Announcement Happy Third Sunday !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family tradition for Christmas is simply spending all day together in our house and opening presents on Christmas morning, eating a hot breakfast and a big 'ole turkey for dinner.

Of course TLOPO is having holiday exp. so I might be shunning a few hours of tradition in favor of some grinding. :)

Our Tradition ended 2 years ago when my mom died. But while it lasted was good for a lot of laughs on our Christmas Eve party. Every year for 40 years 2 of my Bros and I would get gag gifts for family members and their spouses(young nephews and nieces excluded). During the party we would have one of our friends dress as Santa. We collected single gifts for all the little kids from their families so they could get a picture with Santa. Then the gag gifts would come out. Needless to say you never wanted to bring a girlfriend or boyfriend to this party. We would collect things during the year just for this occasion. There was one rule, you had to open the gift in front of everyone. By the time all presents were handed out there wasn't a dry eye in the house from all the laughing. Ahhhh for got one of the best traditions. My Grandfather use to make Brandy Alexanders all night. As he got older he passed the tradition to the oldest bro who was of legal age, and that was passed as we all got to be a legal age. To this day as we visit our family to drop off gifts we are welcomed with a Brandy Alexander.
I had Brandy Alexanders for everyone along with a couple of other cocktails at my 50th recently... I think they're delicious for a special occasion. Sitting here drinking Egg Nog on a Christmas Sunday afternoon, you guy's can catch up and do it tomorrow... Merry Christmas!:D
:pirate ship::sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back