Announcement MEGATHREAD: Pypperoni Is Now Live!

The Crew

TLOPO Staff
giphy.gif

We are currently in the process of deploying the Pypperoni update onto the production servers. We had initially intended to only release the lag fix for the servers, but we had ultimately decided to just move forward with updating the game to Pypperoni tonight.

We are still in the process of deploying this update onto the production servers. It's a massive update being deployed, virtually everything changed under the hood; major performance improvements should be expected on the client and server. We are doing some quality assurance testing before the game opens back up to the public.

Very high FPS is now going to be a common thing in TLOPO. This is a big day in our game's history.

Last edited:
When to expect game being up?
We're still in the process of deploying the servers themselves and getting the infrastructure set up for Pypperoni.

It'll ultimately depend on how many bugs we encounter after moving Pypperoni onto production. If there aren't any bugs, the game will be opened much faster. We will give notice when we're getting very close, keep an eye out on status.tlopo.com or the forums.

So, Question: With the pypperoni update, is this also going to update the lobbies (BP w/ crew, etc) as well as the overall game function?
We're splitting up the update up into a series of releases. Given how massive of an update each one is individually, we feel it's the safest thing to do to ensure server stability.

Part 1 - Pypperoni.
Part 2 - Lobbies.
Part 3 - CTC.

Prod is still undergoing maintenance, we are having our Test Server and Quality Assurance testers running the version being deployed on production right now on the Test + QA server, and are fixing any additional minor bugs as they are identified.

This, in a perfect world, this Pypperoni update is going to be the most polished version of POTCO that anyone has ever played before. Check out some of the videos on YouTube showing off the Pypperoni performance.

One of our Test Server players, a tester who doesn't have a very powerful computer, live streamed last night. You can see his performance in the video below. He didn't drop below 60FPS much at all - even while streaming on his computer!

The biggest fear we're have right now though is the sheer amount of code that has changed going onto production. There's a high chance that a district reset could occur. In order to do our VERY best to prevent this, we have been Quality Assurance testing this code exhaustively for the past 2 years. Additionally, we launched a whole Test Server in December 2019 dedicated for it; so we're really hoping that isn't the case.

Will it be up at all today?
Yes, believe so; we have been working non-stop on this since last night when the update started. We intend to have it open as soon as possible.

Very excited about this! Take as long as you need!
AFTER ALL THEESE YEARS. MY PRAYERS WERE HEARD!!!
Awesome... thanks for all you guys do. Definitely looking forward to the update.
Of course, take your time. Worth the effort and whatever time it takes.
Excellent.
I'm so glad that Jolly Roger finally fixed the servers, and now he's giving us pypperoni.
Glad you're excited! We sincerely hope you all enjoy the update. We have been pouring our sweat, blood, and souls into this update behind the scenes for years.

This is why there's been a content drought, we've been focusing on getting Pypperoni finished. So you betcha to expect more fun content coming after Pypperoni drops in the coming weeks/months - we'll be able to dedicate our full attention to it.

Yes, believe so; we have been working non-stop on this since last night when the update started. We intend to have it open as soon as possible.
Glad you're excited! We sincerely hope you all enjoy the update. We have been pouring our sweat, blood, and souls into this update behind the scenes for years.
This is why there's been a content drought, we've been focusing on getting Pypperoni finished. So you betcha to expect more fun content coming after Pypperoni drops in the coming weeks/months - we'll be able to dedicate our full attention to it.
I haven't played TLOPO for a little over 2 years now and all I can say is that you guys have done an amazing job fixing the game. I came back this week and the game is much more playable, I remember it would always crash and was really irritating to play. I'm excited to see this update in action and compare it to before the update.

thanks for your hardwork . you guys are great!

I haven't played TLOPO for a little over 2 years now and all I can say is that you guys have done an amazing job fixing the game. I came back this week and the game is much more playable, I remember it would always crash and was really irritating to play. I'm excited to see this update in action and compare it to before the update.

I haven't played since the original game. Knew of the project and fooled around, but thank god this gives me something actively to do besides college work

Why would you do such a big update on a weekend?
We tried to delay it to as late as possible in the day to ensure it wouldn’t disrupt too many people. With the coronavirus out, we now have a ton of people online whether it’s a weekend or weekday, so it doesn’t make too much of a difference. We do apologize for the inconvenience but we hope people will find it to be worth it.

When the game opens back up, double experience will still be on, and double loot will begin on the 26th.

Back