MEGATHREAD: Login and launcher issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to log in for 2 days (for the first time, ever!) Finally got to updates, and everything seemed to be good, then got an error that file d3dx9_42.dll was missing and the program could not proceed. I downloaded the newest file, reinstalled everything twice, and it still does not seem to be loading the driver file.
Are you using OpenGL?

Been trying to log in for 2 days (for the first time, ever!) Finally got to updates, and everything seemed to be good, then got an error that file d3dx9_42.dll was missing and the program could not proceed. I downloaded the newest file, reinstalled everything twice, and it still does not seem to be loading the driver file.

https://piratesforums.co/threads/fixing-the-missing-d3dx9_42-dll.18681/

Edit: I haven't had this issue so I can't say for sure that this works.
Edit 2: You could also try OpenGL in the Display Options on the launcher menu.

I ran updates for my operating system and reinstalled, and I am IN!!!! Woot woot!!!
Kate Callebain is on the loose once again! Thanks for the replies. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself lol! Now where did I stash that sword and revolver? Hmmmm.......

I'm having a launcher issue too. I try to log in (reserved a time-slot) and it says "Checking for updates" but the bar doesn't load. After a while the launcher resets and asks me to log in again - I've been trying to log in since last night. Any advice? Should I just keep trying? :)
I went to window updates and found I had several I had not installed that were not critical. Not sure which one did the trick, but once my Windows updated, everything worked.

If there is an error code, maybe this thread can provide some insight.
  1. been trying to log in for 2 days (for the first time, ever!) Finally got to updates, and everything seemed to be good, then got an error that file d3dx9_42.dll was missing and the program could not proceed. I downloaded the newest file, reinstalled everything twice, and it still does not seem to be loading the driver file.i cannot log into game at all

im having the same problem too

Crash when trying to get the quest "Defeat enemies" from King's Arm (Tortuga beach tavern) bartender.

Have been able to replicate numerous times. After selecting the "Quest" option on the dialog, it proceeds to the next step, where pressing "Defeat Enemies" immediately causes the crash. Have not tried other NPCs with similar quests. Log attached.

Attachments

• tlopo-170523_181553.log
    26.5 KB · Views: 100
Talked To butcher brown during tattoo Quest in Tortuga it was like bad batch or rancid batch. any way upon pressing shift to talk to him it crashed.

While healing guild mates at DH, my pirate froze in place for up to 45 seconds. Has happened several times this evening.
Valor Server

Do you have it set to DirectX in "Display Options" on the launcher? If so try switching to OpenGL and see if that works

I have tried switching to Open GL and that didn't work either.
I cant try tonight because my time slot isn't until Wednesday night late. So I will have to try everything again tomorrow night .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back