Announcement Happy Third Sunday !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family and I normally go to a smaller church outside of town since it's less crowded, but every year on christmas eve, we go to the big church in town to enjoy the trees and lights and everything else about it :)

Tradition with my family.....Christmas eve, family gathers at the house, we eat then its gingerbread house building, then everyone goes home for the kids to get to bed before Santa visits. Christmas morning, everyone comes over for breakfast, then the gifts are distributed, everyone opens at the same time. Then papa gets out the screwdriver & batteries for the toys. Whew!

Every holiday season I go downtown to the Christkindlmarket and eat potato pancakes, sip hot cocoa, and admire the Daley Plaza Christmas tree (which was moved to Millennium Park this year, for some reason? Still beautiful.)
The market is basically a bunch of German vendors selling intricate, handcrafted villages, ornaments, etc. Very cute and festive. :tree:
D163AA80C004879D8217D5DE260D024C.jpg

I honestly don't think a thing has changed with my family since i was around 4 or 5 when all of this started. Andddd now that i've lived about 8-10 hours from my family for quite awhile now they mean even more these days. This is flat out my entire Christmas Tradition lol. We always head to my grandparents for Christmas Eve, about a 2 hour drive from my childhood hometown. We get all our presents together under the tree (except me because i of course am up wrapping presents after everyone goes to sleep, because i'm just "great" at Christmas lol) and then get ready for dinner. Dinner and Christmas Morning breakfast have literally never changed, venison meat pies for dinner, orange peel and grape tarts for breakfast. After dinner we hang out for a bit talking about the year, then get ready for church. We go to this small white church in a town called Amasa, MI (place is tiny like 20 people max), and i get to see a few of my cousins, then we head home after mass and go to bed (again, i stay up wrapping presents finally). Before i go to bed, i still read my dads old charlie brown books... no idea why... i just do lol. Then the next morning we get up open presents and head to my Aunts for the day... anddddd then i make my way back because i always have to work LOL Merry Christmas Everyone :)

I honestly don't think a thing has changed with my family since i was around 4 or 5 when all of this started. Andddd now that i've lived about 8-10 hours from my family for quite awhile now they mean even more these days. This is flat out my entire Christmas Tradition lol. We always head to my grandparents for Christmas Eve, about a 2 hour drive from my childhood hometown. We get all our presents together under the tree (except me because i of course am up wrapping presents after everyone goes to sleep, because i'm just "great" at Christmas lol) and then get ready for dinner. Dinner and Christmas Morning breakfast have literally never changed, venison meat pies for dinner, orange peel and grape tarts for breakfast. After dinner we hang out for a bit talking about the year, then get ready for church. We go to this small white church in a town called Amasa, MI (place is tiny like 20 people max), and i get to see a few of my cousins, then we head home after mass and go to bed (again, i stay up wrapping presents finally). Before i go to bed, i still read my dads old charlie brown books... no idea why... i just do lol. Then the next morning we get up open presents and head to my Aunts for the day... anddddd then i make my way back because i always have to work LOL Merry Christmas Everyone :)
I know where Amasa is! I'm in East Lansing for school, so Amasa is very far north from me... But I only know of it because it's kinda by Escanaba lol. What a cute lil town.

Every year I go to the empty mall with my dad and brother on Christmas Eve. The Christmas music echoing through the mall sounds like the scene from Polar Express when they're stuck in the toy factory.

Every year, my parents hide this pickle ornament in the tree. It blends in perfectly and basically when she snaps her fingers my brothers and I basically claw our way through the tree to find it. The best part about it is whoever finds it gets $5. *Oh and beating each other up before someone can grab it*

Every year my family wakes up early in the morning and sits around the Christmas tree to open presents. We always go youngest to oldest and it's always great seeing your family members so happy. Afterwards we all help my mom make brunch which usually consists of waffles/french toast with bacon and eggs on the side.

My favorite tradition is having each grandchild paint an ornament for Grandma's Christmas tree while dinner is cooking. Over the years these little elves have created so many memories, each hanging proudly on the tree!

My favorite tradition would have to be baking cookies with my parents. Although they usually always end up burnt, they're still made of love :hugs:

I forgot to add, I live like 5 minutes away from my grandmother, in Farmington, MI. This year, I'm breaking tradition by visiting my dad in Virginia, instead of visiting my grandmother right up the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back