Loot MEGATHREAD: Bad Loot

Should loot skulls be allowed to spawn such trash?

• Yes

Votes: 61 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 145 70.4%

• Total voters
screenshot_2017-08-07_12-57-19.jpg

Just leaving this out here:rescue:

I think what currently is a "loot skull chest" (3/5 drop rating) should just be a normal chest (unless there's a rare in there, can't remember if rares are also 3/5)

That way you see skull chests less often, but when you do you know it's something good. Good stuff wouldn't drop any less, just 3/5 rating drops would look like regular chests.

On the topic of brights in loot, I don't believe there is any specific chest type in which they can be found. They are just different clothing types that the community deemed more valuable (correct me if this notion is incorrect).

LOL,
It's been said many times how loot is, well, disappointing.
But sometimes it isn't.
But to share a very disappointing sail run, I submit this,
screenshot_2017-08-14_02-17-13.jpg

You might think such a bounty would be just loaded with all sorts of rare mats, like steel, oak and silk (well, there's a good amount of silk), but you'd be dead wrong, sadly...
Look how much regular mat came in those 2 measly chests!
And look at that loot! LOL!
I think I got every one of the dud cutlasses in that run, as most are below the screen and cannot be shown due to lack of a scroll bar.
seriously.jpg

EDIT - That's actually the wrong loot, I have so many like this, lol. I'll update as soon as I find the correct one for this run!

Attachments

• seriously.jpg
    seriously.jpg
    752.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:
I personally just want to see loot based off of level of the enemy defeated and level of your pirate. Low levels shouldn't even have a chance of getting famed or legendary, and 45-50 enemies shouldn't drop weapons that require weapon level 3. Rare is fine, incredibly low drop rates for good gear. But we're so sick of crude or common weapons out of farming high level enemies for hours. We dont want cheat cards. We want gold and gear that is at least worth selling at top level looting.

You know you've had a bad day when... View attachment 86194 View attachment 86195 View attachment 86198 View attachment 86199 View attachment 86200 View attachment 86202 View attachment 86193After a while it gets extremely frustrating finding better loot in loot pouches... please fix this... I've got 25 more pictures of this but I cannot upload them all onto one thread.
lol I have a 100 that is this bad or worse in a row at that lol. But the main thing is at least we get to plunder again.

Clearly the reworking of the loot system may have added more junk to leave behind, like the old cannon ram and faded sea chart, among the typical pointless loot. However, it seems loot has worked itself in general to a poorer state, not a better one. I'm not sure what the devs meant when announcing the loot overhaul, but a recent foray into the catacombs reveals just how bad it is.

Here's just a few, that were dropping way to frequently and were not worth the effort to collect. Note the similarities to the loot pouch included, which was actually better than all the loot skulls for overall value, etc.

Loot Skulls so bad.jpg

Back