MEGATHREAD: Hunters/Warships/Ship Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the fact that they sail through islands is comical and needs patching I like the fact that they are so fast. What better way to hunt their bounty than to sail by at 20 knots and unleash a devastating broadside?

I've figured out their AI pattern, and it's not easy. They circle and circle, but be ready for them to stop. Then fire and turn left, then fire again (or right, depending on which side they stop). You'll nail 'em both times with broadsides. But I also found it's best to ignore them, like most pests in the game, and keep sailing, knowing that when they stop you can hit em every so often.

Do you have to start firing just before they stop? And are you going in a big circle or just stationary? Or a tight circle?

Do you have to start firing just before they stop? And are you going in a big circle or just stationary? Or a tight circle?
When I see them coming, I always stop for them, and then they stop and I move and swing the broadsides into them.

We got a full ship of mats and cannot port anywhere. No message displayed as what port should go to, tried to switch captains, log out and back in, boarded ships, checked all islands and nothing. Is there a way to land?
Just a heads up, I finally got it, so maybe this is the work around bug. Unfortunately only captain gets the loot.
In the end everyone left the ship so I just tp off the ship trying to switch server. I ended up on land on same server (Abassa) and my ship was available empty. I relaunched the ship, i ported right away and then got all loot.
How often do you guys experience this issue since last update?

Last edited:
Yes, I see you posted a work around, just letting you know that staff is aware of the issue. In your work around, can the people who left the ship teleport back after you relaunch it so they get their share as well? Were the hunters there waiting when you launched, and did you end up on the island you launched from?

Yes, I see you posted a work around, just letting you know that staff is aware of the issue. In your work around, can the people who left the ship teleport back after you relaunch it so they get their share as well? Were the hunters there waiting when you launched, and did you end up on the island you launched from?
Unfortunately only captain gets the loot.
I just tp off the ship
Obviously, the staff is aware and working on the issue. Meantime if anyone gets a work around this lets post it.

Last edited:
Seems to be fixed now(?),,, I chose abassa from drop down but was sent to jovecinto?(spelling*). Ports kept changing, but landed finally on devils. Loot seemed short according to crew comments, but I don't think they did a full run.

*****Scratch this...I took out my own ship on that server and the port choices after full jolly flag never appeared...tried all the ports we usually do with my parade of hunters etc. never found an open port. Not sure if it was being worked on before, or something the captain did...dunno..back to abassa!

Last edited:
Yeah, but where that should be, there is nothing. No devil's anvil, tortuga, port royal, just blank space under the compass. So I basically couldn't port anywhere
People in my guild have this issue all the time. I'm sure this is something the devs are working on, seems nearly game breaking! :(

i was juts farming them today in a low level ship with no upgrades, barely taking any dmg, if they should be difficult/rewarding to fight ithey shouldnt be so easy beaten, i just sail in front left or right of him and do endless circles while he cant shoot me with cannons or broadsides, the only one that hits me this way is sloop cuz its the most maneuverable i suppose

I'm going to be soon compiling a large list of bugs, but wanted to comment on the inability to port. Although I've yet to find a workaround, I have, I think, found a way to prevent it. I believe it's connected to the timer they added for warships in one of the recent updates. Essentially, when you reach scoundrel rank 3 (bounty hunters) a timer starts ticking, in the background of the game, and when it's up, they (are supposed to) start sending warships. What I think I've found, is that, if you beat the timer, meaning you acquire warships before the timer expires, everything should work as normal. If you DON'T, and the timer expires, making you scoundrel rank 4, warships won't spawn, and you won't be able to port.

TL;DR - Once you reach scoundrel rank 3 (bounty hunters, skull and two bones) sink as many ships as you can, until you are promoted to scoundrel rank 4

The game put me at Level 4 where the ports closed down and the SofL are after me but it never gave me a port to dock at so I was stuck at sea, had to TP to get off.

The icon indicating what level your at randomly changed with no announcement while I was in the process of sinking a Hunter. I checked what felt like every island twice with no success.

The game put me at Level 4 where the ports closed down and the SofL are after me but it never gave me a port to dock at so I was stuck at sea, had to TP to get off.

The icon indicating what level your at randomly changed with no announcement while I was in the process of sinking a Hunter. I checked what felt like every island twice with no success.
See my previous post :) I think there is an issue with the internal timer they added in 1.1.7. Essentially, if the timer runs out and they automatically increase your scoundrel rank, you won't be able to port. Best work around I've found thus far, is to sink as many ships as possible, to try and increase your scoundrel rank before it does it automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back