MEGATHREAD: Login and launcher issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crashing immediately after the Barbossa pistol cutscene. I've tried on high and low quality settings and on multiple servers. Attached is the log.

Thanks for the support, had a useful conversation with someone claiming to be a dev who pointed me to the log files and was very kind about helping.

Attachments

• tlopo-170523_221213.log
    33.4 KB · Views: 87
Crashing immediately after the Barbossa pistol cutscene. I've tried on high and low quality settings and on multiple servers. Attached is the log.

Thanks for the support, had a useful conversation with someone claiming to be a dev who pointed me to the log files and was very kind about helping.
Hey Mad Elias! Thanks for posting your log! We will do our best to take care of this as soon as possible.

Hey Mad Elias! Thanks for posting your log! We will do our best to take care of this as soon as possible.
Thanks! I just messaged you but clearly you found this easily enough. Your support in game was great, I really appreciate the work you guys put in.

For the first time, I scheduled a PlayTime slot yesterday at 12:00 P.M. EST.

To my dismay, I launched the game, and I continuously received this error after the loading screen:
upload_2017-5-24_9-28-26.png

For THREE hours--my complete PlayTime--I constantly tried the connection. As per MMDR's advice on another thread, I made sure TLOPO was not running in the background on Task Manager before attempting another try. Each time I restarted the launcher, I received the same error message, the only difference being prod-gs-(1,2,3,4)..etc.

Today, I scheduled a PlayTime for 9:00 A.M. EST, hoping less traffic on the servers would allow me to finally reach the Character Screen. As of right now, the error remains. This time, I WILL NOT be relentlessly trying for three hours on end.

If anyone is wondering, I have scanned the forums to see if anyone else was experiencing the issue, and apparently it's somewhat common...though no fix.

I'm worried the problem could be on my end, however I've allowed TLOPO through my firewall, and AVG is disabled. Yes, I'm using OpenGL. Yes, I've installed DirectX.

Have you reinstalled the game completely?

Removing every folder and installing the game again?

I assume you clicked on the "OK" As well when that appeared?

I've had no issues connecting but i do get that same message when i try to get to character screen but all i do is click OK and it connects me.

I don't know any fix for this unfortunately. Something is blocking your connection. Try running as admin idk

Have you reinstalled the game completely?

Removing every folder and installing the game again?

I assume you clicked on the "OK" As well when that appeared?

I've had no issues connecting but i do get that same message when i try to get to character screen but all i do is click OK and it connects me.
Yep, I've un-installed and re-installed the game, though I haven't deleted every file within the tlopo folder....I'll try this now.

To clarify, I click "OK" like 20 times and it still doesn't connect..

Try reinstalling without your anti-virus on, never know when they delete files.(Not only AVG even Windows Defender if thats active in some way)

It should be able to connect...

Have you also tried completely disabling the firewall and connecting again?

Or like Divine mentioned, Run as administrator?

There is many issues with the connection error but is often solved by just clicking OK.

Try reinstalling without your anti-virus on, never know when they delete files.(Not only AVG even Windows Defender if thats active in some way)

It should be able to connect...

Have you also tried completely disabling the firewall and connecting again?

Or like Divine mentioned, Run as administrator?

There is many issues with the connection error but is often solved by just clicking OK.
O.K. I just tried running the game with Windows Firewall completely disabled and still no luck...

That is one issue you got going on there, you tried restarting your internet as well?

I am not really an expert when it comes to this issue but i've mentioned every possible way that could solve it...

I do think that a complete reinstall should work though unless its on your internet itself.

That is one issue you got going on there, you tried restarting your internet as well?

I am not really an expert when it comes to this issue but i've mentioned every possible way that could solve it...

I do think that a complete reinstall should work though unless its on your internet itself.
I have a feeling the problem is my internet. If that's the case would port forwarding work? Just a guess...

My logs are attached.
I'm 95% sure the problem is on my side.
If my internet is treating TLOPO as a DOS, I don't know how to allow the connections through my router...

Attachments

• tlopo-170524_104428.log
    10.6 KB · Views: 79
This could be a bugged account. Have you tried logging in with a different account? Were you able to play in alpha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back