshots before entering them into albums because chat discussion of hackings to an extent will be removed and a friendly reminder sent.

Hopefully this new change will not make the forums too strict and I can assure you all that the staff is doing our best to keep things safe, free, and fun.

View attachment 45819
How come I never get a Captain Redhorn Seal of Approval in any of my posts? D:
How come I never get a James O'Martin Seal of Approval in any of my posts? D:
FireskullApproved.jpg

Nuff said :cool:
Okay, this just isn't fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's getting increasingly frustrating to look over the forums these days. The forums were started to bring the community together, but it feels as if so many people now only want to tear the community apart.

If it wasn't blatantly obvious before, the forums are against hacking, and they will be moderated as such. There are lots of ways to enjoy life, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would choose one which ruins everybody else's experience.

:good post:

Totally support this. It only creates unnecessary drama and serves to hurt the community, especially when discussing such things creates a full blown thread war.

Plus, it creates a ton more work for the staff.

You are still welcome to discuss the hacking problems, so long as you do not participate in hacking or engage in a drama-inducing back and forth conversation with someone who does.
If I could, I would like to pause for a moment to explain to everyone that "something unexpected" has occurred which is important for our community to understand now (concerning those ex-POTCO players whom did happen to hack/mod on POTCO). For what it is worth, perhaps this finding surprised you - @Davy Darkrage - as much as it had for me since the both of us have talked numerous times concerning this issue and topic of discussion.

Since POTCO's closure, a few players (whom were heavily involved within the inner-most circle of ex-POTCO hackers/modders) have randomly came forward to "apologize" publicly to the ex-POTCO community for their past conduct/misdeeds - via this forums.

Such apologies should absolutely be applauded and recognized by everyone here!
:woot:

What is truly amazing to me (since I have participated in the past within 'two' separate POTCO [anti-hacking] groups) is that 3 out 6 players at the top of my own "black list" have apologized to the community; 3 out of 6! :party: Such odds are extremely rare given the caliber and (known) participation level of player myself and others were concerned with mostly.

Alas; time does change perceptions and whether or not you are the type of pirate to believe in this, people can change for the better to do positive and encouraging things for the rest of us to sincerely appreciate and/or admire.
*Today, there are "new" beginnings still for those willing to hold themselves accountable for their past mistakes. :2 cents:

Since POTCO's closure, a few players (whom were heavily involved within the inner-most circle of ex-POTCO hackers/modders) have randomly came forward to "apologize" publicly to the ex-POTCO community for their past conduct/misdeeds - via this forums.

Such apologies should absolutely be applauded and recognized by everyone here!
:woot:

Indeed I agree. While some hackers that keep themselves in the shadows would be seen as cowardly, the ones that reveal themselves and apologize are courageous for admitting it to an entire community. So I applaud those few souls.

Such apologies should absolutely be applauded and recognized by everyone here! :woot:
Aye, I'll just take this time then to make a "small" public "informal" apology. You may all be wondering what I could possibly have to apologize for, after all you didn't participate in this did you? Unfortunately you would be wrong...

I feel extremely guilty for what I did because I was the sole person; besides another who did not reveal his methods to the public until much later, that started this all. PvP glitch had just been patched, the glitch were you could fight other PvP glitchers on an island such as Tortuga. I know many people didn't like this glitch, but I really did. A friend of mine who will go unnamed, showed me a way to do it with a program.

It was not the program that really really caused issues, now I know it was a simple hex editor or memory editor. But I told someone else how to do it....

The next day it was out of control, it had spread so much. People were doing this thing all over the place, I had betrayed my friend. And I betrayed the community. Many of those people that found out about that program started learning how to do other things with it, and it hyped them all for what really caused issues.

I didn't stop unfortunately... I vowed to myself not to ever tell anyone any of this stuff again. But I continued to experiment. My friend then found the new program, the one that caused so many problems for both POTCO and ToonTown. I started using it. Then the other guy who neither of us had any connection to made a video on it, and it was out. I leaked codes. I thought I could trust people, I made bad decisions.

I'm not proud of it. I know that I was a HUGE part of the hacking problem. I started it. I hyped it up. I told one person about that simple hex editor. I regret so much.....

Last edited:
I'm not proud of it. I know that I was a HUGE part of the hacking problem. I started it. I hyped it up. I told one person about that simple hex editor. I regret so much.....
As much as you feel that you were solely responsible my friend, in my own eyes there was one individual whom had played POTCO loyally to the point of "revolutionizing" the hacking/modding problem where it most definitely got out of control.

*To be clear, this individual has not yet to make any sort of PUBLIC apology (directly or indirectly) for his actions via the "main" pirate identity that he had used . (In hindsight, this is a particular sad thing because with the way this individual was so heavily involved with POTCO during it's prime, my guess is that he is still actively involved with at least one of the 'post-POTCO' projects being developed now by ex-POTCO players, though I have no proof of that).

The reason I personally got involved/inspired to understand the POTCO hacking/modding issue was significantly due to this individual. (This, despite the addition of the individual whom was notorious for the 'stealing' of other players' POTCO accounts in addition to another individual whom blatantly defiled the ex-POTCO community by compromising accounts and then publicly 'deleting' all items within their inventory via use of embedded links loaded with a key logger virus [whom had also uploaded fake POTCO 'Anonymous' videos on youtube]). The main reason why this particular individual which I am posting about now had failed in my eyes is because of three (3) words: purposeful mass distribution.

It's one thing to hack a game for fun because you stumble upon how to do so. This individual however had purposefully set his "mind and heart" on distributing the means for POTCO to become hacked, primarily because of two reasons:

• His pride (he enjoyed the idea of himself becoming 'infamous' within the eyes of those whom relied upon his video tutorials)
  • His own lack of understanding/maturity (he felt that through his video tutorials the 'codes released' would better a community whom grew bored of Disney and tired of their lack of attention towards POTCO)
I know this because I spoke directly to him about such deeds; deeds to which he had hinted to me that his misdeeds would end. They never did and because of that, I was forced to message various website administrators to where their website domain were being used by him for the sole purpose of providing public "downloads" for such exploits. The majority of them listened (as they valued their own Terms of Service) and in turn, he was forced to distribute his codes elsewhere eventually securing him a spot though on a domain which secretly harbors the pursuit/interests of those whom legitimately hack computer systems.

So...the "cat and mouse" game I played with this individual proved to me eventually his full intent. *If ever there was anyone whom should apologize to the ex-POTCO community for the way that the game was hacked/modded across the board, it should be him.

In time, it is my hope that he makes the right decision. :piratemickey:

As much as you feel that you were solely responsible my friend, in my own eyes there was one individual whom had played POTCO loyally to the point of "revolutionizing" the hacking/modding problem where it most definitely got out of control.

*To be clear, this individual has not yet to make any sort of PUBLIC apology (directly or indirectly) for his actions via the "main" pirate identity that he had used . (In hindsight, this is a particular sad thing because with the way this individual was so heavily involved with POTCO during it's prime, my guess is that he is still actively involved with at least one of the 'post-POTCO' projects being developed now by ex-POTCO players, though I have no proof of that).

The reason I personally got involved/inspired to understand the POTCO hacking/modding issue was significantly due to this individual. (This, despite the addition of the individual whom was notorious for the 'stealing' of other players' POTCO accounts in addition to another individual whom blatantly defiled the ex-POTCO community by compromising accounts and then publicly 'deleting' all items within their inventory via use of embedded links loaded with a key logger virus [whom had also uploaded fake POTCO 'Anonymous' videos on youtube]). The main reason why this particular individual which I am posting about now had failed in my eyes is because of three (3) words: purposeful mass distribution.

It's one thing to hack a game for fun because you stumble upon how to do so. This individual however had purposefully set his "mind and heart" on distributing the means for POTCO to become hacked, primarily because of two reasons:

• His pride (he enjoyed the idea of himself becoming 'infamous' within the eyes of those whom relied upon his video tutorials)
  • His own lack of understanding/maturity (he felt that through his video tutorials the 'codes released' would better a community whom grew bored of Disney and tired of their lack of attention towards POTCO)
I know this because I spoke directly to him about such deeds; deeds to which he had hinted to me that his misdeeds would end. They never did and because of that, I was forced to message various website administrators to where their website domain were being used by him for the sole purpose of providing public "downloads" for such exploits. The majority of them listened (as they valued their own Terms of Service) and in turn, he was forced to distribute his codes elsewhere eventually securing him a spot though on a domain which secretly harbors the pursuit/interests of those whom legitimately hack computer systems.

So...the "cat and mouse" game I played with this individual proved to me eventually his full intent. *If ever there was anyone whom should apologize to the ex-POTCO community for the way that the game was hacked/modded across the board, it should be him.

In time, it is my hope that he makes the right decision. :piratemickey:
Shamus The Brute, you wouldn't happen to have been a SvS player, were you? Did you ever run into a hacker on the french island, after he ported with 12k bounty? What provider did he host the website on?

Just curious if you knew any of the answers to this question.

Shamus The Brute, you wouldn't happen to have been a SvS player, were you? Did you ever run into a hacker on the french island, after he ported with 12k bounty? What provider did he host the website on?

Just curious if you knew any of the answers to this question.
SVS was my favorite thing to do on POTCO. With that said, SVS was "significantly" impacted :mad: by various exploits (namely the 'cannons no-reload' exploit and hack) the individual I am referring to above had mass distributed, all over the internet.

The circumstance you mention (where 12k bounty was ported) happened all of the time amongst certain SVS pirates whom took privateering "too much to heart" at the expense of others' fun/gaming experience. :( *Not surprisingly, I was never supportive of those kind of SVS players whom behaved that way.

Your last question, I do not understand who you are referring to. If you have time, you might want to shoot me a pm so that we can discuss this privately if ye so desire (rather than on this thread). :)

SVS was my favorite thing to do on POTCO. With that said, SVS was "significantly" impacted :mad: by various exploits (namely the 'cannons no-reload' exploit and hack) the individual I am referring to above had mass distributed, all over the internet.

The circumstance you mention (where 12k bounty was ported) happened all of the time amongst certain SVS pirates whom took privateering "too much to heart" at the expense of others' fun/gaming experience. :( *Not surprisingly, I was never supportive of those kind of SVS players whom behaved that way.

Your last question, I do not understand who you are referring to. If you have time, you might want to shoot me a pm so that we can discuss this privately if ye so desire (rather than on this thread). :)

Any of this bring memories?

IP54dU6.jpg

syDlJ2u.jpg

My youtube account was InteractiveGlitches as well. Also, I was the first one to mass promote the program using Colored Text (Yellow mainly) and left big, BIG spaces inbetween so people could only see my message.

Won't be able to add another post to this thread if this account is banned, however. This isn't the entire story, either.

What I ask is if any of this is familiar-looking and what you're talking about?

In addition, that cannon exploit which you speak off is the result of changing hex values.

Any of this bring memories?

What I ask is if any of this is familiar-looking and what you're talking about?
Aye. Welcome back to the forums, mate (i.e., potcoreports/Axel). How's everything on TTR these days?

Considering the other stuff, please shoot me a pm here if ye want to talk. (That way, this particular thread is not cluttered up 'too much' with dialogue between the both of us if that were to occur). :)

Aye. Welcome back to the forums, mate (i.e., potcoreports/Axel). How's everything on TTR these days?

Considering the other stuff, please shoot me a pm here if ye want to talk. (That way, this particular thread is not cluttered up 'too much' with dialogue between the both of us if that were to occur). :)
I don't really want to PM and rather publicly put it out here. But the Axel you speak of is the successor person; the one who stole an Axel's main pirate and continued to spread the PvP anywhere zombie mode where they joined public ships to attack others. Also, his pirate was some other guy, never knew never cared. When your in abassa, you see the chat talk and make something out of it.

Beyond that, idk what happened on potco. Ive heard that people started figured out more commands with program but that's about it.

As you know, i had many basic pirates on abassa advertising program. But never really paid any attention on the game; it was really for everyone else to figure out (Which led to impressive work by some).

Tbh, the real person to blame is Disney for using python as their compiler For an online game. they thought that hackers wouldnt exist during its fruition. Such a foolish mistake for them to copy and paste game files from toontown and change it to potco.

Disney's failure to do anything right lead to the downfall of all IPs. Because the problem on toontown was also serious, there was no hope that disney was going to keep the other IPs up, since they share the same base.

In other words, even if hacking wasn't on potco, it would still be closed by disney because toontown was having the problem at a serve level.

I feel bad for the people who had accounts taken. Obviously, they needed someone to blame to harm reputation. In no way was i ever involved in this. Im just the promoter of the program. Never played potco or cared about it, just sharing the fun from TT you know.

So many controversied around it and the people involved. Unfortunately i know not much of it.

I don't really want to PM and rather publicly put it out here. But the Axel you speak of is the successor person; the one who stole an Axel's main pirate and continued to spread the PvP anywhere zombie mode where they joined public ships to attack others. Also, his pirate was some other guy, never knew never cared.
By all accounts, I apologize if I had it inaccurately tagged you as being the individual behind Axel but therein also, lies the problem with POTCO/ToonTown in general (there remained 'too many' identities players could mask themselves behind to carry forth their deeds of destruction to each game).

Given the fact that most hackers/modders would perform their manipulations with (basic) low level characters proves to me just how "courageous" these players were, in fact. :rolleyes:
(People should have just man-up and take full responsibility for hacking/modding a game if Disney truly is at fault as you say that they are (an 'excuse' some continue to be deceived by, even today that is).

For myself, it proved difficult to understand whom was behind the hacking/modding of POTCO as a result of SO MANY identities being used to where tracks were being covered. Nevertheless, I know for a fact that you had carried out your own philosophy towards Disney's POTCO via the following pirates you had at your disposal: Bartholomew Edgegallows and Jack Sternstone.
Tbh, the real person to blame is Disney for using python as their compiler For an online game. they thought that hackers wouldnt exist during its fruition. Such a foolish mistake for them to copy and paste game files from toontown and change it to potco.

Disney's failure to do anything right lead to the downfall of all IPs. Because the problem on toontown was also serious, there was no hope that disney was going to keep the other IPs up, since they share the same base.

In other words, even if hacking wasn't on potco, it would still be closed by disney because toontown was having the problem at a serve level.
I respectfully "disagree" with you that Disney is solely to blame.

Think of the issue of hacking/modding in a daily, practical matter:
As an example, I am a proud owner of barbeque/grill which I try to utilize readily during the summer time. That BBQ has a propane tank underneath it which "facilitates" the sufficient grilling of various meats, chicken, pork, and/or vegetables. :yum:(There was even one time I had successfully skewered 'shrimp' on that particular BBQ grill to the delight of my own family).

Now, as a result of my own experience and skill in mastering the "art" of grilling (via hooking up the propane tank successfully/safely to said grill intake valve), shall I then someday take matters into my own hands by twisting open the valve of the tank without it being coupled with the grill itself? :confused: Let's say I do so but then strike a match regardless of the fact that propane gas is spewing forth and choking the very air that I breathe. ~ What would then become the result?

If I lit the match and the house explodes (causing 'other' fires around the neighborhood) to occur...
:blowup:
...do I then just blame the manufacturer of the propane tank because I made the "choice" to open the valve of the tank in the first place with lit match in-hand?

The CHOICE was mine, and my alone, to cause the destruction/burning down of my house along with the houses of "others" whom lived around my neighborhood. Opening the "outlet" valve to POTCO's game code/files (when you should have never done so in the first place) regardless of POTCO's circumstance, is the same exact scenario - mate!

*In the end, it came down to choice and rest assured of this, not everyone made the same choice as you had nor agreed to set the POTCO "neighborhood" on fire. :furious:

Here's the kicker; there is still time to make right what went wrong. ;)

Concerning the above scenario with my BBQ/grill, it would serve myself (and other people within the community as well) if I would:

• "man-up" and take full responsibility to what I did to said propane tank (despite the 'way' the tank was manufactured)
  • apologize publicly to my neighbors (and the town/village 'fire-chief') for my lack of better judgment/personal mistake in sparking such fires

This is a final warning to all forums members.

It's getting increasingly frustrating to look over the forums these days. The forums were started to bring the community together, but it feels as if so many people now only want to tear the community apart.

If it wasn't blatantly obvious before, the forums are against hacking, and they will be moderated as such. There are lots of ways to enjoy life, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would choose one which ruins everybody else's experience.

If you publicly admit to manipulating the game, you will receive a ban, period. I don't care if you think it's harmless. I don't care if you just think it's fun. I don't care if it's your opinion and you think you have every right to share it with the world.

Do I want the forums to be as open an uncensored as possible? Yes. I really, really, really do. I want members to have an open platform to exchange thoughts and ideas, but I will not allow discussion that contributes to the demise of the game. If you want to discuss your participation in hacking, find somewhere else to talk.

If you do not hack:

Great. However, please make running the forums a little easier and DO NOT respond to those who do. As of today, responding to hackers will get you in trouble for drama.

If someone openly discusses their participation in hacking, click the 'Report' button on their post and move on. The hacker has no way of knowing who reported them, you have nothing to lose, and we will take appropriate action.

I do not want to see any more back and forth discussion between hackers/non-hackers.

You are still welcome to discuss the hacking problems, so long as you do not participate in hacking or engage in a drama-inducing back and forth conversation with someone who does.

At this time the General Discussion forum is closed until further notice. If this message is ignored we will just disallow hacking discussion entirely. You may reply to this thread or start a conversation with me if you have any questions or concerns.

Can someone provide some context for this? I obviously missed this and would really like to know the circumstances behind this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back