MEGATHREAD: Login and launcher issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be a bugged account. Have you tried logging in with a different account? Were you able to play in alpha?
The account I created was created Tuesday. I do not have a beta key. I will try making another account tomorrow, however I highly doubt that is the underlying issue.

1. Super duper duper super duper long loading screens after teleporting using the map, changing servers using the map, or boarding a public ship.

2. Not able to leave current crew.

3. Spawning under the map after tp to friends or tp using the map.

I was doing part of the grenade unlock quest line on Kingshead. I finished what I needed to do, and logged out, in order to shortcut back to the last home island I visited, Port Royal.

When I tried to logout, the game crashed. I logged back in, and the game got stuck at a loading screen to Port Royal, at 30% completion.

I logged out and back in a few times, each time the loading screen got stuck at 30%.

*Edit* After waiting around 10 minutes, and logging out and in a few more times, I selected a preferred server in the hopes that it would make the game transfer my character data when it tried to load the world. I don't know if that actually did anything, but I was able to load in successfully.

Port Royal Load Screen 30%.jpg

I reinstalled and it worked. However, I had to restart a bit later. The same problem occurred, but this time since I didnt change any setting, I could see the percentage. It gets stuck at 30%.

Hey Everyone, I'm having two problems. At first when I finished downloading all the updates and the actual game appears, I get "Could not connect to prod-gs-2.tlopo.com:7967. Try again?" And I proceed to click Ok, after that it all works fine until I start loading the Jail screen, it gets stuck at 30% (like everyone else) and the whole program says (NOT RESPONDING) as if it can't load the files. :(
(This is my first time reserving a play time and trying to get into the game)

With the prod-gs-#.tlopo.com:7969 the number changes every time I start up the game, so far I've only had 1-4..

Here is a picture showing the 30% problem: http://imgur.com/a/2Hy5o

Last edited:
I had that missing dll file error logging in.. so I downloaded it from an external source and now I get this
error_2.png

Tried literally everything to fix it. Even installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and still doesn't work. It's not an account thing because I have more than one account and tried to log in on both and its not a computer thing because it doesn't work on my laptop as well as my PC.
There's something wrong with the tlopo.exe itself and its not fair :(

I play on Windows 7 and recently reinstalled TLOPO when Beta reopened, (played beta for a while before without issue) and whenever I attempt to update the files, the launcher randomly kicks me to the login and will not finish updating. Been trying for a few hours now, reinstalling didn't help, doesn't seem to be a firewall issue as there wasn't one before.

I've been having problems updating also!! Never had problems prior to this new TLOPO UPDATE either!!
It won't let me finish updating and keeps saying I'm missing a dll. Been a few days and it's really frustrating.

I don't get a dll message, i just get insta-kicked to login. Edit: So, it might just be this latest update eh? Well, that's slightly relieving.

Eh its prob their end their auto updates are bad. Tbh even for me.... I dunno why they don't fix it.

Maybe the launcher isn't compatible with windows 7? I think it would be but maybe a new update screwed it up.

idk. tried everything and I still can't launch the game. I have about givin up at this point
I had the same frustrations as you, and all of the same errors. I am running Windows 10 with DirectX 12. I finally got it working by uninstalling TLOPO, and the files I had copied manually. Then I rebooted. Then I ran the DirectX install found at:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35.

Pretty sure I had tried that one earlier, but for whatever reason it worked this time.

Has anyone else run into this error when trying to log in? I uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled the program at least 4 times and I still get this error. :( I finally got a morning off from work and reserved a play time. Spent the play time trying to figure out why this keeps popping up.

It will go to updating file 12/12, the launcher closes for a moment like the game will start then it pops up

upload_2017-5-25_12-26-40.png

Has anyone else run into this error when trying to log in? I uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled the program at least 4 times and I still get this error. :( I finally got a morning off from work and reserved a play time. Spent the play time trying to figure out why this keeps popping up.

It will go to updating file 12/12, the launcher closes for a moment like the game will start then it pops up

View attachment 82761
Install DirectX to fix it. Even if you dont set it to use directx, installing it will give you the file needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back