Mature Server?

Mature Server?

• yes

• nah fam

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just use Discord if ya want more what I sense you mean by mature. The game should avoid getting involved with foul language and “adult “ subject matter, it’s a risk that need not be accepted.
What if players want to talk to each other in-game in an "adult" way?

What if players want to talk to each other in-game in an "adult" way?
Since I'm so social an all...I never really noticed, but is the whisper chat mode filtered as well? Seems to me that a whisper mode could be a little more lax about syntax.

So what do u guys think?

edit: I also want to add that club penguin rewritten added such a server, a good exemple of a *friendly* game
If one looked at it in a programmy way, we know that the chat system is most likely 100% auto robotic filtering system. Thus the white list where humans check the submissions and decide if they are to acceptable rules and then they insert them into the auto program.
I don't believe human intervention is done until the last resort. This whole game runs like that probably.
How the staff owners came to use this particular in game chat system isn't really relevant to my point, but they are using a standalone or incorporated piece of software and may or may not have the rights or capacity to alter it too much. Perhaps adding a whole nother level or mode in chat isn't doable. Like having separate channels such as trade, general, guild... etc.

The staff may want to do something but are not able for various reasons beyond our knowledge or control. Guess I have not much else to contribute new to this subject.

I kind of like the idea of trying to keep it clean... what do you really need to say on a game like this that you can't already. The only plus is that it might get a few of the more foul-mouthed people out of the way where they can annoy each other:cool:

I kind of like the idea of trying to keep it clean... what do you really need to say on a game like this that you can't already. The only plus is that it might get a few of the more foul-mouthed people out of the way where they can annoy each other:cool:
i need to be able to call people simps

Since I'm so social an all...I never really noticed, but is the whisper chat mode filtered as well? Seems to me that a whisper mode could be a little more lax about syntax.
It's the same for all the chat options.

The excuse is always because of disney but then the developers create this game and continue to tweak it and add stuff, if they really were in a "gray area with disney" then why risk making this game and continue to add and tweak stuff if there's no permission? It's kind of like following certain rules whenever you want to instead of following those rules all the time.
Think of it this way: You're driving down the road and enjoying the ride, the speed limit is 40, when you see a cop on the shoulder with a radar gun, you look at your speedometer and it shows you are 5 over so what are the chances you will be pulled over? Ok, now you do it again but this time you are 35 over, now what are your chances of being pulled over? Disney is like that police officer, you are breaking the rules in both cases but in the first case you are mostly behaving yourself and you weren't much beyond the rules so there is doubt that you were aware you were breaking the rules but as you get more in the blatant disregard for the rules category you start to insult their intelligence and integrity.

Think of it this way: You're driving down the road and enjoying the ride, the speed limit is 40, when you see a cop on the shoulder with a radar gun, you look at your speedometer and it shows you are 5 over so what are the chances you will be pulled over? Ok, now you do it again but this time you are 35 over, now what are your chances of being pulled over? Disney is like that police officer, you are breaking the rules in both cases but in the first case you are mostly behaving yourself and you weren't much beyond the rules so there is doubt that you were aware you were breaking the rules but as you get more in the blatant disregard for the rules category you start to insult their intelligence and integrity.
Rules are rules you should still get pulled over. Another example you could use is jaywalking, you know it's against the law but you only do it when there aren't any cars nearby but you still shouldn't do it since again rules are rules. Also who knows maybe the cop still pulls you over for going over the speed limit ( which he should ) but I guess that depends on the cop, I've heard stories where cops buy people food instead of arresting them.

Rules are rules you should still get pulled over. Another example you could use is jaywalking, you know it's against the law but you only do it when there aren't any cars nearby but you still shouldn't do it since again rules are rules. Also who knows maybe the cop still pulls you over for going over the speed limit ( which he should ) but I guess that depends on the cop, I've heard stories where cops buy people food instead of arresting them.
Yes, rules are rules but that is a circular argument and beside the point; which is that we all know the rules are being broken and must assess the risk that Disney will see the rule braking as a bad reflection on them. At this point they have no plans to restart the game and the TLOPO developers are running the game in the same manner that Disney would have so the infraction is not very egregious but once tlopo starts drifting far from Disney's core values it is likely that they will shut it down just as the cop will not likely shut you down for 5 over but will shut you down every time for double the speed limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back