Event Memorial Sail in honor of Captain C-Ray -Sun 7/23/17 @7PM EST

Dread Poet Roberts

Honorable Pirate
All,

It is with sad news to report from Captain Whale, that one of our original POTCO members, ETC officer Captain C-Ray has been pulled by the Cancer Kracken to meet Davy Jones face to face. Captain C-Ray (Also known as Robert Firewalker) set sail on the Flying Dutchman last week, onto his final adventure.

Lover of all things Disney Pirates, Captain C-Ray once bought himself a ticket to the Disneyland Premiere of On Stranger Tides just to see the cast in person. His wit and charm will be missed. Captain C-Ray, friend to all, you are gone too soon.

On Sunday 7/23/2017 at 7PM East Coast Time, 6PM Central (C-Ray's home time zone), 4 PM Pacific, midnight London Time on Poderoso Server, we will honor Captain C-Ray's memory with a memorial sail. Please meet on Devil Anvil in front of the grotto. All Pirates are invited to launch their own boat where we will ring the island, bow to stern, counter clockwise to form a ring of life for the green flash. Once you have gotten your boat into position, let go of the wheel. Someone will give a pirate blessing. All pirates will then mount a cannon and we will send him off by lighting the island on fire with fireballs and fury, as befits the Viking that he was in life.

After our 2100 gun salute, pirates are invited to the Grotto to toast the memories of Captain C-Ray.

--DreadPoet Roberts

Last edited:
Original announcement from Captain Whale -- who knew Captain C-Ray in real life:

Ahoy to me pirate friends. Some sad news to be imparting upon you this day. One of our own had passed beyond the horizon. Captain C Ray, aka Ken, aka my friend has lost his fight with the giant crab called cancer.

Please join me in praying for him and his family in this difficult time. Ken was a good friend to many of us and I know this will come as a shock to most. Ken was a very private person and didn't like to share his woes with others. Captain C Ray was a pirate, honorable, helpful, caring and good man. He will be sorely missed.

Cheers and Rum to you my friend - Fair winds and good hunting to you mate. See you someday beyond the green flash.

Thank you for sharing your life with me.

- Captain Whale

captain_C-ray1.jpg
captain_C-ray2.jpg
captain_C-ray3.jpg

Man, that just...sucks.:sad1: _sigh.

C-Ray (aka @Zin) did a lot for ye pirates in trying to have Disney respond to the Revive POTCO (petition) requests. He was "very" dedicated to the purpose and to the cause and became...I really good friend, to me. He even helped later - after POTCO was closed - to shoot down a nasty rumor which had surfaced which had to do with Disney and a remake (which was leading back in the day).

*A huge blow to the ex-POTCO community, no doubt. :angel:

turkey hunt 12.jpg
screenshot_2010-02-06_20-28-48.jpg
POTCO018.jpg
So sad to here of Ray's passing :( Being a very private man he didn't share the illness he'd had with most, and what I found was that throughout his illness he was always so positive, even when under the strain of his treatment. I really thought and hoped he would beat it. :(

He did indeed run 'The Castle' along with Captain Whale and myself. We we're offered the Forum after our good friend Achilles stepped down. After POTCO finished Ray kept it going for a while after as a reference before winding it up completely. 'Peg Leg Pete' was the account and pirate used by the Lead Dev at the time (Vince) who also played Captain Walter :) Here's a few pics including Raymondo (Captain C Ray)

On behalf of the Dark Archive ( in which C-Ray kept his Zin pirate) we would like to raise our rum in honor of the famously genteel and always friendly Captain C-Ray! I had the privilege of working with C-Ray at the Castle prior to my position here at PF.co. The Dark Archive recognizes all the wonderful contributions C-Ray selflessly gave to this community and we will be honored to participate in the Memorial Sail.

Fair Winds, Mate!

KFK

Update -- we tested it tonight and it works best to first meet on Devil Anvil and then to launch the boats en masse. The boats appear in their natural positions around the island

7PM East Coast time
Poderoso Server
Devil Anvil in front of Barbossa Grotto
instructions to be given then everyone will launch their boats
circle counter clockwise around the island bow to stern
once in position let go of the wheel and mount a cannon
I will give a pirate blessing
All ships will fire on Devil Anvil with fireball and fury
Afterwards we will go into the grotto and tell stories about Captain C-Ray
(note that TLOPO does not recognize the word C-ray-- so I am using 'cray' which is recognized.

NOTE 2: I still need someone to video this and put it on Youtube for C-Ray's family. Please let me know if you can do this for Ken.

Last edited:
Update -- we tested it tonight and it works best to first meet on Devil Anvil and then to launch the boats en masse. The boats appear in their natural positions around the island

7PM East Coast time
Poderoso Server
Devil Anvil in front of Barbossa Grotto
instructions to be given then everyone will launch their boats
circle counter clockwise around the island bow to stern
once in position let go of the wheel and mount a cannon
I will give a pirate blessing
All ships will fire on Devil Anvil with fireball and fury
Afterwards we will go into the grotto and tell stories about Captain C-Ray
(note that TLOPO does not recognize the word C-ray-- so I am using 'cray' which is recognized.
what a wonderful idea 。◕‿◕。

OMG. This is horrible news. I feel so bad for completely missing this thread until now. I'm sorry guys. I didn't know him as well as most of you, but I will still miss his presence. He was an honorable man and pirate.

Rest in peace!

I'll do my best to be there. (I'm also losing my mind here... cannot keep up with the dates during summer with kids out of school...)

So sorry to hear the news :(

Capt C Ray was a truly exemplary pirate and a very friendly and kind person. I really enjoyed discussing the game with him and others on the Castle while it was around and seeing him occasionally in game. He will be greatly missed.

:pirate ship:

May he rest in peace.
And let our hearts be with him and his family on this sad time of sorrow.
He's truly gained a spot in all our hearts, and impacted the POTCO / TLOPO Community.
And thanks to you my pirate neighbor, he shall have a proper sendoff that every man and woman should have. Cancer has taken many lives now, including C-Rays.

May God be with his family and bless them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l-4b8Pcb2Q

~Swift / qres.

Last edited:
Back