MEGATHREAD: Login and launcher issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time playing tonight, certainly pushing all the right nostalgia buttons! I've run into a problem trying to complete Barbossa's pistol tutorial on Devil's Anvil. Every time the first cut scene with Barbossa ends the game immediately crashes to the launcher. I've tried multiple times with the same result, sometimes crashing mid cut scene but usually right as the scene ends and gameplay should resume. There is a noticeable frame drop as well during the cut scene as well. Not sure if Barbossa's more complex geometry is the culprit, but the cut scene run noticeably worse than all other parts of the game I've seen.

Thanks for the incredible effort that went into this beta, never thought I'd play pirates online again. Hope this bug can be identified, since it seems to affect players just starting the game.

Crash when speaking an NPC named: "T-Bones the Bouncer"

Attachments

• tlopo-170523_074204.log
    31.6 KB · Views: 72
  • tlopo-170523_064846.log
    23.7 KB · Views: 64
  • tlopo-170523_053543.log
    149.4 KB · Views: 109
I've been wanting to get back into the game since I got a key way back, but I keep getting this error message. When I press Try Again it loads, but I try to create a character and it gets stuck at 30% when loading the Jail. I'd appreciate any help!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 116
I cant even get pass the Launcher... It will patch 1-7 then when it patches at 1-4.. it magically stops...... And my cousin loaded the game successfully (somehow... must be magic). And crashed at tutorial... then he said OK, tried to start the game back up and it crashed LOLOL what is this?

Been trying to log in for 2 days (for the first time, ever!) Finally got to updates, and everything seemed to be good, then got an error that file d3dx9_42.dll was missing and the program could not proceed. I downloaded the newest file, reinstalled everything twice, and it still does not seem to be loading the driver file.

I have 2 problems, when i open up the game by right clicking and pressing run as administrator, the d3dx9_42.dll pops up when i try to log in, but when i just double click on the shortcut, and login, it opens the game for like less than a millisecond, closes, and asks me for my password again. But it doesn't have the notification about the d3dx9_42.dll. PLEASE HELP ME I JUST WANNA PLAY

Been trying to log in for 2 days (for the first time, ever!) Finally got to updates, and everything seemed to be good, then got an error that file d3dx9_42.dll was missing and the program could not proceed. I downloaded the newest file, reinstalled everything twice, and it still does not seem to be loading the driver file.

Reinstalled DirectX, reinstlled the game, and now the launcher crashes as it attempts to load the game. Got the following error msg:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: tlopo.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5911cad7
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23796
Fault Module Timestamp: 59028db3
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004eb83
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I have 2 problems, when i open up the game by right clicking and pressing run as administrator, the d3dx9_42.dll pops up when i try to log in, but when i just double click on the shortcut, and login, it opens the game for like less than a millisecond, closes, and asks me for my password again. But it doesn't have the notification about the d3dx9_42.dll. PLEASE HELP ME I JUST WANNA PLAY
Put the d3dx9_42.dll in the System32 folder then try again.

I'm having a launcher issue too. I try to log in (reserved a time-slot) and it says "Checking for updates" but the bar doesn't load. After a while the launcher resets and asks me to log in again - I've been trying to log in since last night. Any advice? Should I just keep trying? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back