Mac version troubles

So the launcher now has launcher and server info, but one I log in, it crashes instantly. It acknowledges that my credentials are correct, but as soon as it tries to launch the game itself, it crashes.
What version of OS X are you playing on?

Also, what's the crash? Go to /Applications/The Legend of Pirates Online.app/Game/logs and upload the most recent one.

What version of OS X are you playing on?

Also, what's the crash? Go to /Applications/The Legend of Pirates Online.app/Game/logs and upload the most recent one.
I don't have any folder like that. I right-clicked and went into 'Show Package Contents' but I didn't see a logs folder in there either. Im on 10.11. I don't have any sub-updates installed like 10.11.x.

I don't have any folder like that. I right-clicked and went into 'Show Package Contents' but I didn't see a logs folder in there either. Im on 10.11. I don't have any sub-updates installed like 10.11.x.
hm, I think the launcher is having some DYLD error.

If the launcher is now loading correctly, launch it the way you should have originally by double-clicking on the .app in your Applications.

May you type the following in terminal:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online.app/Game/libs/
export DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/Applications/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online.app/Game/Frameworks/
/Applications/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online.app/Game/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online

hm, I think the launcher is having some DYLD error.

If the launcher is now loading correctly, launch it the way you should have originally by double-clicking on the .app in your Applications.

May you type the following in terminal:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online.app/Game/libs/
export DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/Applications/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online.app/Game/Frameworks/
/Applications/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online.app/Game/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online
Thats what I got from doing that. The launcher still crashes immediately after I sign in.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 5.45.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 5.45.09 PM.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 90
Thats what I got from doing that. The launcher still crashes immediately after I sign in.
Okie Dokie, DYLD error. Missing a library... great... hehe. We'll ship this library off with the game in the next update.

Type into terminal:

brew install freetype

...and that should fix the error:

Success! Game launched with no issues! Thanks for the help. Hopefully this all helped you figure out what you guys need to add for the next Mac launcher update.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 5.52.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 5.52.33 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
Success! Game launched with no issues! Thanks for the help. Hopefully this all helped you figure out what you guys need to add for the next Mac launcher update.

The last file is about to update.. I entered that into the terminal so hopefully it works for me as well :D

The last file is about to update.. I entered that into the terminal so hopefully it works for me as well :D
After it installs, close the launcher open a new Terminal window and enter this command:

Finally, open another new window and enter this command:

brew install freetype

That should fix everything. Good luck!

After it installs, close the launcher open a new Terminal window and enter this command:

Finally, open another new window and enter this command:

brew install freetype

That should fix everything. Good luck!

Success! Thank you @Mike Wass

@Mike Wass hmmm.. I had to quit because the screen went black after I entered a room in Port Royal. I logged back in and this keeps coming up
Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 9.23.41 PM.png

What does this mean?

@Mike Wass I was on just fine a minute ago, but now its not connecting me to the servers. I can launch the game and everything, but it gives me a server error. Is that my end still do you think?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 6.24.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 6.24.53 PM.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 60
@Davy Darkrage Do you have any ideas on how to ship off libssl.dylib/libcrypto.dylib along with the launcher? It's made in Qt. I am not sure if I'd need to link these inside the bundle or not.
Not sure how you're building the launcher (macdeployqt?), but you should be able to include the libraries in the bundle or* link them statically.

Not sure how you're building the launcher (macdeployqt?), but you should be able to include the libraries in the bundle and link them statically.
Yes, we're using macdeployqt.

I don't think we're building the launcher statically. It's in a bundle with some external libs.

It looks like you could bundle the libraries in the Contents/Frameworks/ folder and use `install_name_tool` to update the dynamic links in the launcher binary. I've never built a Qt app so I'm not sure how to work this into the build process. The Qt docs seem a bit sparse on the topic and it doesn't seem like macdeployqt will handle bundling of external libs for you.

If you put the libs in the bundle does macdeployqt not include them in the build automatically?
I'm not sure if it picks them up.. I'm sure if it would it'd need to have a specific folder structure defined for it. Unless the libs are defined explicitly during execution.

It looks like you could bundle the libraries in the Contents/Frameworks/ folder and use `install_name_tool` to update the dynamic links in the launcher binary. I've never built a Qt app so I'm not sure how to work this into the build process. The Qt docs seem a bit sparse on the topic.
Okay, I'll read up further on this.

I've never built one before either, I wrote a launcher for TLOPO in Python (<3) but it didn't like the web APIs SSL. So we had to ditch that... they have a launcher in C++ that I wrote the mac support onto and built in the Qt Creator studio thing.

Beyond that I have no clue what it is.

Am I the only one who read this and it made no sense? Lol
:cool: We're tech junkies, :p

I'm not sure if it picks them up.. I'm sure if it would it'd need to have a specific folder structure defined for it. Unless the libs are defined explicitly during execution.
You'd think you'd be able to drop them in a folder or specify them when doing the build and have it bundle and relink them for you, but from what I'm reading it only does that for Qt itself. Seems like a bit of an oversight, but I'm not too familiar with Qt tooling so what do I know.

Okay, I'll read up further on this.

I've never built one before either, I wrote a launcher for TLOPO in Python (<3) but it didn't like the web APIs SSL. So we had to ditch that... they have a launcher in C++ that I wrote the mac support onto and built in the Qt Creator studio thing.

Beyond that I have no clue what it is.
Check out http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/osx-deployment.html#linking-the-application-to-qt-as-frameworks

It explains how you'd do this for Qt itself (which is basically what macdeployqt is doing for you), but you can adapt the instructions (particularly those for otool and install_name_tool) for any dylib.

Qt is basically just a framework for creating (cross-platform) GUI apps (like Panda is to games). It's supposed to be pretty good for what it is, but being in C++ I've never touched it myself.

Am I the only one who read this and it made no sense? Lol
:cool: We're tech junkies, :p
;)

Back