Minecraft

So I heard you can play it witth or without internet...?
If you play with internet, does it use up a lot of gigs (like if you had an internet plan that allowed a certain ammount of gigs per month)?
I really want to get it! (Especially because this is one of the few games available to mac) :D

So I heard you can play it witth or without internet...?
If you play with internet, does it use up a lot of gigs (like if you had an internet plan that allowed a certain ammount of gigs per month)?
I really want to get it! (Especially because this is one of the few games available to mac) :D
You only have to sign in for multiplayer. Otherwise you can play it whenever.

i find it funny how jade cant even hardly walk in MC but can type that much about it LOL

It's funny how you could build walls that high and bury my Jade on it, and you could not say something about it? ;)

It's all in the 'logic', Corey ... Read what critiques said on the magazines! The more you are familiar with types of games, the more you could analyze. Another example is Farmville (I used to play it on FB). A little different from MC, but that game has no story line either. Except, Farmville is 'enslaving' players; makes us have to keep up with it on routine basis, almost like having a 'real' vegetable garden to keep up with. That's why a lot of ppl finally left it (I was one of them), because it became time-consuming.

It's funny how you could build walls that high and bury my Jade on it, and you could not say something about it? ;)

It's all in the 'logic', Corey ... Read what critiques said on the magazines! The more you are familiar with types of games, the more you could analyze. Another example is Farmville (I used to play it on FB). A little different from MC, but that game has no story line either. Except, Farmville is 'enslaving' players; makes us have to keep up with it on routine basis, almost like having a 'real' vegetable garden to keep up with. That's why a lot of ppl finally left it (I was one of them), because it became time-consuming.
makes sense

Be warned. It would be best to play on singleplayer, because if you make or play on a multiplayer server, there are still griefers who would otherwise take things from your chest if it's not locked or destroy your creations. Even Minecraft has griefers, so be wary.

It's easy. First, you'll need to survive your first day on singleplayer. First, you'll have to gather down some wood by punching a tree trunk. Mini block icons will fall once you destroy it. Walk up to it and collect it. To destroy a block, you wanna HOLD DOWN the left mouse button. If you repeatedly click on the tree trunk, you won't accomplish anything just get bloody knuckles. (Favorite quote from a Minecraft tutorial created by a YouTube user.) Once you collect about 11 or 12 blocks of wood, (you can find out how much you have by looking at the hotbar or your inventory and looking at the number indicated on the block.) open your inventory to get crafting. First, put your whole stack of wood blocks (it should look like one block icon but still have the number indicated on it) in a box at the crafting 2x2 box. It should make some wooden planks. Grab your wooden planks and put a wooden plank icon in each box in the 2x2 box. You now have a crafting table, or workbench, to craft better tools and have more crafting space. You can use your workbench to make various tools such as a pickaxe, sword, axe, shovel, and woman. For now, you want to use your wooden planks by putting one on top of the other in the middle boxes (only 2 icons) to create sticks. You want to grab some sticks, but don't use all of your wooden planks. Save some for later tools and then put two stick icons in the middle boxes and three wooden plank icons across the top. You now made a wooden pickaxe. Wood is almost the weakest tool in the game, but it should suffice for the present since it's only your first day. Keep in mind that one day in Minecraft can take approximately 10 minutes. After you've made your pickaxe, look around for some coal. (Coal looks like a gray block, but with black spots on it. Usually, where you find one, you'll find a whole vein of it. Coal can usually be found at the sides of cliff faces on Minecraft.) If you find stone, which is basically just gray blocks, collect those too. They can make stronger tools than wood can. After you've gathered the whole vein of coal and your stone, hopefully you've taken your workbench with you. To take your workbench, just destroy it like any normal block. Collect its icon and then continue on. If you found a cliff face, you've probably found a pretty good place for a hidey hole to last the night. Where you mined the stone and coal, mine a little further to get a good space for the night. You want to make torches for a light source first, so craft it by using coal and sticks. Make about 8 torches if possible, and use them so you can see in your little hidey hole. You probably have lots of useless blocks by now, so use them by placing them where you mined to the hidey hole to block out the mobs that come out at night. Leave a little block space at the top so you can see when it's night or morning, though. Make sure there are no block spaces that are open for mobs except the window that you made. Put your workbench in your hidey hole and use it to wait out the night by crafting tools for the next morning. Use stone for this so it lasts longer than wood. You are pretty much done for the night, and make sure you read this BEFORE you actually play because reading this can be time consuming. :p

It's easy. First, you'll need to survive your first day on singleplayer. First, you'll have to gather down some wood ... You are pretty much done for the night, and make sure you read this BEFORE you actually play because reading this can be time consuming. :p

That was the BEST long, no-pause instruction! :p It WAS time-consuming to read without a pause - heh, takes a deep breath - but great regardless. Good job, Gastro! And I mean it, not being sarcastic. :D

it depends on what you like. im thinking about buying a different account because i dont like my username.
thanks corey i used a new gamer tag i made up last month i dont know what anyone can do with it yet but here it is : XxZmg968xX its not much but i like it

Well, I was playing on a multiplayer server on version 1.0.0. Strangely, I heard something about Notch and Yogscast being in a fight? Anyone got any info about this? Or is it just rumors?

Well, I was playing on a multiplayer server on version 1.0.0. Strangely, I heard something about Notch and Yogscast being in a fight? Anyone got any info about this? Or is it just rumors?
yeah notch heard that yogs told a kid that wanted them to sign something notch sign ed that they crossed it out and told him to bug off. but the yogs said this is not true and notch apoligized

Back