Announcement Happy Halloween!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well sadly I live in Sweden where nobody really celebrate Halloween. Which is a shame I love that holiday but do not celebrate it much. Simply just some special food and that is it. If trying to scare someone would not make me look like a complete fool for being the only one doing it then it would be great but no people here are to boring haha.

I never really got into Halloween. It always just gave me an excuse to play Christmas music.

But I do remember, on October 29th, 2011, the Cardinals won the World Series. That would be my favorite Halloween memory

I suppose my best Halloween memory is when my oldest daughter was 2 years old and trick or treating for the first time. She was acting very shy and we had to push her up to the door and prompt her to say "Trick Or Treat". When she saw that she was getting candy for doing so, suddenly her tune changed and she turned from shy and obstinate to bold and confident. Amazing what a little candy can do.

I remember back in the day when I was like 7. I used to go trick or treating around my neighborhood with my cousins, rocking my glow in the dark sketchers and amazing batman costume :p Good times :D However in this particular memory, something indeed "spooky" happened. On this adventure into the spooky night, I had with me my most trusted amigos who were none other than Leonardo from TMNT and Superman himself and of course our moms, but who cares :p During our spectacular raid of the neighborhood treats, we came across a suspicious looking house. We almost chose not to go until Leonardo spotted a huge bowl of Nacho and Cool Ranch Doritos sitting in front of the door. The cool ranch happened to be all our favorites at the time, (it's still my favorite), so we decided to go and check it out. However, as soon I grabbed a Doritos, a zombie appeared seemingly out of no where and grabbed Superman by the ankle. To the zombie's and our moms astonishment, Leonardo manned up and hit the zombie in the face with his (styrofoam) sword. Then Superman and I decided to join in the attack and take down the zombie as a team. After it seemed like the zombie gave up the will to fight our ferocious team, he handed us the whole bowl of chips to us as a reward :D Looking back it now, i'm really grateful for the zombie's decision to play along with the act. I'm pretty sure he wasn't expecting a bunch of 7 year olds to fight back and the fact that he just gave us the whole bowl of chips at the end just makes it even more epic! The zombie was honestly a really cool guy :D

Last edited:
One year I was a banana for Halloween...

Need I say anymore?

315icdg.jpg

couldn't resist sorry @Bobby Flat Foot :p

Our house gets decorated in skeleton pirate theme each year, complete with several POTCO flags waving (think Tortuga or PR Graveyard.. thats our yard) But the best memory was when 15 of my family members all flew to Disney for Halloween. We all dressed as pirates and invaded the park for Mickey's Halloween Party, we made a bee line for, you guessed it, Pirates of the Caribbean ride where we met a lot of other pirates. Everyone was rowdy and yelling "Arrgh" as we waited on line. There was even a Jack Sparrow,(professional impersonator) there, who was later told if he didnt stop with the spot on Johnny Depp mannerisms, he would be asked to leave the park because people kept asking him to sign their autograph books as Jack Sparrow. The amount of candy that the park gave out was crazy ridiculous, that even after a week, we had to pack it in our suitcases to take home.

One Halloween when I was a lad, we were playing hide and seek in the morning, before trick or treating and me and two of my other friends went off to hide. As we were going to another spot, a weird man came from his house (we suspected him a crack head) and acted like he hand a gun, making an outline of it in his shirt, but it was painfully obvious that it was his hand. After the ten seconds of threats he wanted one of my friends who was on the chubbier side to do a back flip, which he didn't even attempt because he knew how down south that would end up. Eventually the man started trying to do a back flip to show him how to do it, but at that point we just ran away since we could care less and it seemed that man was delusional at the time.
Wasn't spooky but it is a story I had on said day, have a happy All Hallows Eve fellas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back