Graphics Problem MEGATHREAD: DirectX (d3dx9_42.dll) issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I had the same issue but got it resolved. You need to finish the DXSETUP as well. Just find were you saved all these newly downloaded files and run DXSETUP and it should work properly now with all the other settings (IE run as adminstrator, openGL). Included an image here as well.
TLOPODXSETUP.PNG

How do you "apply" the package? For me, my log keeps saying "Could not find icon filename resources/phase_4/etc/Pirates_Adds. ico" as a final line before crashing.
@Silent One summed it up very well.
Hey everyone! I had the same issue but got it resolved. You need to finish the DXSETUP as well. Just find were you saved all these newly downloaded files and run DXSETUP and it should work properly now with all the other settings (IE run as adminstrator, openGL). Included an image here as well.View attachment 82469

I'd try relogging if you haven't already. Relogging usually can fix a lot of problems.
Hi Stephen. Brand new to Pirates but not to gaming. After 3 reinstalls game came up, wouldn't open, after installing DXruntime9 or something that the forums suggested, the game then allowed me to play for a short while. I was crashed out at the graveyard and never could get the game to reload. I was only on for maybe 40 minutes of my reserved time but thought it said an hour at least.

Is there a time warning on screen that I missed? And is there any kind of dialog during login that tells one they are out of time?
Right now I get no input from the game as the logins sometimes go to a pirate load screen but get no further.

By now my time is up so it probably wouldn't do me any good to try again now.

I'll try to find the reserve spot input and get another time slot.

Thanks.

Hi Stephen. Brand new to Pirates but not to gaming. After 3 reinstalls game came up, wouldn't open, after installing DXruntime9 or something that the forums suggested, the game then allowed me to play for a short while. I was crashed out at the graveyard and never could get the game to reload. I was only on for maybe 40 minutes of my reserved time but thought it said an hour at least.

Is there a time warning on screen that I missed? And is there any kind of dialog during login that tells one they are out of time?
Right now I get no input from the game as the logins sometimes go to a pirate load screen but get no further.

By now my time is up so it probably wouldn't do me any good to try again now.

I'll try to find the reserve spot input and get another time slot.

Thanks.
I'm not sure what to say, or how to fix this. It is day one though, some issues will pop up. I know for a fact the staff is trying really hard to fix these issues. I hope you're able to get in!

Windows 10
Nice. The high seas looks ugly around the Padres del Fuego area so I figured it might be due to me using OpenGL. I'm unable to play using DirectX 9 on Windows 10 (after installing runtime library as well as the DX9 setup).

Nice. The high seas looks ugly around the Padres del Fuego area so I figured it might be due to me using OpenGL. I'm unable to play using DirectX 9 on Windows 10 (after installing runtime library as well as the DX9 setup).

Same here, launcher doesn't launch the game if I am in DX9

I'm not sure what to say, or how to fix this. It is day one though, some issues will pop up. I know for a fact the staff is trying really hard to fix these issues. I hope you're able to get in!
I fully understand day ones. No complaints. I will only post here about technical issues not play-ability like why so many ships are attacking and such, that's like ingame stuff. Those are important concerns, but i just want to be comfortable with the game function itself.

I was wondering if I was supposed to see a times up message or something. Also, is there some way for the designers to put in a small window telling people what may have broke? Perhaps it's on the forums, but do I have a error log in the folders somewhere that may help the crew?

thanks again.

Same here, launcher doesn't launch the game if I am in DX9
I wonder if it could be something like finding your launcher icon, right click and set 'run as administrator' and also run in compatible mode as well. This is just a suggestion that can be tried with almost 100% no risk to the game or your system and is completely reversible. I will not second guess the game designers or suggest anything that involves Pirates game mechanics OR will not be reversible on windows.
ONLY things we can try on our windows systems independent of Pirates. Also, no one knows me from diddly doo so why even pay attention to me. lol. But that's my nature, sorry.

Adding a directx runtime should not disrupt what is already on the computer. It is only adding what the game requires at whatever time they worked on it.

Pirates did work with my win7 home professional for a minute.
Everything in game seemed to be functioning and graphic wise also. I was pleasantly surprised to see I could run the game in my screen res as well.

I have not given up the ship by no means, mate.

Last edited:
If anybody can help me, that'd be great. Whenever I get past the login and update pages, it'll jump to the loading screen and immediately crash, giving me the 'tlopo.exe has stopped working'. My crash logs tell me at the final line "Could not find icon filename resources/phase_4/etc/Pirates_Adds.ico"
Here's a pic to illustrate my issue. thanks for the help!
Capture.PNG

I decided to redownload as well. At first, it would freeze up when getting files, and now it cant find the version info or news.

I have also done all the above steps by downloading the directx system and such, but I am still getting the error message saying "The program can't start because d3dx9_42 is still missing from your computer." I have also reinstalled it a couple of times, any suggestions?

Having a bad problem installing the game. Keeps coming up as *program cannot start because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from computer. !!! I have Windows 10 ... Help !!!

I was finally able to get past the d3dx9_42.dll issue thanks to a post on the forum, but now the game won't load beyond 85%! I've been trying to play the game for two hours with no luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back