Announcement Need a Key? Say no More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a short one, but I was shooting a glitched bounty hunter after he had settled from teleporting back and forth, and just as I break him to half health he turns immediately around and shoots from Padres to Cutthroat and off into the sunset within 3 seconds.

(P.S. I love the game and this would make a really nice late-birthday present! Surprisingly this was announced near my birthday)

Not a artist, but i gave it a shot.
Also i already have a beta key, but i would like to enter on behalf of a freind who is in need of a key.
Also i bet the skull chest this key opens, contains the lost sword of El Patron :mad:
1497245127810-1482818090.jpg

Last edited:
The funniest thing that happened to me was in fort charles. I had the glitch happen, where when you are knocked out, you can still move, attack, revive, and you never actually die. I watched as a bunch of new people came into Fort Charles. They constantly tred to revive me, but of course, I slid away. I then slid all about, and attacked every enemy (most of them at least haha) and led all of them straight to where the people were farming grunts. It scared all of them so bad, but no harm was done. Good laugh for me back in the old days

View attachment 84193

Ahoy, everyone!

Beta Keys are as rare as Legendary Weapons nowadays, aren't they? Well, not today! The Crew has designed a contest that will award 10 players with Beta Keys!

In order to enter, all you have to do is post one of the following on this thread
(entries only, please do not post questions here):

a) A drawing of an item for the Keepers of the Code guild, preferably a key. The best drawing will become both a sail emblem and a tattoo that will be shown off by Game Masters in-game! Other 4 winners will win a key. The drawing must be in black and white.

*Original works only, entries copied from Google Images will be disqualified

b) Tell us about a funny experience you’ve had in-game! Make us cry from laughter! 300 words maximum or a video no longer than 3 minutes.

5 winners will be chosen for both the drawing contest and the story.

Accounts with serious or repeat violations of our Terms of Service are ineligible. Winners will be announced on June 24th, 2017!

Good luck, mateys! If you’ve got any questions, shoot a private message to MMDR.
So there I was sailing towards Kings Head, Swords drawn Potion Restocked & pockets empty. Mostly because I have a bad poker habit, Well after my boots hit the creaky wooden boards I heard gun shots & grenade being thrown left and right like some made money like Barbosa pet Monkey "Jack". After sneaking past the two guards hoping they wouldn't Poke my good eye, because I only have the one eye patch. I managed to sneak myself in like some stray cat looking for some fish, There I was in Kings Head soldiers on the ground waiting for their captain to call for more reinforcements then suddenly a low ranking officer stab me in the back, I turned & he was gone! Suddenly he vanished behind the fence, Me trying to catch up with my one good leg. So I ran after the red coated pirate with his fancy hat and swinging my sword around and delivered the finishing blow POW!! Finally he has fallen, but wait! with his last dying breath he calls for help & I'm running for my life dodging every sword, finally I manage to escape unscathed with one potion left. The long chase is over so I grab the golden chest the captain dropped and head back home to Port Royal to tell my friends at the tavern what transpired that afternoon.

723f3491b7471fef103a29317b4cf7b9.jpg

Last edited:
The funniest experience I have had in tlopo was when I was out plundering bounty hunters and warships, so were sailing along taking them out and getting those ship materials and there were other pirate ships with hunters and warships on them but they ported and the ships remained. So they are in one spot just sitting there and a navy ferret starts to attack the warship its circling the battle royale and trying its hardest to sink it and then the warship takes off faster than the eye can see, I mean it had to be going at least mach 3 it was gone in a second, wanting nothing to do with the little light sloop navy ferret. My crew and I were laughing our behinds off it was hilarious.

I was sailing the sea's today with my ship full of loot when all of the sudden, I veer over my shoulder and see a hunter ship going at least 50 knots coming straight at me. Coming at an unfathomable speed faster then even the black pearl I panicky run to the wheel. By the time I arrived I was too late.....Alas it started gunning down my Brig. I watched my ships integrity drop as if it were a cannon ball thrown into the ocean but in this case it was all the booty I just plundered. I bring the sails to full and head for the nearest island, my ship already treading water in the red. The closest island to me was Isla Cangrejos. As I speed towards it doing but a mere 7 knots due to my sails shot up like someone slid down it with a dagger in hand. When out of no where 10-15 navy ferrets and eitc sea vipers appeared out of no where and I had no choice but to go straight through them with essentially a ship made of leaves and twigs. The island within swimming range, so close I could jump off and touch it, unfortunately the hunter activated warp drive to get in front of me. At this point Im on the edge of my seat screaming and swearing like a sailor. The hunter shortly ended my plundering, sinking my ship and my ego with it. Back into reality I have already left the room in a fit of rage.
I have yet to get on since but this game feeds an addiction only to satisfy by farming towards an overpowered staff of my memory. My only regret was it was the one time I wasn't streaming.

Well since I am no artist I suppose I will have to regale you with a tale:

One cloudy night I, Captain Reed Voss, was sailing my Brig, the Crimson Dragon, from Port Royal to the dreaded Raven’s Cove. I had filled my vessel with a mighty haul of with the spoils of Navy and EITC ships alike. Noticing my sailing skills to be just a mermaid’s tear away from the next level I choose to come about for one last mark. The waters were quiet as I sailed close to Raven’s Cove. Then… all of a sudden navy ships as far as the eye could see suddenly speeded in from all sides ensnaring the dragon and leaving me gaping like a surfaced fish. Knowing that I would not be able to push through so many enemies, I decided to go down in a blaze of glory firing both broadsides and watching the carnage unfold, prepared to go down with my ship as a respectable captain should. Unfortunately the game could not handle the battle I had commenced, and I was quickly kicked off. Being as it was late I chose to rescind what little time I had left in my playtime and sign up for a fresh slot in the morning. When I logged in the next day I spawned on Raven’s Cove and a glitch treated my brig as if it had never existed in the first place. I was marooned for 3 days (read 30 minutes) before I swallowed my pride and stowed away on the first ship that came within a hair’s breadth of that cursed cove. Now I only sail those waters when I have no other options.

Picture it, Tortuga, 1717! (or whenever the sodding date of this game is supposed to be) and the unstoppable guild of Never Die Easy is about to set sail with a 3 man crew. 3 men mind you, that are on a quest to obtain materials. Now our crew sets off on my feared War Frigate; "Dark Revenge."
Being IRL friends we all lived very close, so naturally we had the same weather conditions outside our windows. We set out, knocked up some Death Omens and Hunters, and filled our coffers with.... well.... cargo crates and some chests. Next thing I know, over our flag-signaling (Skype) communication, we get a tornado warning. We took it seriously until we forgot about it approximately 1 minute later (Come on, it was a warship! Those are really profitable!). Whilst our epic clash with the Navy's finest was just getting good, the tornado sirens went off! We all just left the game on AFK and went to our basements for about an hour. We were all a bit peeved that there was never any actual tornado, so we got back on our PCs and sure enough not ONLY had no one lost connection, some poor bloke who joined our ship had taken the wheel and was desperately running from Warship after Warship around the Caribbean! The bloke didn't know that on the last infamy level only one port in the whole Caribbean is open, so he ran with my ship in circles around Islands from WARSHIPS for an HOUR. As to how the bloke did it I want to know. Good news was we all got back with our 5 rare mats chests and many other goodies. The poor kid's name I recall was Sam Foulstack. What a hero.

Me funniest experience be when I were farmin' with my guild mate, Luke Legendblood at the south idol. Everything was going great, Until I mightily pulled out my BIG... grenades and started stompin' on those good for nothin' ghosts. Luke was getting agitated, I could feel the tension arising. He defiantly exclaimed "That's how its gonna be, huh?", and he too proceeded to pull out his BIG... grenades. It was a fight to the death to see who could kill the most, the fasted, the quickest. minutes past, soon becoming half an hour, but it was not long before Luke let his struggles shine through, and with a great sense of pride, he said "Adios amigos" and kill himself with his BIG... grenades. We both laughed so hard, that I "accidentally" didn't revive him because I "forgot".

I'm not an artist, so I have a tale to tell ye
My attempt at getting my voodoo doll was no small feat, I had first arrived on cuba with sword, gun and potions ready but to my dismay the water decided to dry up, when I spawned in I found myself falling luckily the sand below was still there and I was managed to climb my way back up so off to tia dalma now, alligator blood got it no big deal... and flying alligators were my opponents, "well floating" every alligator was a few feet up, needless to say they were a pain to hit XD (ik I suck at talking about situations XD)

View attachment 84193

Ahoy, everyone!

Beta Keys are as rare as Legendary Weapons nowadays, aren't they? Well, not today! The Crew has designed a contest that will award 10 players with Beta Keys!

In order to enter, all you have to do is post one of the following on this thread
(entries only, please do not post questions here):

a) A drawing of an item for the Keepers of the Code guild, preferably a key. The best drawing will become both a sail emblem and a tattoo that will be shown off by Game Masters in-game! Other 4 winners will win a key. The drawing must be in black and white.

*Original works only, entries copied from Google Images will be disqualified

b) Tell us about a funny experience you’ve had in-game! Make us cry from laughter! 300 words maximum or a video no longer than 3 minutes.

5 winners will be chosen for both the drawing contest and the story.

Accounts with serious or repeat violations of our Terms of Service are ineligible. Winners will be announced on June 24th, 2017!

Good luck, mateys! If you’ve got any questions, shoot a private message to MMDR.

Funniest experience? I sank my own ship in Alpha
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnCSUDQOBZ4

Instead of an in-game funny experience, I decided to write a story, like "Memories of a Storm", that involves my in-game character/ship plus some humor and fiction. (the contest title says "show off your creativity", so I went for it :)) I hope you like it!

-Tortuga-

Sundown. I was on my way from Port Royal to Devil's Anvil, with nothing but a few gold doubloons in my pocket and a light sloop at my feet. About a quarter mile from my destination, I encountered a man strapped to the back of what appeared to be eight sea turtles, strung together with rope. He wore a cover over his face and appeared to be sleeping or in a drunken stupor. As my ship approached, the man suddenly jolted up:

"Who goes there?", he slurred.

"Auralius", I replied.

"And whose ship is that?", he spoke, "a mighty fine-looking vessel."

"The ship is mine", I replied, "her name is Dark Voyager."

"She looks in need of a captain", the man pressed.

"I am the captain of this ship, she needs no more", I firmly replied.

"Aye, is that so?", the man stated, "and what have you against acquiring a new captain?", he paused, "a better captain?"

*At this point, I had helped the man off his turtle-raft and over the starboard side of my sloop.*

"Well, there aren't any captains around here other than myself, and seeing as you have no ship and only a crew of sea turtles, I don't fancy you to be much of a captain yourself", I said. "How did you end up on a raft made of sea turtles anyways? Where are you trying to go? It looks like you aren't sailing anywhere at all--considering you have no ship", I boldly stated.

The man held his hands at chest level and started making odd pointing gestures, "The person doing the sailing is not always the one with a ship. And the person without a ship is now in need of someone to set sail with, savvy?", the man clearly stated.

At this moment, the man made his way to the wheel of my ship and removed the cover that had previously obscured his face. As he stood at the helm, with trinkets and jewelry glistening in the remaining sunlight, I realized I was standing in the presence of the legendary pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow; now it was I, indeed, that was without a ship.

"You're Captain Jack Sparrow!", I exclaimed.

"Aye, and we be headed for Tortuga now", as he grabbed at a bottle of rum to his side.

"What lies for us at Tortuga?" I said.

"Treasure, mate; the rarest and most legendary artifact this side of Padres", he said.

"What kind of treasure, exactly?", I questioned.

Sparrow pulled a crumpled map from his pocket and pointed to two letters that had been circled and written over top a crude drawing of Tortuga, "BK". Underneath, a small inscription wrote, "Held by few, sought by many".

"DK?", I mumbled, "Doubloons!! DK must stand for Doubloons of the King! We're gonna be rich!"

"Aye, perhaps--if the map read DK", he paused, "but it reads BK, which means something much greater than doubloons, mate. What we're after is a key. A key that will make available to us all the treasures in the world. A key which will bring us experiences so grand that legends will be written on our account", Sparrow charismatically spoke.

"BK stands for Beta Key", Sparrow whispered, "and I can't wait to get my hands on one."

*Cue "He's a Pirate" Track* ;)

*Roll Credits*

-Auralius

Last edited:
One day back in the original POTCO I was a young lad. I've played many MMO's at the time and I was just starting to play Pirates Online. So I played and played, and I got really into it. So when I was around Level 25 I met this one girl, her name was Rose. She was so nice and we got to become very close friends in the short weeks that we played. So time went on and we leveled up together, killed NPC's, sank ships, fought bosses. Then we got to about level 45 when we started seeing all of the cool roleplaying that was going on in the game. The people that had the EITC guilds and the opposing pirate guilds and such. So we stopped talking for a while, then out of nowhere this strange man that was in my crew at the time saw my potential on the Sea. He approached me and said, "Hey William, have you ever put any thought into joining the EITC?" then I said, "No, it hasn't really crossed my mind." So he friended me and said, "Hey if you ever want to join up we could use some men like you with good sailing skills." So I after a few days I kept thinking about what that strange character said to me. So then without thinking about Rose I talked to this strange man. And after a little bit of talking I ended up joining one of the biggest EITC factions at the time. So weeks pass and I haven't talked to Rose in a while, I probably said something dumb because I'm a guy. But suddenly on a very stormy day we were in a great showdown with a rival pirate guild. I went to go help my comrades then out of nowhere I see Rose........standing besides the pirates. My heart sank into my chest then I remembered how she wanted to get into the roleplaying game. Then I tried to sneak off but she saw me. She was so angry at me for choosing to side with the EITC. So then I tried to calm her down but she just kept getting angrier and angrier. So then she gives me and ultimatum. She says, "take off all of your black coat and renounce your allegiance to the EITC or renounce your friendship with me." But as soon as she said that my commanding officer turns around and says, "Will do you know this heathen?" And I looked at him with a thousand yard stare and said, "Yes I do, she is my best friend." I took off the black coat renounced my allegiance to the EITC and left the guild for good. So after everything Rose comes up to me and says, "Hey I really appreciate what you did there." So i looked her in the eye and said, "I wouldn't give anything for your friendship, even though you're going to mean more to me than just a friend." And after that day, me and her played till the final days of pirates online.

Once upon a time, Timothy Dirkcutter was plundering the ol' high seas with his mateys, the lad had 10/12 royal chests and two rare ship materials on his ol' trusty frigate, and was about to port at Padres Del Fuego, when tragedy struck. Was it a Death Omen? An EITC Juggernaut? Maybe a bounty hunter? Nay, something that ye couldn't imagine. His game crashed and lost all of his loot. Ol' Tim panicked, and swam across the entire coast, looking for any chest laying in the sand. No traces of the loot were found. All is left is the wonders of what could have been.

Arrrr mates! Gather all 'round, for I be keepin within me brain a story that'll make yer holds burst with laughter!

Twas a dark n stormy night aboard me prized ship, the White Lion. There I be, restin' in me comfy bed. When all of a sudden me ears pick up a strange sound from the poop deck! Sounded somethin' like meowin! I sit up in me bed and suddenly the door to me quarters swing open! And there be me first mate, Jai Wilson! He walked in with the classic swagger of a pirate, and in his arms was a medium-sized crate, and from inside the crate I could hear the mewing of kittens! Why, I jumped up and looked inside, and the sight that me eyes were beholden to surely melted me pirate heart. It was an entire litter of kittens! 5 to be exact! What an occasion! And then, it slowly dawned on me that these here kittens didn't have any mama cat to take care of 'em! I looked up at me first mate and I told him so!

"We need to take care of these kittens, Jai! A man in a tavern on Tortuga with some great mutton chops told me it's bad luck to abandon kittens onboard a ship!"

Me first mate's face contorted into a devilish grin... something unlike anything I'd ever seen from him! He looked me directly in the eyes and he said...

"We have to take care of these lil' guys?! You've got to be KITTEN me!"

2 days later he was marooned on Driftwood island and I had about 4 new pets and a brand new furry first mate!

That be the end of my little story! I hope ye enjoyed it! Don't worry about yer tab, all yer drinks are on me, mates!
Here, let's make a toast! To TLOPO!

TAKE WHAT YE CAN, GIVE NOTHIN' BACK! :pirate ship:

One of my earliest memory's of potco was when i was online alone doing random fighting around port royal and i remember having to go into the town area to sell some stuff and when i came out of the shop i sore this player passed out laying by the door. My first question was what could have killed him this far into the city as there are no mobs around and my next question was should i revive him or not.
After questioning what my life has come to i started reviving him and as you will no doubt know when u revive someone you pore drink into there mouth and it wakes them up but from the place i was standing i was poring it on his boots. after the 30 second revival process he got up turned around then looked at me and then said " MY BOOTS YOU HAVE RUINED MY BOOTS" then 3 seconds later the guy started spamming the sword attack at me. now normally i would have just ignored him and ran off but i decided to get my revenge for the ungreatfullness. as he was low lv and he keeped following me i decided to take him into the fort where all of the mobs got angry with the 2 of us i then started attacking them with my voodoo doll but not actually damaging them. since the guy didn't want to die again he stooped attacking me and starting fighting the guards but since there was about 20 of them he didn't stand a chance and died. After dealing with the guards that was still attacking me i went over to the guy positioned myself in the same way as b4 revived him most of the way but didn't actually finish. i then lefted him to rot and that people is why you dont revive random people in port royal as they care more about there footwear then actually being alive XD

Tatoo.jpg I was making my Cousin a Birthday Card when i came across this post i hope it still works if u guys need to you can remove the happy birthday but hope this works out my TLOPO acc name is Mekelle48

If my Picture doesn't work then heres my funniest moment
Im not that drunk.png My Friend kinda had to much rum and thought that her empty bottle was her sword so she walked up to a Navy Veteran and tried to hit it lets just say in the end she felt a lil Groggy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back