Votes: 34 61.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mixed

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters
Staff is a bit tedious to level up but what isn't? For invasions there is no question this is the go to weapon of choice. I used to either solo or have very small crew for invasions and win almost every time since I could clear out all the skeletons from the barriers using staff . Gun for Jolly at the end.

Here are my pros and cons:
Pros
- having it mastered looks good on a player card.
- it's another interesting weapon in the arsenal.
- you can attack multiple enemies.
- has abilities of shooting with damage of a pistol.
Cons
- there is no usefulness after mastered.
- no good famed for it.
- not effective in pvp.

In my opinion, these are the pros and cons. It looks good to have mastered, but in potco and tlopo I found myself never using it, not even in invasions where it could be most effective.

As far as power is concerned, I think a high power musket with silver/steel shot is more deadly even if it takes about the same amount of time, if you have points in Eagle Eye, range is also increased to absurd levels. The only real benefit would be in crowds and how you can hit multiple enemies at the same time.

If I need to pick off a single, isolated target, I'd use the musket, if there's a bunch of enemies cluttered together, then I see zero reason to not use AOE attacks like Whither, Flaming Skull, or the Fat Man of our arsenal, grenades.

Back in POTCO, once I got the staff I rarely used anything else. But at the time when I played, and I stopped playing before the level cap was raised to 50, maxing out the casting speed skill made flaming skull and wither cast much faster than they do today in TLOPO, thus making for much better damage output. Perhaps the staff was nerfed somewhere along the way, or maybe the casting speed skill doesn't work quite right yet because I don't find the staff nearly as useful with the slower casting speed as it once was. Though I still enjoy using it whenever I am facing multiples in a pull that I don't really want all hitting me at once. I can usually get them mowed down with the staff by the time they get to me which, for obvious reasons, is preferable.

Y'know I seem to recall casting being faster too. I haven't used staff a whole lot since I got it in TLOPO but I don't remember ever thinking "uuugggh this takes too looong" for WITHER. I certainly did for other spells, but never wither.

Back in POTCO, once I got the staff I rarely used anything else. But at the time when I played, and I stopped playing before the level cap was raised to 50, maxing out the casting speed skill made flaming skull and wither cast much faster than they do today in TLOPO, thus making for much better damage output. Perhaps the staff was nerfed somewhere along the way, or maybe the casting speed skill doesn't work quite right yet because I don't find the staff nearly as useful with the slower casting speed as it once was. Though I still enjoy using it whenever I am facing multiples in a pull that I don't really want all hitting me at once. I can usually get them mowed down with the staff by the time they get to me which, for obvious reasons, is preferable.

It's more likely that certain skills are just not functional at the moment. It's still in beta, though all the crashing is getting on my nerves.

I really love the staff. If you max out the skill to reduce amounts of voodoo attacks use, max out the skill to increase casting times & max your voodoo total out (one of the voodoo doll skills that lets you increase your max voodoo) then it's really easy to use and super effective in battle! I feel like it has a good range but also does decent damage. Especially when your pirate is a high level and you have more voodoo power, along with a quicker casting rate it's amazing! Plus with Wither (the 3rd power on the staff not sure if that's what it is called) you can hit up to 5 enemies if they are all close enough to you. Great for looting and leveling just go around and hit every enemie you want with another weapon, run and get them all to chase you and once they circle you have the staff out and cast wither! It will hit them all with equal and high damage!

Here are my pros and cons:
Pros
- having it mastered looks good on a player card.
- it's another interesting weapon in the arsenal.
- you can attack multiple enemies.
- has abilities of shooting with damage of a pistol.
Cons
- there is no usefulness after mastered.
- no good famed for it.
- not effective in pvp.

In my opinion, these are the pros and cons. It looks good to have mastered, but in potco and tlopo I found myself never using it, not even in invasions where it could be most effective.
I agree this is not useful during pvp.

Nice pros and cons list!

I really love the staff. If you max out the skill to reduce amounts of voodoo attacks use, max out the skill to increase casting times & max your voodoo total out (one of the voodoo doll skills that lets you increase your max voodoo) then it's really easy to use and super effective in battle! I feel like it has a good range but also does decent damage. Especially when your pirate is a high level and you have more voodoo power, along with a quicker casting rate it's amazing! Plus with Wither (the 3rd power on the staff not sure if that's what it is called) you can hit up to 5 enemies if they are all close enough to you. Great for looting and leveling just go around and hit every enemie you want with another weapon, run and get them all to chase you and once they circle you have the staff out and cast wither! It will hit them all with equal and high damage!

One issue with the staff is that even when you have the reduced required voodoo to use a spell, you still have to wait until you have what the spell normal costs. This was present in POTCO and likely a result of hard-coding.

Back