Discussion MEGATHREAD: TLOPO/POTCO Lore Discussion

Somebody take these thoughts here and run with them. Just thinking and creating some theories.

Right now, I'm just wondering if Jack is going to come into play here. As the son of Captain Teague, Capn Jack has ties to Keepers of the Code as well (indirectly). This could help to reconnect Jack to the story line after he seemingly disappears from the game after the BP quest. Not sure the TLOPO team will tie him into the story or not though.

Also, what importance does Wade McCallister have in Keepers of the Code now, and how does he take part in the storyline? Lastly, if Wade owes so much to Alaina, why hasn't Alaina said anything about Wade?

PS for the storyline team: I think it would be even more realistic and fit the game better if some of the "news posts" were letters between two characters, like a letter from Wade to Alaina that we can read or maybe that was intercepted somehow. I think it could make these cool lore posts even more interesting! I'm looking forward to what's coming up next!

Last edited:
Also, what importance does Wade McCallister have in Keepers of the Code now, and how does he take part in the storyline? Lastly, if Wade owes so much to Alaina, why hasn't Alaina said anything about Wade?

PS for the storyline team: I think it would be even more realistic and fit the game better if some of the "news posts" were letters between two characters, like a letter from Wade to Alaina that we can read or maybe that was intercepted somehow. I think it could add even more interesting to these cool lore posts! I'm looking forward to what's coming up next!

Alaina's pretty busy most of the time, so probably hasn't had time to write about her crew-mates, regarding the first part. Stay tuned!

As for the second... hey, that's a neat idea! Thanks ;)

Somebody take these thoughts here and run with them. Just thinking and creating some theories.

Right now, I'm just wondering if Jack is going to come into play here. As the son of Captain Teague, Capn Jack has ties to Keepers of the Code as well (indirectly). This could help to reconnect Jack to the story line after he seemingly disappears from the game after the BP quest. Not sure the TLOPO team will tie him into the story or not though.

PS for the storyline team: I think it would be even more realistic and fit the game better if some of the "news posts" were letters between two characters, like a letter from Wade to Alaina that we can read or maybe that was intercepted somehow. I think it could add even more interesting to these cool lore posts! I'm looking forward to what's coming up next!
Just realized it said "I think it could add even more interesting." :p LOL. I'm so skill at grammar, right?

Just a question? Why are there no Dutch elements in POTCO/TLOPO? They had a very large interest in the Caribbean, and the Dutch Fluet or Flyt was one of the most common ships sailing in those waters for many years and were often a target of choice for many pirates and privateers. Just wondering if the Dutch ever made it into the Pirate Lore?

Here's a theory for y'all regarding this news story from a while back: https://piratesforums.co/threads/tales-of-the-homesick.18064/

In the letter, we hear about a Navy man who has been struggling to protect someplace or something from Jolly Roger. My first thought was that this man is going to be a new addition found on Isla Escondida (and he probably is just that, but that completely ruins my theory, and that's no fun :p). But then I said, "Nah, it's boring to just settle with the fact that I don't know anything about him... let's see what we do know about him!" So I went back to the letter, thinking about his situation:
  • Missing his family
  • In the navy
  • Fighting attacks from Jolly Roger's enemies (protecting someplace/thing)
So then I thought: how could this relate to things that are in the game or that I know about the game? That's when the theory came to me: (I know this may sound completely insane, but hear me out) The man is a rage ghost! Here's my reasoning to believe that this could be true:
  • As stated by the wiki, "According to a GM, the Rage Ghosts used to work for the navy but they crashed their ship into Raven's Cove when Jolly Roger attacked. They are trying to defend the town from Jolly Roger." In the story, we have a man who fits this description almost exactly
  • The man misses his family. As a ghost, his sense of time may have been lost and he could be confused about his death, believing that he is still living and working for the navy far away from his family. Why would a ghost get confused and lose its sense of time? Ok, I'll admit I got that from watching every episode of Ghost Whisperer. :p
To wrap this all up, this could mean that we could expect expansions on Raven's Cove, it's backstory, and the Evil Curse Of Doom. However, I'm probably all wrong and got all excited about rage ghost updates for nothing, as I'm probably wrong and he's just from Escondida. Oh well, this theory was more fun anyway! :D :p

Source: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Rage_Ghost?comments_page=1

Here's a theory for y'all regarding this news story from a while back: https://piratesforums.co/threads/tales-of-the-homesick.18064/

In the letter, we hear about a Navy man who has been struggling to protect someplace or something from Jolly Roger. My first thought was that this man is going to be a new addition found on Isla Escondida (and he probably is just that, but that completely ruins my theory, and that's no fun :p). But then I said, "Nah, it's boring to just settle with the fact that I don't know anything about him... let's see what we do know about him!" So I went back to the letter, thinking about his situation:
  • Missing his family
  • In the navy
So then I thought: how could this relate to things that are in the game or that I know about the game? That's when the theory came to me: (I know this may sound completely insane, but hear me out) The man is a rage ghost! Here's my reasoning to believe that this could be true:
  • As stated by the wiki, "According to a GM, the Rage Ghosts used to work for the navy but they crashed their ship into Raven's Cove when Jolly Roger attacked. They are trying to defend the town from Jolly Roger." In the story, we have a man who fits this description almost exactly
  • The man misses his family. As a ghost, his sense of time may have been lost and he could be confused about his death, believing that he is still living and working for the navy far away from his family. Why would a ghost get confused and lose its sense of time? Ok, I'll admit I got that from watching every episode of Ghost Whisperer. :p
To wrap this all up, this could mean that we could expect expansions on Raven's Cove, it's backstory, and the Evil Curse Of Doom. However, I'm probably all wrong and got all excited about rage ghost updates for nothing, as I'm probably wrong and he's just from Escondida. Oh well, this theory was more fun anyway! :D :p

Source: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Rage_Ghost?comments_page=1

This is a really interesting theory Peter!

In regards to this portion:

As a ghost, his sense of time may have been lost and he could be confused about his death, believing that he is still living and working for the navy far away from his family. Why would a ghost get confused and lose its sense of time?

It's my personal belief that a rage ghost would be so blinded by their rage, that they would no longer notice the normal passage of time or their surroundings. Heck, they may not even know they're dead!

Fighting attacks from Jolly Roger's enemies (protecting someplace/thing)

Don't forget the darkness and stifling heat, as that'd help set the scene!

Anyone else have any thoughts on my theory :D
I think your theory is very intriguing. I haven't really looked into that news post as much as the other news posts. Your theory would definitely make sense. Sometimes when I'm bored I like to read the "old" news posts ("A Sea Dog Run Aground" as well as others) and try to see if I can connect any dots with other news posts. It's a lot of fun actually :)

Sometimes when I'm bored I like to read the "old" news posts ("A Sea Dog Run Aground" as well as others) and try to see if I can connect any dots with other news posts.
I do this all the time! In fact, this is what I was doing when I came up with this theory! The other news posts are either too obvious or too secretive to have good theories behind them (as far as I have ventured), but as I read this one I noticed how this one relates to the game as we have it now instead of a future game with new islands and quests. Thanks for spilling your thoughts about it! I love hearing from others about different theories!

I do this all the time! In fact, this is what I was doing when I came up with this theory! The other news posts are either too obvious or too secretive to have good theories behind them (as far as I have ventured), but as I read this one I noticed how this one relates to the game as we have it now instead of a future game with new islands and quests. Thanks for spilling your thoughts about it! I love hearing from others about different theories!
The one that still intrigues me most is Redcrash. I like how he's mentioned and used as the miners barely have any story/recognition. I thought it was quite the nice touch to use him :)

The one that still intrigues me most is Redcrash. I like how he's mentioned and used as the miners barely have any story/recognition. I thought it was quite the nice touch to use him :)
I agree! When I find the time, I'll reread that story and see what I come up with ;). I think you're onto something, and I also think that that story also relates to the Headstone Quest and some of the other stories relating to Padres. Oh, what the future holds that we can't see!

I agree! When I find the time, I'll reread that story and see what I come up with ;). I think you're onto something, and I also think that that story also relates to the Headstone Quest and some of the other stories relating to Padres. Oh, what the future holds that we can't see!
I reread the letter, and I agree even more so that it's very interesting now that I've refreshed my memory! I see a promising future in it, although I don't have any theories... yet ;). However, according to the story, there are more letters for us in the future (hope you staff members didn't forget about that :p), so I hope we will learn something about upcoming lore and game content through more of the stories!

So I went back to the letter, thinking about his situation:
  • Missing his family
  • In the navy

This is a really interesting theory Peter!

Don't forget the darkness and stifling heat, as that'd help set the scene!

These made me think of Beckett's Quarry or someplace on Padres del Fuego. I don't think there's lava in El Patron's Mines so I don't think Raven's Cove would be the answer to the 'heat' portion of the description.

Back