Is trading coming or not?

because i want a DAD GUM CORSET, A BLACK AND A RED ONE, and they just dont give them out anymore, no matter how much you loot, you can loot day and night and you still wont get one, so bring in the traders, i teach the low to play black jack, you think it not fair to them, i dont care, i just want a corset, ok,....:confused:
Well, if you actually tried, maybe you could find one. You're just trying to take the lazy route.

If trading is coming out of if it were to come out, It would be very positive for the game as content in making players happy and for business for Disney. There might be some flaws but those would have to be resolved by the players and if the system is good enough, Disney can't be held responsible for what the players do in a fair update to take advantage over others.

Everyone is saying how trading is such a bad thing. Well, how about us people who either don't have the time to loot ALL DAY EVERY DAY, or just simply don't have good luck? Not everyone devotes their game time to looting, but if you have bad luck and loot all day, you still cannot guarantee good stuff.
Also, if you want to loot the item instead of trade, do it. It does not hurt you in any way to see people walk around with World Eaters that they didn't loot.
Another thing, Disney could make it to where you cannot trade Legendary items.
Everyone sees the negatives; think of positive things in the update, and you can get rid of the negatives... Anyways, chances are Disney won't do it... Or it'd take too long for it to be worth it.

Everyone is saying how trading is such a bad thing. Well, how about us people who either don't have the time to loot ALL DAY EVERY DAY, or just simply don't have good luck? Not everyone devotes their game time to looting, but if you have bad luck and loot all day, you still cannot guarantee good stuff.
Also, if you want to loot the item instead of trade, do it. It does not hurt you in any way to see people walk around with World Eaters that they didn't loot.
Another thing, Disney could make it to where you cannot trade Legendary items.
Everyone sees the negatives; think of positive things in the update, and you can get rid of the negatives... Anyways, chances are Disney won't do it... Or it'd take too long for it to be worth it.
Good points, I understand. I don't have much loot time either, but if I was able to trade for everything and not work for it, for me, that would take fun away from the game. That's just me maybe idk. :D

They ( Disney) never really said anything about trading. From what I remember, most of the ' trading' rumors began from that video on the Piratesonline Youtube channel. That line "Yer trade worked!" started to make people wonder if trading was coming soon.

Anyway, if they do bring out trading they will have to make a very strong trading system. Something that's not easily glitched into to cause chaos. Another pirate game has this feature, and by the looks of it, it seems to have a solid system. This is what Disney needs to do. There is some back and forth about trading, how it can be great for players to get things that they want. ( If it's to hard to find) and how it can be bad ( If a player finds a way to take advantage of others.) If this update is coming, it would have to be 100% bug free: On Test, then the transition from Test to Live. I know that there are a lot of bugs that pops up between the transition to live. Also, it would have to 'last' for a long time. Nowadays, updates are good for a few weeks before people get bored with them. Like, QAR, Infamy, and the Hunters. They aren't as popular as before. Actually, with the Hunters, they are going back up because of S.C.

Here is what I have to go off of for trading this is from the official Pirates Online site aka www.piratesonline.com
In the past year, we've seen many changes in the Caribbean, but what lies ahead? In response to your recent questions, we asked the man in charge of Pirates Online development for answers - here's what he had to say:
My name is Greg Wiatroski and I am the lead developer on Pirates of the Caribbean Online. My job is to oversee the development of all in-game features. I work very closely with the Community, Marketing, and Publishing teams to decide which of many great ideas we want to make happen. Then we have to decide how and when they will get done. I work with a great team of artists and engineers who are all really committed to making Pirates a truly great game.
Ship Customization
We know that being able to express yourself is a huge part of the online game experience. We've always planned on letting players be able to make their ships as unique as they are. We plan on letting players customize their sails, masthead, and many trim pieces and accessories for starters. We've been debating having different pieces affect the gameplay mechanics. This would let players customize their ships for the style of play they prefer.
Loot and Inventory System
We would love to add a more traditional inventory system to Pirates. Think something along the lines of bags and slots - like your traditional RPG. This would allow us to do lots of things - like player trading, for instance. Hand in hand with the new inventory system, we'd like to offer the players more rewards. Again, think of the more traditional RPG loot: weapons that boost certain attributes so the player has to make some decisions about what skills they want to be better at.
Basic vs. Unlimited
We are always re-evaluating the access for Basic Players. Traditionally we add features for Basic members when we add something more for Unlimited Members. So keep watching the release notes, we are constantly adding to the game!
GMs and GM Ships
Our Community team is really excited about the opportunity to make in-game appearances. I was able to participate in the event we did to announce the upcoming Halloween event. I can honestly say it was really fun and we learned a lot from all of you. I think the players can look forward to many more events like this including meeting some very famous Pirates, participating in treasure hunts, pirate bounties, and other exciting adventures. Here is the link to read it yourself: http://piratesonline.go.com/#/game_info/day_in_the_life.html . I for one am in favor of trading as for I get a lot of good repeats that I could give to my other pirates, I have 3 complete bright outfits from Bandana to Cotton Trousers and several more that are near finished, just not all in one place, I don't like tossing out good items when I have other pirates that could hold them or use them. And after all isn't pirating just high risk trading? I think it's a good idea if they could set limitations to it that would prevent a rip off. I am also in favor of a guild chest or a buyback option added to the game.

Here is what I have to go off of for trading this is from the official Pirates Online site aka www.piratesonline.com
In the past year, we've seen many changes in the Caribbean, but what lies ahead? In response to your recent questions, we asked the man in charge of Pirates Online development for answers - here's what he had to say:
My name is Greg Wiatroski ...........................
I posted that in the 1st page of this same thread and Jim Hexskull did to on the 2nd page :D
My post --> https://piratesforums.co/threads/is-trading-coming-or-not.5993/#post-103541

Jim Hexskull's post --> https://piratesforums.co/threads/is-trading-coming-or-not.5993/page-2#post-103607

I posted that in the 1st page of this same thread and Jim Hexskull did to on the 2nd page :D
My post --> https://piratesforums.co/threads/is-trading-coming-or-not.5993/#post-103541

Jim Hexskull's post --> https://piratesforums.co/threads/is-trading-coming-or-not.5993/page-2#post-103607
I looked back over every page before posting it and I didn't see it, my bad though.

trading would be so dumb, why play a game to look for stuff if someone can just hand it to you.
Well, that's the thing though.

Not everyone will "just hand it to you" when it comes to specific famed/legendary weapons unless you provide something in the return with equal or greater value.

Plus, do you know how bad the scamming would be for the first week (maybe, unless Disney makes the system right)?

A better idea would be an Auction House that's a window or location us Pirates can visit and post our ships, clothing, weapons, materials, etc, up for sale. The price will be the FINAL PRICE (unless it's a bid) and you are GUARANTEED the weapon when the bid is over or if you buy it out.

Well, that's the thing though.

Not everyone will "just hand it to you" when it comes to specific famed/legendary weapons unless you provide something in the return with equal or greater value.

Plus, do you know how bad the scamming would be for the first week (maybe, unless Disney makes the system right)?

A better idea would be an Auction House that's a window or location us Pirates can visit and post our ships, clothing, weapons, materials, etc, up for sale. The price will be the FINAL PRICE (unless it's a bid) and you are GUARANTEED the weapon when the bid is over or if you buy it out.
Exactly. i didn't literally mean it will be "just handed to you" i meant it takes the work out of the game. auction is a great idea.

i haven't played in months i'm just too busy. so trade would be good for me so i can come on once a month and get what i need lol. :cool:

Some code for trading exists in the files (just hidden within ...)

Very minimal, as if they are ready to scrap it entirely.

But, yeah, like others said: keep sending that feedback so they can prioritize it.

Back