MEGATHREAD: Slow and stuck loading screens (and 30%)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not, but regardless, this is a major issue for me. So I downloaded the game last night, and created the character. After I finished creating the character, at the first chance I have to move, the game crashed. For the rest of my time slot I tried re logging on and playing, but it would immediately crash every time. This morning, it gets stuck on the Jail screen at 30% every. single. time. It becomes unresponsive and waiting seems to lead to nothing. I've tried manually switching servers before playing, changing settings, and even using another character. Any advice?

Edit: after waiting it out on the jail screen, it just crashes. Clueless as to what to do at this point.

I'm having the exact same problem. I made 2 characters and tried switching servers a bunch of times. Any more fix ideas?

MEGATHREAD: Crashes / Server issues
Ahoy! I wanted to post this here to see if I'm the only one encountering this issue! I recently wanted to create a couple other pirates (mainly so I can reserve the names, get them a bit of gold, and get them ready to be leveled). I created one pirate, and after finalizing him, I skipped the following cutscene and the game crashed. Upon trying to log into said pirate after opening the game back up, it would repeatedly crash after the load screen. So, I deleted him and started over, skipped the cutscene, and received the same outcome. At this point I believed it to be related to skipping the cutscene, so when I deleted him (again), and started ANOTHER new pirate, I didn't skip the cutscene, and received another crash, at the exact same time. Is anyone else having this issue? And are the devs aware of this issue? I will attach my last crash log to the post in case a dev comes through here. Thanks for your time!
LesPaulObsession, Today at 12:30 AM

I had fixed this right after we deployed the update, it should roll out in the next update tomorrow.

- Bryan
Ecio, Today at 12:50 AM

This may help ease some of the issues stated above regarding new pirates and not being able to get past jail scene. Also seems related to 30% issue as well. I tried for an hour to get past that with deleting pirates, skipping cut scene, not skipping, reloading, trying to use different servers, etc. Finally saw this in the above listed thread and gave up and hoping for the best with this update

Yup. I made my account way back many months ago, yet it appears that I can't get passed the Jail level. I get the thing loaded, it gives me an error and asks if I want to try again. I say "Yes", it loads, then I can "play" or create new pirate. I can't play because it puts me on a Jail loadscreen at 30%, but the highest I've gotten is 53%, but it just closes the game. It entirely crashes. This is highly annoying... I've tried probably around 50-60 times...

Same with me here...and I'm already halfway through my play time....I've tried creating a new character, but the same thing happens again and again. After I finish customizing my character and it lets me move for the first time, it instantly crashes. Whenever I try to enter the game, it gets stuck at the Jail loading screen, then crashes instantly.

Last edited:
I had this problem many times I waited out for like 20 min. and was super excited to see it finally worked This is what you should probaly do when creating a new character wait it out as long as possible

I hope this helps everyone here. I wanted to let people know that I was playing the game just fine with no issues and then out of nowhere...BAM!! Couldn't load the game past 54%. Sometimes it would get to 53%, or somewhere lower, but never past 50%. I tried running as administrator and everything. However, the way that I fixed this (and hopefully I don't get yelled at for stating the obvious) was to simply uninstall and reinstall the game...and now I am back online! I read around and I think that I saw that reinstalling didn't work for some, but it definitely helped me.

Like I said, I hope this helped someone!

This Issue with the 30% freezing screen and game crashing it's well known from the Alpha update.
I did experience this problem when I log in the game and I can suggest patience because it's loading but slowly.

Last edited:
So i'm new to this version of the game and haven't played it since it was the original Disney one. Anyways ive been trying to log on to this version for the past 45 minutes. It lets me login, then it takes me to a loading screen, then it says "cannot connect, do you want to try again" (My wifi is on and I have great connection on my computer), I click the check and then it takes me to another loading screen. It loads and I am able to see and make my pirates. After I click play on a pirate it takes me to the jail loading screen and freezes at 30%. The game then crashes and takes me back to my login screen and repeats these steps. I have been so excited and eager to play this game because it used to be my favorite, but It wont even let me play. What should I do?

Lately, updates have come frequently (due to the massive update that was just released that. . obviously, brought bugs). I expect within the next few weeks we both should be able to play! :)

Okay I understand, thanks for the info. Do you by any chance know when the next update will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back