MEGATHREAD: Login and launcher issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I solved my issue. Here is what happened. It may or may not be related to the update.

My TLOPO.EXE file has become locked. I can't even delete it as an administrator. Therefore, the update downloads, attempts to extract and replace the file, and fails. No error message. I downloaded the installer and installed in a new directory. Works fine.

what operating system platform are you using Windows 7/8.1/10 or Mac? In Windows systems the default folder location is C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO and the launcher is C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO\launcher.exe - you can manually create a shortcut on your desktop from here - if your system launcher path has been corrupted. please note that if the path has been corrupted you may want to look into the reason it has become corrupted, this could indicate possible malware, corrupted application install or compatibility issue.

When I got into my TLOPO file I don't have a launch.exe one. It's just not there like it just doesn't get downloaded.

Have you tried turning off your antivirus while downloading? It very well could be your avp is blocking parts of the files from being downloaded.

So i have been having a problem when logging into tlopo. what happens is when i enter my username and password i get the normal "checking for updates" bar. Sometimes it loads all the way sometimes it doesnt, but that doesnt effect the problem. After that loading is finished my launcher disappears as though the game is launching but only for a split second and then the launcher reappears. some of my guild members have recommended to launch cmd to see what the error is but no scripts show up. i checked and this laptop is compatible with pirates online. i have tried redownloading many times and still the crash happens. anyone else having this problem or a similar problem.

here is a link to a video of my problem: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1emuOOuisdIcDlZc0lNSEN3bFE

So i have been having a problem when logging into tlopo. what happens is when i enter my username and password i get the normal "checking for updates" bar. Sometimes it loads all the way sometimes it doesnt, but that doesnt effect the problem. After that loading is finished my launcher disappears as though the game is launching but only for a split second and then the launcher reappears. some of my guild members have recommended to launch cmd to see what the error is but no scripts show up. i checked and this laptop is compatible with pirates online. i have tried redownloading many times and still the crash happens. anyone else having this problem or a similar problem.

here is a link to a video of my problem: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1emuOOuisdIcDlZc0lNSEN3bFE

game starts to load after launcher then says tlopo.exe has stopped working ... i have tried 3 times and getting the same result :( any ideas?
go to task manager, click more details, then the details tab, find tlopo.exe, right click then press on set priority, then click realtime

Hey there. Not sure if this has been solved before, so I'm just gonna ask here.

After logging into the launcher and after having the launcher look for updates and auto-launch the game, the game will launch in a small, black window and then just crash. If anyone could help me out, that'd be grand.

Cheers.
having same problem havent found solution

Now that's an interesting problem.

Try the following and see if one of them fixes this......

1. Disable your antivirus/set TLOPO as an exception for whatever antivirus you may have. Do the same with your firewall or add TLOPO as an exception to that (Should be in the firewall exception list by default but it never hurts to check).

2. Allow TLOPO to run with administrator privileges. You can do this by right clicking TLOPO and choosing properties then selecting the compatibility tab.

3. Click on display options and select OpenGL (If you don't have TLOPO set to that).

4. If all else fails send an email to support@tlopo.com with the video link included and MMDR or Cheysa Finn can help you.

As a side question is your laptop Windows or Mac?

Now that's an interesting problem.

Try the following and see if one of them fixes this......

1. Disable your antivirus/set TLOPO as an exception for whatever antivirus you may have. Do the same with your firewall or add TLOPO as an exception to that (Should be in the firewall exception list by default but it never hurts to check).

2. Allow TLOPO to run with administrator privileges. You can do this by right clicking TLOPO and choosing properties then selecting the compatibility tab.

3. Click on display options and select OpenGL (If you don't have TLOPO set to that).

4. If all else fails send an email to support@tlopo.com with the video link included and MMDR or Cheysa Finn can help you.

As a side question is your laptop Windows or Mac?
Thanks for the reply I'll try these steps in a moment, I am on a windows laptop

Interesting, I'm experiencing that EXACT problem on my Mac. Hoping for a fix soon! :( I do know that the reason it's not launching is because I'm running the new macOS 10.13 and not because of any antivirus or security firewall preventing it from launching. Hoping they'll extend compatibility with the new update before it releases to the public! :p

I need help. I downloaded and installed everything. Everytime I try to launch the game it says tlopo.exe has stopped responding. What should I do?

I need help. I downloaded and installed everything. Everytime I try to launch the game it says tlopo.exe has stopped responding. What should I do?

@AirBornNinja

YcXNzme.png

Check here for more info https://piratesforums.co/threads/crashes-caused-by-memory-leak-workaround.11642/

also, are you running in a compatibility mode? I had to run compatibility mode for win 7 to play on my win 10 computer, or I would get that error. If my game cache folder went over a certain amount I would get that often, so I empty it during long sessions. (The game ceiling was increased in an update, so memory might not be the problem) Are you using compat modes? and be sure to use open gl not dx 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back