Announcement Happy Third Sunday !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite traditions is that we open 1 gift Christmas eve, and it's always pajamas. So Christmas morning we all have nice new pajamas on. The fun is that you don't know which family member is picking out your gift, so it's a surprise to see what kind/style of pajamas you'll receive. Or some years we've all gotten each other goofy pajamas (onsies, characters, etc).

Every year, my parents hide this pickle ornament in the tree. It blends in perfectly and basically when she snaps her fingers my brothers and I basically claw our way through the tree to find it. The best part about it is whoever finds it gets $5. *Oh and beating each other up before someone can grab it*
When I was in cub scouts forever ago, they also hid a pickle ornament in the tree lol. They didn't do the find it for $5 thing tho haha. One year they dropped it and it was really awkward cuz it broke. I think that was the last year I was there, so I never found out if they got a new one (they most likely did).

When I was in cub scouts forever ago, they also hid a pickle ornament in the tree lol. They didn't do the find it for $5 thing tho haha. One year they dropped it and it was really awkward cuz it broke. I think that was the last year I was there, so I never found out if they got a new one (they most likely did).
Haha, I only do things for rewards :p. If there was no reward, I would throw in the towel right away.

Our pickle ornament broke, too. So we replaced it with a corndog air freshener that's virtually indestructible; although it doesn't smell like mustard anymore. ;)

Our Tradition ended 2 years ago when my mom died. But while it lasted was good for a lot of laughs on our Christmas Eve party. Every year for 40 years 2 of my Bros and I would get gag gifts for family members and their spouses(young nephews and nieces excluded). During the party we would have one of our friends dress as Santa. We collected single gifts for all the little kids from their families so they could get a picture with Santa. Then the gag gifts would come out. Needless to say you never wanted to bring a girlfriend or boyfriend to this party. We would collect things during the year just for this occasion. There was one rule, you had to open the gift in front of everyone. By the time all presents were handed out there wasn't a dry eye in the house from all the laughing. Ahhhh for got one of the best traditions. My Grandfather use to make Brandy Alexanders all night. As he got older he passed the tradition to the oldest bro who was of legal age, and that was passed as we all got to be a legal age. To this day as we visit our family to drop off gifts we are welcomed with a Brandy Alexander.

Last edited:
My Christmas tradition, or rather my family's is to travel to our winter house, then spend the next 2 weeks isolated from the rest of the world (other than internet - no cell signal) and snowboard, ski, and most importantly snowmobile races with each across our lake. Other than that, there is a lot of delicious food, 2 rooms full of gifts between everyone and a whole lot of video games!

Also we search the 250 acres property for the perfect trees to cover the house, (5 trees to be specific) and spend several days before Christmas actually begins decorating all of them.

Last edited:
One of my favorite traditions are opening Christmas crackers with my family around suppertime. We would all wear the paper hats inside after opening them and it was cool to see which cracker would make the loudest pop.

Watching football with the family, we love football. GO BUCS

Boy you guys have some amazing traditions! What fun!

I think we as a family don't really have any Christmas traditions apart from all getting together for Christmas lunch... actually if I think about it I sort of have a couple of traditions, getting a real Christmas Tree so the house smells of pine and I'm pretty stuck on making a Trifle pudding with Sherry in it once a year for Christmas. This year we're going to try one of those American things for the first time Egg Nog with Brandy... sounds warming.

Only need snow outside the window instead of beach time, jandals & air con! ;):pirate ship::sunny:

As a child, it was Dad's banana pancakes on the griddle after a morning playing with Santa's Gifts. As an adult, it us the Christmas Eve Fire (no matter the weather) and Coco with an adult kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back